NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

1 2 > 
Poll
Which of the following characters would you most like to see in Timelines?
Morgan Bateson 13
Erika Benteen 7
John Harriman 11
Erika Hernandez 7
Gorn Captain 33
Ocett 6
Rudolph Ransom 13
Clark Terrell 8
Total Votes: 98
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Poll: New Characters VIII – Commanding a Starship is Your First, Best Destiny
Posted: 18 August 2016 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  747
Joined  2016-07-18

This is the latest character poll based on the wishlist thread (https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/47645/P150/). I know with crew slot limitations we don’t exactly need a bunch of new crew, but they keep rolling them out anyway, so it doesn’t hurt to let our favourites be known. Thanks to Memory Alpha as a resource for both photos and information.

Today’s theme is starship captains.

Morgan Bateson (TNG). Captain Bateson was the commander of the USS Bozeman. The Bozeman encountered a temporal distortion and was transported forward in time, where it collided with the USS Enterprise-D. Both vessels were subsequently trapped in a temporal causality loop until the Enterprise managed to disrupt it. Likely skills: Command, Diplomacy

Erika Benteen (DS9). A former adjutant to Admiral Leyton, Captain Benteen was assigned to command the Lakota. She ultimately defied Leyton’s orders and helped the Defiant crew prevent his attempted military coup. Likely skills: Command, Security

John Harriman (ST: GEN). Harriman was the captain of the USS Enterprise-B. He was in command during the ship’s shakedown cruise, when James T. Kirk was lost (and presumed killed) in the Nexus. Likely skills: Command, Science

Erika Hernandez (ENT). Captain Hernandez was the commander of Earth’s second Warp 5 starship, the Columbia. She also had a romantic relationship with Jonathan Archer. Likely skills: Command, Engineering

Gorn Captain (TOS). The Gorn Captain was responsible for an attack on the Federation outpost on Cestus III. Under his command, the outpost was destroyed, and the Enterprise lured into a trap. An intervention by the advanced Metrons led to one-on-one combat between the Gorn and James T. Kirk. Likely skills: Command, Security

Ocett (TNG). Gul Ocett was the captain of a Galor-class warship, who in competition with the Enterprise, and both Klingons and Romulans attempted to solve a four-billion year-old genetic puzzle. She was disappointed when the puzzle failed to be an unlimited power source. Likely skills: Command, Science

Rudolph Ransom (VOY). Captain Ransom was an exobiologist who was placed in command of the USS Equinox after he successfully made first contact with the Yridians. The Equinox was stranded in the Delta Quadrant by the Caretaker. Likely skills: Science, Command.

Clark Terrell (ST II). Captain Terrell was the commander of the USS Reliant. He was captured by Khan Noonien Singh, who used a mind-controlling Ceti eel to influence his actions. However, when ordered to murder James T. Kirk while under control, Terrell refused and turned the phaser on himself instead. Likely skills: Command, Science

- Latest winner (https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/54537/): Admiral William Ross narrowly came out of a three-way battle Admiral Alynna Nechayev and General Chang. Chang fans can take consolation in the fact that he’s now in the game.

- Previous winners: Borg Queen, Guinan, Edward Jellico, Sarek, Enabran Tain

- If you haven’t already, please consider voting in our last poll, which is still open (https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/54727/). The wonderful Harry Mudd has the tiniest of leads over “everyone’s favorite sociopath serial killer”, Lon Suder.

Image Attachments
Votex.jpg

Posted: 18 August 2016 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  186
Joined  2016-04-27

Gorn is the only answer.

Signature 

[QH] Quark’s Holosuite

Posted: 18 August 2016 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  2016-07-14

needs more Rachel Garrett

Signature 

This week Frank and Roonis talk about extra long shuttles,  the concept of F2P pain to convert to spending customers, discuss how Odo is not a Dax, and discuss the worst Starfleet Department to work in, HR.

Brand New Twitter Page!!!! https://twitter.com/FrankAndRoonis

Posted: 18 August 2016 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  816
Joined  2015-10-25

Ooh, this was a hard one. I’d like to see Harriman, Hernandez, Ransom, AND Terrell.

I picked Ransom because he was so F’d up, and showed us what could have happened to Voyager if Janeway had not stuck to Starfleet principles.

