NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

< 1 2 3
What would you do if you lived in the ST universe?
Posted: 17 April 2017 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  412
Joined  2017-02-13

Starbase non-commissioned doctor.  It’d be like being a VA doc now, but without the financial pressure.  And no way you’re getting me out on an exploring ship to get killed by some random new species or freak unknowable dead zone.

Incidentally, haven’t seen any votes for security officer yet.  Guess people have too many memories of TOS I suppose.  smile

Posted: 17 April 2017 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  350
Joined  2016-08-30

End up in and out of rehab for holo-addiction, I’m sure. My space wife would get tired of my ****. I could not stay out of that thing most the time. I know I’d write a holo-novel.

I’d probably spend the rest of the time in a little ship exploring, fund my space yacht upgrades by hauling cultural items back to… Quark? Whoever would buy or trade me more space souvenirs from different cultures? Picard’s archaeology club buddies? I dunno how to make money in the Federation,  I’m sure they can’t give everybody a little space yacht, and I’m too big of a fan of the way they killed capitalism to live anywhere else.

Little house on a beach on Earth to establish residence and give my space son a stable childhood.

Sociology and anthropology are always interesting. I love history. I travel everywhere. I used to write a lot, occasionally still do. Typing stuff is cathartic. I want one son. I’m ready to settle down with someone finally. Hopefully a certain somebody who I almost did, and just started talking to again. Way too soon, but she’s been in my head for years. Everyone else ever was always about my needs or just having someone, she was about being with her.

So whatever gets me that, but in space.  I’d have enlisted to fight a quadrant-wide war with the Dominion as well. Always wanted to serve, and they’d have fixed my chronic pain stuff and I’m sure I’d have never lost my spleen, which kept me from joining before I got all my problems.

Merchant, in a word. Part-time holonovel writer. Veteran, enlisted.

This topic is a pause for a nice thought and a unique way to get to know more about people, good idea making it for the community.
smile

Signature 

—-
Blood from a stone DB, never again.
Need a good fleet with good people? Click here to check out mine!

Posted: 10 September 2017 02:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2017-09-10

I’d probably go for Starfleet or the Diplomatic Corps. In real life, I’m a Network Admin so I could be in Engineering or Science. I like that it’s post-scarcity so you could just not do anything and it’s fine but I know I’d still work, just for the laughs instead of survival. But Diplomatic Corps would offer you a chance to come in after the Captains make contact and work with a new civilization out there in the galaxy in order to learn more about each other. That would be pretty cool.

< 1 2 3
3 of 3

‹‹ Dragon*Con!!!      [Niners] fleet thread ››