< 1 2 3 > 
The Search for a Non-rage inducing character to level up.
Posted: 21 September 2016 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  125
Joined  2016-07-25

nm I just hit a science experiment brick wall

ToeToh - 21 September 2016 12:56 PM

4* Sauron (Soran) is ok so far but I just got him.

Posted: 21 September 2016 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2016-04-26

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I am going to see if I get CMO Crusher up for the event.

Signature 

Join Us
“Hear Roonis complain live, and lightly moderated: http://Discord.me/startrektimelines

Posted: 21 September 2016 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  2016-07-14

Bank for your buck, Mirror Garak is the easiest 4* to level and easier than most 3* in my opinion.

Signature 

This week Frank and Roonis talk about extra long shuttles,  the concept of F2P pain to convert to spending customers, discuss how Odo is not a Dax, and discuss the worst Starfleet Department to work in, HR.

Brand New Twitter Page!!!! https://twitter.com/FrankAndRoonis

Posted: 13 September 2017 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  186
Joined  2016-10-14

Stargazer Picard is fairly easy to Immoratalize

Signature 

FF but not FE 5* = 0, 4* = 19, 3* = 8, 2* = 3

FE but not FF 5* = 0, 4* = 1, 3* = 0

Immortalized 5* = 0, 4* = 11, 3* = 54, 2* = 34, 1* = 27

Posted: 13 September 2017 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2017-08-21

I’m a bit on the noob side and I found commando crusher to be easy took me 3 or 4 days to level her. Kes was easy.  4 stars take me a week or so 5 stars longer but I don’t want to be leveling 1 character at a time I level a cadet and a 4 or 5 star then maybe stop and level a event character

Posted: 13 September 2017 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  662
Joined  2016-06-17
Shran the Destroyer - 21 September 2016 12:30 PM
Hassinator - 21 September 2016 12:29 PM

What makes one crew easy to level up… time spent in the game.

As you play, you acquire more items and eventually they’re used on crew….. just sitting around.

I leveled up CMO Crusher in about 20 mins last night from 1-100 and spent about 120 chronitons, because I had so much just in my inventory.

So, my advice is to pick a crew you like/want/need and just focus only on that crew. Then repeat with the next one.

I agree with this. I usually pick 2-3 I will focus on.

After finishing them, once I pick another 2-3, I tend to have quite a bit of items already for those crew sitting around, which helps.

When they added the favorites feature to the crew list I planned to keep things nice and simple and favorite one blue, one purple, and one gold to work on replacing them as needed. With various needed to crit a node characters added, then the occasional lucky pull of a great for the gauntlet character and various other exceptions my working on list is usually around a dozen not counting any event crew.

Posted: 13 September 2017 10:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2016-05-29

Always check this site for any crew you are leveling or thinking of leveling. Its extremely helpful. http://ssr.izausomecreations.com/crewcost.html

Posted: 13 September 2017 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  405
Joined  2017-05-19
Plasma - 13 September 2017 06:10 PM

I’m a bit on the noob side and I found commando crusher to be easy took me 3 or 4 days to level her. Kes was easy.  4 stars take me a week or so 5 stars longer but I don’t want to be leveling 1 character at a time I level a cadet and a 4 or 5 star then maybe stop and level a event character

I focus like a laser on one crew member at a time.  I can almost always get a one to four star member up to 100 in a matter of hours.  I was very proud to have received an Admiral Nechayev and had her up to 100 in 2.5 hours.  As someone said, time in the game is huge because you built up a large inventory.  I get added help because I do not do Galaxy Events so my inventory is stock piled.  Plus I currently have 180 five star rations stockpiled for those five star equips along with tons of schematics and trainers for the hard to drop components.  The things I replicate the most are encoded communique’s, romulan emblems, one star prime directives, Bajoran Padd’s, basic things you really shouldn’t have to but by the time you burn through chrons just waiting for one to drop, you could have gotten plenty of three star item drops so save the chrons for that.  Then of course, once you get to the higher difficulty items, just replicate the entire five star item.

Signature 

AB

Posted: 13 September 2017 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  487
Joined  2016-02-24

Ensign Chapel, I think I immortalized her in like 3 hours at most.

Mirror Bashir, I had done in about 8 hours.

Princess Jadzia was a breeze to me.

Kortar, Borg Queen, and Kahless weren’t bad at all.

Signature 

Check out my game achievements! Or scroll down to see my self-made character ala Star Trek Timelines design

The Haus of Gaghgagh is currently full right now. We are seeking fleet alliances though!

Posted: 14 September 2017 01:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2016-03-22

Funny this thread is 1.5 years old and everyone is like yeah those crew still suck. Lol.

Signature 

Timelines Item Finder on Google Play

Timelines Crew Cost Viewer

Posted: 14 September 2017 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  405
Joined  2017-05-19
izausome - 14 September 2017 01:49 AM

Funny this thread is 1.5 years old and everyone is like yeah those crew still suck. Lol.

Ha! I didn’t even notice that.  Funny how one reply can bring a thread back to the forefront.

Signature 

AB

Posted: 14 September 2017 04:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2016-08-12

The biggest trouble is trying to get hold of more than one copy of the same crew member, it’s all very well leveling up a 3* or 4* member, but it you need 3 or 4 copies in order to FF them it’s a waste of time, and clogs up crew slots.
Recently I’ve been opening free 10 slot basics, which normally give 1* or 2* crew, then concentrate on quickly doing leveling up the 1*‘s any hope to get a second copy of 2*. I’m trying to freeze enough to get the next level achievement for Dilithium Crystals on order to purchase an extra shuttle.

Posted: 14 September 2017 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  530
Joined  2016-04-16

As was mentioned by another poster, if you have a surplus of items just sitting around, any character can be easy to level.  I had enough Odo related stuff around that I immortalized Zhian’tara Odo in under an hour, so difficulty of leveling any specific character is somewhat relative to the individual player’s excess item status.

Signature 

= EXODUS =

Posted: 14 September 2017 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  309
Joined  2017-02-16
Shran the Destroyer - 21 September 2016 12:30 PM
Hassinator - 21 September 2016 12:29 PM

What makes one crew easy to level up… time spent in the game.

As you play, you acquire more items and eventually they’re used on crew….. just sitting around.

I leveled up CMO Crusher in about 20 mins last night from 1-100 and spent about 120 chronitons, because I had so much just in my inventory.

So, my advice is to pick a crew you like/want/need and just focus only on that crew. Then repeat with the next one.

I agree with this. I usually pick 2-3 I will focus on.

After finishing them, once I pick another 2-3, I tend to have quite a bit of items already for those crew sitting around, which helps.

This is the key for me. It wasn’t until about 8 months into the game that I saw someone post about this (that was last October). I used to always equip any items that were equippable or buildable until then. Now I regularly have 50 or more on the icon for the crew quarters. I will regularly pick a 5* crew to work on and two 4* crew to have as backup if I get stuck waiting for items for the 5*.

Posted: 14 September 2017 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1257
Joined  2017-01-08

Adding my 2 slivers of latinum to this ages-old thread…

I needed to “cleanse my palate”, as it were, after spending an inordinate amount of chronitons and rations (via an equally inordinate amount of Honor) to level up the past dozen or so crew members, so I decided to keep some of the cadets who dropped in standard pulls—but only those who 1) I didn’t already have, and 2) I generally liked.

And I must say that so far it’s very much been the panacea for what was ailing me. Ensign Tuvok, the most recent of these cadets, was particularly plain sailing (and thus, utterly delightful) to level. So, I heartily recommend this to anyone similarly feeling burnt out on immortalizing various and sundry of the far more difficult crew members.

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3