NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

1 2 > 
05/27 Disruptor Stream Highlights [Sorry it is late]
Posted: 29 May 2016 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1188
Joined  2016-02-25

Meh. Not exactly what we were promised. This is why communication on the forums is more meaningful than the stream. I appreciate the previews for coming events and game features, but it simply doesn’t discuss much of the bigger issues. This week’s stream did give us a pretty good overview of the new event type they will be having. It seems to be a strange hybrid of the “Tales” and “AvA preparation” from GOTA, which makes use of the “Luck Crafting” system as well.

Link to watch

Hosts:
- Rich Gallup (Executive Producer) and David Heron (Jon Snow - Product Lead)

New Crafting Type Event: Contingency Plan
- 2 phases
- Phase 1 is crafting phase
- - - All items will be unique to the events, and new to the game
- - - Successfully crafting the item grants victory points for the event
- - - New items will make use of extra items lying in storage (hundreds of Kazon Furs anyone?)
- - - New way to use crew outside of shuttles, cadet challenges, and away missions
- - - Certain crew give bonuses to success on different items
- - - Crafting will cost credits
- - - - - - WHY?!?!!?! We have enough to spend them on!!
- - - Science experiments will be needed for at least one item
- - - - - - WHY?!!?!?!! It’s one of the hardest to obtain and highly needed items in the game already
- - - Will feature Threshold rewards, leaderboard rewards, and “community rewards”
- - - - - - Leaderboard and threshold work as before, while community is a reward for everyone who participates
- - - - - - Community reward will be earned once the community earns enough VP
- - - - - - Community reward will be a new character
- Phase 2 will be a story creation and voting phase, but with more crafting
- - - Faction with the most votes and items will be the “Winning” faction
- - - Outcome will shape some story aspects for the future of the game.
- - - At the end of phase two, everyone will get to vote for a character from the winning faction to be added to the game

Screenshots:

Next Shuttle Event: Data & Chekov - Thursday, June 2nd
- Shuttle boosts will work in the event
- Devs trying to finish and push out balances to boosts before event

Crew News:
- Yet another Data being added - 5* Frank Hollander Data
- New Worf was hinted at - 4* “Finger-Gun” Worf
- New Chekov was shown - 4* (?) Billy Claymore Chekov

Other:
- Will there be a way to sell items in the future?
- - - They are hoping to implement a way to use them instead of selling them
- Are there plans to help with credit shortages?
- - - Credit shortage is an issue “on the list” to be evaluated
- Are there plans for Thursday and weekend challenges
- - - Thursdays will have one for female characters
- - - - - - Faction consumables will be the reward (?)
- - - Weekends are hoped for, but changes to UI and coding need to be made first
- Will there be changes to Crew Management?
- - - Not really answered (I think they misunderstood the question.)
- Will there be changes to VIP?
- - - VIP benefit additions “a very slow process.” (Essentially, they don’t know.)

Signature 

It’s what I do.
I drink… and I know things.

Posted: 29 May 2016 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1180
Joined  2015-05-03

I think finger gun Worf was just something he thought would be cool - mentioned also annie oakley Troi and Alexander.  Maybe for repeats of the event.

I did not see that it costs credits to craft, and I have to say @#!%$&  BS.  lol.  that is all.

oh also it might be incense not science experiment.  I remember them commenting on stuff that looks alike still.

Posted: 29 May 2016 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  618
Joined  2016-05-24

Thanks for doing this. Love the colours (again). smile

I just made threads about the event and cadet missions. Didn’t feel confident enough for this kind of thread, so thanks again!

Signature 

The user formerly known as “RebKean”
Dr. Giggles
European Enterprise

Posted: 29 May 2016 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-02-25
V. - 29 May 2016 02:00 PM

I think finger gun Worf was just something he thought would be cool - mentioned also annie oakley Troi and Alexander.  Maybe for repeats of the event.

I did not see that it costs credits to craft, and I have to say @#!%$&  BS.  lol.  that is all.

oh also it might be incense not science experiment.  I remember them commenting on stuff that looks alike still.

No, they said it was science experiments for that item.
Now, they could very well be mistaken because of the similarities between sci experiments and incense, but I doubt it. They said that the 1000 VP items would be hard to craft, so apparently they have decided to acknowledge the rarity of experiments instead of fix the problem. /facepalm

Signature 

It’s what I do.

