NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

Medical Scanner bug?
Posted: 19 June 2016 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  924
Joined  2016-02-27

I tried searching the forum and didn’t come up with any results but sorry if this has been discussed already.

One of the builds in the current event needs a medical scanner, I have 25 of then but they don’t show up on the build. I couldn’t see any other items that look similar but am I missing something obvious?

Posted: 19 June 2016 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-02-27

Tried playing the ship battle that the item drops from, A logical response Ep 1. One Medical Scanner dropped, looked in my item inventory and it has this?

Posted: 19 June 2016 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2016-05-23

Apparently someone’s making knockoff medical scanners.

Image Attachments
Screenshot_2016-06-19-19-31-46.pngScreenshot_2016-06-19-19-30-23.png

Posted: 19 June 2016 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-02-27
ape - 19 June 2016 08:01 PM

Apparently someone’s making knockoff medical scanners.

Heh, I’m going to try and trade my 25 knock off scanners for a science experiment at Crazy Moxie’s.

Posted: 19 June 2016 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  144
Joined  2016-03-15

Ran into same issue. Was playing “a popular item” ship battle so I can get other items that can be used and found this weirdness.

Signature 

F2P VIP 0

Posted: 27 July 2016 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-03-15

So this issue resurfaced in recent event and I once again opened a ticket with support. This was the response.. SIGH

Thanks for contacting Disruptor Beam.

First off, let me apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We are dealing with a lot of tickets at this time to support everyone.

So sorry that you encountered trouble in the game.

Many items share the same name and image however the border color and star rating distinguishes the different rarity.

There are two clones of Medical Scanner. They have the same image and name. The only distinguishing detail is that one comes from A Logical Response and the other A Popular Item.

I have shared the link for more information: http://startrektimelineswiki.com/wiki/Medical_Scanner

I replied to the ticket to indicate that just because it’s in the Wiki, doesn’t mean it’s not a bug. I also asked the support person to have a closer look at the screenshots I provided and acknowledge that these clones are the same in rarity. Sigh. Hope this gets resolved soon, or for starters, gets recognized as an issue.

Signature 

F2P VIP 0

Posted: 27 July 2016 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-02-27
MarkoStavric - 27 July 2016 12:28 PM

So this issue resurfaced in recent event and I once again opened a ticket with support. This was the response.. SIGH

Thanks for contacting Disruptor Beam.

First off, let me apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We are dealing with a lot of tickets at this time to support everyone.

So sorry that you encountered trouble in the game.

Many items share the same name and image however the border color and star rating distinguishes the different rarity.

There are two clones of Medical Scanner. They have the same image and name. The only distinguishing detail is that one comes from A Logical Response and the other A Popular Item.

I have shared the link for more information: http://startrektimelineswiki.com/wiki/Medical_Scanner

I replied to the ticket to indicate that just because it’s in the Wiki, doesn’t mean it’s not a bug. I also asked the support person to have a closer look at the screenshots I provided and acknowledge that these clones are the same in rarity. Sigh. Hope this gets resolved soon, or for starters, gets recognized as an issue.

It does seem weird that a game that has building items as such a big part of the gameplay would do this more than once.
I wonder what the explanation is? Not important enough at the moment? Some techy reason that would be hellish to fix? Someone at DB is bad at drawing medical scanners and phasers?

It would kinda make me laugh if support replied that someone is making knock off scanners but they are going to catch them soon©

Posted: 27 July 2016 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-03-15

I added to the wiki article so that it’s clear this is a bug

Signature 

F2P VIP 0