NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

1 2 3 > 
Kirk vs Picard
Posted: 24 October 2014 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  703
Joined  2014-04-09

Who would win ........in a battle of wits .........or the ultimate battle of will power?

A physical battle between the two could be devastating for one or both, ............but with the technology available to each of them in their respective eras what would be the outcome if they became adversaries in the same timeline or in an alternate reality?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQOiOdxzByQ

In the ultimate game of strategema Kirk would be a man of action, but would Picard pause too long to contemplate the next move?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpDhIr7i5Go

Although the galaxy doesn’t seem to be big enough for them both…..... They are the best of both worlds and the best from both timelines. They were both good in their own way and in their own time.

In this game of Timelines we should be able to use the skills of both…..and on the same team.

Image Attachments
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
 Signature 

Cap Denslog ....out

“Beam me up to the UNIMATRIX B4 - ZERO fleet”

Posted: 24 October 2014 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  576
Joined  2014-04-08

Technically if you go by the Shatner Trek books Kirk and Picard were on the same side which relationship between the two of them was pretty awesome considering the difference of their personalities. However who would win I am not sure on an answer yet. I will have to think hard on that. There are nine Shatner Trek books that go together but technically starting with book #2 The Return is where Kirk and Picard meet thanks to the Borg and Romulans join forces using Kirk as a weapon against the Federation after events of the Star Trek: Generations movie.

Signature 

“Live long and prosper.”-Spock

Posted: 24 October 2014 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1103
Joined  2014-04-09

In a battle of wits, Kirk would charge headlong into combat, and Picard would give ground, letting Kirk punch himself out, make a misstep and then Picard would subdue him.  Kirk was too headstrong and impulsive to go up a cunning strategist like Picard.

Signature 

Peace, Love and Fuzy Wuzy Tribbles.

Posted: 25 October 2014 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1927
Joined  2014-04-18

My answer is a combination of “yes” and “12”. grin

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 13 December 2014 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2014-11-28

If you put them on a level playing field, kirk would probably win. While picard was definately a better player of human chess, kirk was more of a man of action. Kirk would basically turn it into a bar room brawl leaving little time for strategy.

Posted: 07 April 2015 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  155
Joined  2015-04-06

I think James Tiberios Kirky. Jean Luc Picardin the battle? No. He is moreover my teddy bear.

Signature 

I am always beaming down!

Posted: 15 April 2015 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2015-03-12

this has been discussed for ages, argued about, lives have been lost… before we bring the forum server down, /lockthread.

Signature 

“These are the voyages…”

Posted: 15 April 2015 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2015-03-12

this has been discussed for ages, argued about, lives have been lost… before we bring the forum server down:
/lockthread

Signature 

“These are the voyages…”

Posted: 19 April 2015 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-04-08

Just to make it easier I will just put Kirk and Picard together in ST Timelines and will work with Spock. I read William Shatner’s books which Kirk’s relation with Picard is quite awesome in the 24th Century. Enough said! That’s how I will solve the Kirk vs Picard debate myself.

Signature 

Posted: 20 April 2015 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2014-11-27

Sisko would kick both their butts. tongue wink

Signature 

“Oh, I’m sure it isn’t appropriate at all. But then I hate to be appropriate.” - Jadzia Dax

Posted: 21 April 2015 01:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-04-09

Cap Denslog
Supplementally Bored from the Debate, …..but not from the Battle Strategema

The debate rages on and Kirk will not stand down. He continues to resurface, and now there is an opportunity to reclaim the glory days when he was the numero uno….......

Will he be able to work side by side with Picard when Timelines is released after the seemingly pent up hostility over Picard’s rise to power?  cool smile

The Wrath of Kirk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQEK-WsAAck

Hopefully the real Numero Uno can end the debate before Picard gets trapped in Kirk’s nexus. Kirk vs Riker could be the conclusive battle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjkfyOeD-Fk

Image Attachments
 Signature 

Cap Denslog ....out

Posted: 21 April 2015 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  155
Joined  2015-04-06
Cap Denslog - 21 April 2015 01:14 AM

Cap Denslog
Supplementally Bored from the Debate, …..but not from the Battle Strategema

The debate rages on and Kirk will not stand down. He continues to resurface, and now there is an opportunity to reclaim the glory days when he was the numero uno….......

Will he be able to work side by side with Picard when Timelines is released after the seemingly pent up hostility over Picard’s rise to power?  cool smile

The Wrath of Kirk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQEK-WsAAck

Hopefully the real Numero Uno can end the debate before Picard gets trapped in Kirk’s nexus. Kirk vs Riker could be the conclusive battle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjkfyOeD-Fk

Sweet pic on the right site.

Signature 

I am always beaming down!

Posted: 25 April 2015 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-04-08
TheDornishDragon - 20 April 2015 05:44 AM

Sisko would break up the mood.

My top reason is…

Signature 

Posted: 27 April 2015 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-04-09
TheDornishDragon - 20 April 2015 05:44 AM

Cap Denslog .......... Sisko-zilian Supplemental

Sisco’s unconsionable ‘Corbomite’ maneuver in the following video clip demonstrates that Sisco would do whatever is necessary to get the job done. I’m not sure if a bluff by Kirk or a battle with the ‘Sisco’ would be winnable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGcAbI-4_io

Image Attachments
 Signature 

Cap Denslog ....out

Posted: 13 October 2015 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2015-08-18

While Picard is a man of strategy, Kirk is a man of action. In a hand fight Kirk will probably win but Picard will win if you add strategy to the fight.
In the case of Kirk vs Sisko I think Kirk will win the fight.

Posted: 24 March 2016 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2016-03-24

To me this question is about as logical as Superman Vs. Batman.. Picard of course, playing the role of Superman.. Figure it out.

Signature 

To Boldly Go

1 2 3 > 
1 of 3