Posted: 29 May 2016 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1180
Joined  2015-05-03
cynicaldriver - 29 May 2016 02:03 PM

Now, they could very well be mistaken because of the similarities between sci experiments and incense, but I doubt it. They said that the 1000 VP items would be hard to craft, so apparently they have decided to acknowledge the rarity of experiments instead of fix the problem. /facepalm

that sucks.  i thought i had myself all set with this item then EMH just burned 32 of them.  another dream to get conversions from dil to credits I guess :(

Posted: 29 May 2016 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-02-25
Dr. Giggles - 29 May 2016 02:02 PM

I just made threads about the event and cadet missions. Didn’t feel confident enough for this kind of thread, so thanks again!

You’re welcome. I do it for everyone. smile

As far as the colors: Is this scheme better than the old one? I wanted to try out a new mix, so that it pops from the page a little more and allows me to highlight some things differently. If people prefer the old way, I will go back to it.

Signature 

It’s what I do.

Posted: 29 May 2016 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-24
cynicaldriver - 29 May 2016 02:05 PM
Dr. Giggles - 29 May 2016 02:02 PM

You’re welcome. I do it for everyone. smile

As far as the colors: Is this scheme better than the old one? I wanted to try out a new mix, so that it pops from the page a little more and allows me to highlight some things differently. If people prefer the old way, I will go back to it.

I would have to look it up, can’t remember lol.
But generally, I personally Think less is more. But to have different colours for different kinds of comments is good. The green is strong, but I like it. It’s so much easier to read a lot of text when it gets separated like this. *going to look for older thread*

Signature 

Dr. Giggles
European Enterprise

Posted: 29 May 2016 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-24

OK, I compared this thread with this: https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/51501/
and I like this new one better. But that might be just me. smile

Signature 

Dr. Giggles
European Enterprise

Posted: 29 May 2016 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  924
Joined  2016-02-27

Is that Quantum Chronometers and Subcutaneous Transponders in the build picture with the science experiments?

Posted: 29 May 2016 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2015-05-03

I’m really hoping that was an incense jar and not a science experiment since they use the same icon image. They said science experiment but they were looking at a screenshot, not an active demo. Alex/Nod would know for sure. If it’s science experiments, used for “luck crafting,” we can just forget about reaching that community reward.

Signature 

Fleet: Quark’s Holosuites
Always looking for sociable Trekkies to join our Trek loving fleet

“Tarses in the streets, Tarses in the sheets”

Posted: 29 May 2016 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1951
Joined  2013-05-19

Thanks CD , missed the stream, had company but watched it yesterday morning, sounds like some ok stuff coming. BUT after renewing my monthly this morning this will most likely be my last month playing, why = i stated i was at 68/70 crew slots left and i would not airlock any more crew on the chance they may be needed later, but after watching the stream and the new female cadet challenge coming and the event i yet again felt i HAD to just to be able to play the new stuff that keeps coming, i have stated before i do not mind supporting the game but having to buy more slots through VIP i am not going to do, having to buy more slots with dili i am not going to do because that would leave me with no dili for events or a good pack unless i drop MORE money. once they fix crew slots in a good way no prob if not will most likely be my last month. i honestly see no reason to after wards with no changes if i can’t play new content or events with having to go bankrupt for slots.

Posted: 29 May 2016 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  816
Joined  2015-10-25
JZ Bubbles - 29 May 2016 02:28 PM

I’m really hoping that was an incense jar and not a science experiment since they use the same icon image. They said science experiment but they were looking at a screenshot, not an active demo. Alex/Nod would know for sure. If it’s science experiments, used for “luck crafting,” we can just forget about reaching that community reward.

I’d guess it’s science experiments because the reward is an Airponics, which is made from science experiments. Plus the theme is vaccines and plagues.

Posted: 29 May 2016 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  816
Joined  2015-10-25

I didn’t get the impression they were adding a Worf character, though that would be awesome. That episode is really a Worf episode, so they should have added a cowboy Worf instead of Data.

And cowboy Chekov is so meh I can’t even.

Posted: 29 May 2016 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1396
Joined  2016-03-31

I like the new color scheme.

Posted: 29 May 2016 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1456
Joined  2016-03-30

Thanks for the recap - but no mention of the, ahem, unfortunate microphone placement?

Posted: 29 May 2016 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2016-03-03
cynicaldriver - 29 May 2016 02:03 PM

Is too bad there can’t be a “bug” in the next update that switches the RNG of Science experiments in Not a drop to drink with, oh I don’t know, Communicators. I have about a thousand of these and only Uhura and Hoshi use these.

Anyway, thanks for the recap Cynical. These events looking interesting, but so far nothing compels me to buy another dil card.

Was there a mention of when PvP would start? I hate to put on my tinfoil hat, but I get the feeling this new event might hold back it’s release.

1 2 > 
1 of 2