NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

1 2 > 
What happens if I level a character WHILE they’re on a shuttle mission?
Posted: 28 July 2016 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  376
Joined  2016-07-06

Are their stats the the time of departure used in the final percentage or does it take the new stats into account at the end?

Posted: 28 July 2016 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  651
Joined  2015-09-15
Lincthra - 28 July 2016 02:24 PM

Are their stats the the time of departure used in the final percentage or does it take the new stats into account at the end?

No, he will have the same stats before you started the mission/leveling when you start a new mission after that, he will have the new stats

Signature 

100% P2W

Completely F2P since 29 Juli

Posted: 28 July 2016 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  361
Joined  2016-02-26

I’ve always wondered about this myself. i wonder if the skillcheck was predetermined at the time the shuttle launched, or when you hit “complete”

Signature 

/SSR/ Barclay
Second Star to the Right - Leader
Fleet for Serious Trekkers (We Are Recruiting!) - https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/54357/

Vigilantly seeking #justiceforDST

Posted: 28 July 2016 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3155
Joined  2016-01-30

This is why I wish we still had a weekly stream or some sort of “ask me anything” that other companies do.

Posted: 28 July 2016 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  890
Joined  2016-04-01
South of Sulu - 28 July 2016 03:56 PM

This is why I wish we still had a weekly stream or some sort of “ask me anything” that other companies do.

I think this question was raised in one of the “what questions would you like to see answered” threads before a stream a while back, but wasn’t answered.

Posted: 28 July 2016 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1019
Joined  2016-05-01

I have raised this question a couple of months ago in a question thread for the stream, but it hasn’t been adressed during the stream or later in the thread. Yet, we don’t have an answer for this question.

Posted: 28 July 2016 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  614
Joined  2016-07-10

I believe all that counts is the stats in place when the percentage to succeed is calculated (ie before)

Posted: 28 July 2016 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-01

I have submitted a ticket with this question:

https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewreply/246297/

Posted: 28 July 2016 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  890
Joined  2016-04-01
Jim Raynor - 28 July 2016 08:38 PM

There it is.

Posted: 28 July 2016 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-01
Fletcher Christian, a.k.a. twency - 28 July 2016 08:41 PM
Jim Raynor - 28 July 2016 08:38 PM

There it is.

As soon as I get an answer, I will submit another ticket to ask if it’s ok to publish the answer of my first ticket. As soon as I have the “ok” from the second ticket to publish the answer to the first ticket, I will post the answer here. I hope this helps out to solve this question for the whole community within the ToS. I just realized that it’s not allow to publish the answer right away, so I forgot to ask it with my question.

Posted: 29 July 2016 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-01

We have an answer which I am allowed to publish. This is what the support answered to my question:

When you start the mission, the stats of the crew will apply right away and the RNG will start calculating the result, it will not be altered when you level up the crew *during *the away mission. The “complete” button is only there to get your crew back and find out the results, but it does not have any bearing at all as the result has already been calculated.

We run weekly tests in the millions of rolls to make sure the RNG is working correctly.

Each roll occurs independently of the result of the last one, so prior rolls have absolutely no bearing on the result.

Rolling 100 twice in a row is just as likely as rolling a 20 twice in a row and while it is not likely, it will happen periodically.

So it has no effect to level your crew while they are on a shuttle mission, since the success gets calculated at the moment you start the mission based on the skills your crew have at this specific moment.

Posted: 29 July 2016 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  411
Joined  2016-04-29

It’s nice to finally have an official answer to this long-standing question grin

But… what does ‘rolling 100’ and ‘rolling 20’ mean? I stared at that sentence for a whole 3 minutes and I still don’t get it LOL
Help me out, someone?

Signature 

VIP 0 For Life!
To DB: Today is a good day to Do Better.

Posted: 29 July 2016 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  251
Joined  2015-03-04

I’ve been told by CS (which you can and can’t believe sometimes) that if a server on my end or theirs is lagging when I rush a mission with dilithium, that it could automatically cause a fail.  This tells me that the outcome of a mission is gauged at the end of the missions not the beginning.  But even more interestingly, why can you level up a crew mate while they’re on a mission but you can not fuse them??  Weird.

Posted: 29 July 2016 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-01
Lock-N-Load - 29 July 2016 10:33 PM

It’s nice to finally have an official answer to this long-standing question grin

But… what does ‘rolling 100’ and ‘rolling 20’ mean? I stared at that sentence for a whole 3 minutes and I still don’t get it LOL
Help me out, someone?

I’m not sure as well but I assume that it’s a reference to the Gamblers Fallacy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler’s_fallacy

Thanatos - 29 July 2016 10:33 PM

I’ve been told by CS (which you can and can’t believe sometimes) that if a server on my end or theirs is lagging when I rush a mission with dilithium, that it could automatically cause a fail.  This tells me that the outcome of a mission is gauged at the end of the missions not the beginning.  But even more interestingly, why can you level up a crew mate while they’re on a mission but you can not fuse them??  Weird.

Do you want to write a ticket about this? smile I can only thing about the possibilty that informations/packaged get lost this way.

Posted: 29 July 2016 10:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  251
Joined  2015-03-04
Jim Raynor - 29 July 2016 10:38 PM
Thanatos - 29 July 2016 10:33 PM

Do you want to write a ticket about this? smile I can only thing about the possibilty that informations/packaged get lost this way.

Tell you what, I’ll post the conversation and block all names for all to see later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Posted: 29 July 2016 11:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2016-04-24
Lock-N-Load - 29 July 2016 10:33 PM

[...]
Help me out, someone?

It means the probabilities are uniformly distributed and independent.

Just as with regular dice it is as likely to throw a 1 as it is a 2,3,4,5 or 6. And since the rolls are independent (do not influence each other), it is as likely to throw 5x a 1 as it is 5x a 6 (or exactly 1,2,3,4,5).

This is standard behavior for an RNG, in fact, it’s the easiest one to implement.

1 2 > 
1 of 2