The Gorn would be cool, but he didn’t even have a name, so I don’t know how likely his inclusion in the game would be. Though there was a Gorn on Enterprise who did have a name.

Posted: 18 August 2016 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-07-18
Roonis - 18 August 2016 01:24 PM

I couldn’t believe how badly Garrett did in the second poll I ran (https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/53977/). I thought for sure she’d be in the top-three.

Posted: 18 August 2016 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2016-01-18

Gul Ocett: more women, more Cardassians

Signature 

Long Life and Prosperity

Posted: 18 August 2016 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-07-18
Captain Durf - 18 August 2016 01:26 PM

Ooh, this was a hard one. I’d like to see Harriman, Hernandez, Ransom, AND Terrell.

I picked Ransom because he was so F’d up, and showed us what could have happened to Voyager if Janeway had not stuck to Starfleet principles.

The Gorn would be cool, but he didn’t even have a name, so I don’t know how likely his inclusion in the game would be. Though there was a Gorn on Enterprise who did have a name.

I’m glad to see Ransom get some love. I almost voted for him, but I had to go with Terrell, who I’ve always thought was excellent.

I’d wondered a little about how they’d hypothetically name the Gorn. Maybe something like Cestus III Gorn or Single Combat Gorn.

Posted: 18 August 2016 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2016-08-01

Gorn!

Because I like the gorn.

And I like the forum member Gorn as well, and I’m looking forward to his response in this thread.

Signature 

It’s a penny for your thoughts, but you have to put your 2 cents in. Somebody’s making a penny.

Posted: 18 August 2016 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1087
Joined  2016-04-13

As a Voyager fan, that asswipe Ransom would go right out the airlock.

Signature 

My crew spreadsheet
226 Level 100 FE
192 Immortal

Posted: 18 August 2016 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2016-02-04

Seeing as Frasier is one on my all-time favorite shows, I think it goes without saying who I voted for…

I did also really like Benteen, Harriman, and Hernandez though. I would’ve been more likely to vote for an Enterprise version of Gorn- the TOS is just so… campy.

Also, I really think you should re-do the previous poll, as Chang was just added and I am 100% certain that Ross won because his actor died on literally the day you posted that one. Just saying.

Signature 

Disruptor Beam at court, the court of silence.

VIP 12

Admiral of the 7th Tactical Wing

Member of the VIP 0 Heroes as Darmok Mk 0.5

Posted: 18 August 2016 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  701
Joined  2016-06-18

I voted for Erika Hernandez. Obvious reasons.

Signature 

- G O R N
D I L I T H I U M   C A U S E S   C A N C E R

Posted: 18 August 2016 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  2016-07-14
[FF] Vice Admiral Nairne - 18 August 2016 01:28 PM
Roonis - 18 August 2016 01:24 PM

I couldn’t believe how badly Garrett did in the second poll I ran (https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/53977/). I thought for sure she’d be in the top-three.

Voted for Terrell this time btw, limited screen time and under the control of the scariest movie villain henchmen of all time (come on don’t you flash to that scene every time you feeling something like a crawl near your ear), he stayed true to his principals through extreme pain and killed himself rather then do Khan’s bidding.

I feel like Kirk Spock and McCoy would have that same kind of showing against Borg Queen.  That’s such a front runner it destroys the sample lol.

Signature 

This week Frank and Roonis talk about extra long shuttles,  the concept of F2P pain to convert to spending customers, discuss how Odo is not a Dax, and discuss the worst Starfleet Department to work in, HR.

Brand New Twitter Page!!!! https://twitter.com/FrankAndRoonis

Posted: 18 August 2016 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  109
Joined  2016-06-08

Actress who played Erika Benteen also played Leah Brahams.

Posted: 18 August 2016 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2016-07-21

Ransom was a great villain, definitely gets my vote here.

Posted: 18 August 2016 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1456
Joined  2016-03-30

Man is this a tough one - had to vote for Harriman though because he was the first captain of the Enterprise to kill James T. Kirk AND cmon can’t we get an Excelsior and Enterprise B??

Posted: 18 August 2016 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1103
Joined  2014-04-09
{ACE} Admiral William T. Riker-FCPT- - 18 August 2016 01:56 PM

Actress who played Erika Benteen also played Leah Brahams.

Look out Jefferey Combs fan club!

Signature 

Peace, Love and Fuzy Wuzy Tribbles.

1 2 > 
1 of 2