NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

‹ First  < 20 21 22 23 24 > 
Star Trek Timelines Wiki
Posted: 01 October 2016 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 316 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2016-05-18
WaldoMag - 01 October 2016 11:46 AM

There is at least one other where I switched the order to victory screen order. The point of the order is to make it easier to enter data. And I believe this means the. Victory screen order takes preference over the travel order.

Please keep the rewards in travel order. The travel order is fixed, so it’s a reference everyone can use. The victory order is arbitrary/non-deterministic if there are several items with the same short name. See here for an example that it’s REALLY unpredictable, even if THE SAME items are envolved: http://startrektimelineswiki.com/wiki/User_talk:Crunch#Travel_vs_success_drop_order
As written there, column #3 contradicts all possible theories. It MIGHT be that in these cases the actual order in which the items were gathered matters, and it MIGHT be that this “order” is always the same/not relevant when traveling at Warp (or at a Warp level that really returns every type of item at least once) - but even if that were the case, it wouldn’t help single-run or Warp 1 users, their order will still randomly change, and they’ll still have to check after each result whether they’re logging the correct item.

That’s why the travel order should be used. It never changes, which is especially helpful as several Item pages would have to be edited each time, now that the drop tests are included there as well.

Posted: 01 October 2016 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 317 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  854
Joined  2016-09-15
Crunch - 01 October 2016 01:53 PM
WaldoMag - 01 October 2016 11:46 AM

There is at least one other where I switched the order to victory screen order. The point of the order is to make it easier to enter data. And I believe this means the. Victory screen order takes preference over the travel order.

Please keep the rewards in travel order. The travel order is fixed, so it’s a reference everyone can use. The victory order is arbitrary/non-deterministic if there are several items with the same short name. See here for an example that it’s REALLY unpredictable, even if THE SAME items are envolved: http://startrektimelineswiki.com/wiki/User_talk:Crunch#Travel_vs_success_drop_order
As written there, column #3 contradicts all possible theories. It MIGHT be that in these cases the actual order in which the items were gathered matters, and it MIGHT be that this “order” is always the same/not relevant when traveling at Warp (or at a Warp level that really returns every type of item at least once) - but even if that were the case, it wouldn’t help single-run or Warp 1 users, their order will still randomly change, and they’ll still have to check after each result whether they’re logging the correct item.

That’s why the travel order should be used. It never changes, which is especially helpful as several Item pages would have to be edited each time, now that the drop tests are included there as well.

I have never had a victory order that had a different order. I may not get all the items and that may look like they are not fixed.

However, this is not a Wiki problem but a DB problem. They need to make the order match. I have had only two missions where travel order did not match reward ordrer. (Though I have not completed all missions and some say locked??)

Posted: 15 October 2016 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 318 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1087
Joined  2016-04-13

I added 2/5 level 100 First Contact Geordi’s stats since they were the only ones that were missing, but my figures for max proficiency are different than the rest, so it looks like he was one of the characters that had them bumped recently (or was it everyone?). I’m certain the max proficiencies are the same across the star board, but can someone who has him at the other star levels confirm it and update the page?

Signature 

My crew spreadsheet
226 Level 100 FE
192 Immortal

Posted: 15 October 2016 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 319 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-18
sorinev - 15 October 2016 01:03 AM

I added 2/5 level 100 First Contact Geordi’s stats since they were the only ones that were missing, but my figures for max proficiency are different than the rest, so it looks like he was one of the characters that had them bumped recently (or was it everyone?). I’m certain the max proficiencies are the same across the star board, but can someone who has him at the other star levels confirm it and update the page?

Thanks for the data. Yes, these were the proficiency changes, almost all characters were affected. I updated all his other values now.
The proficiency bump on Sep 17th changed the L.1 proficiency of most characters. As proficiency is otherwise only influenced by the equipped items, and nothing else, this change simultaneously affects all XP and fusion levels the same way.

Posted: 15 October 2016 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 320 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  452
Joined  2016-04-17

Looking to tidy off my crew sheet, and to also help decide who to level or space. After any of the following level 100 FE figures if people haven’t gotten around to updating yet:

1-3/4 KDF Gowron
1-2/4 Angel 1 Riker
1-3/4 Luther Sloan
1-3/4 Feezal Phlox
1-3/4 Dr Toby Russell
1-3/4 Weyoun Clone 4
1-3/4 Mirror K’Ehlyr
1-3/4 Kurak
1/4 Dr Crusher
3/3 Gilora Rejal
3/3 Captain Kassidy Yates

Signature 

Minor contributor to the STT Wiki

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.

Posted: 15 November 2016 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 321 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-18
Alpharius - 15 October 2016 06:40 PM

Looking to tidy off my crew sheet, and to also help decide who to level or space. After any of the following level 100 FE figures if people haven’t gotten around to updating yet:

1-3/4 KDF Gowron
1-2/4 Angel 1 Riker
1-3/4 Luther Sloan
1-3/4 Feezal Phlox
1-3/4 Dr Toby Russell
1-3/4 Weyoun Clone 4
1-3/4 Mirror K’Ehlyr
1-3/4 Kurak
1/4 Dr Crusher
3/3 Gilora Rejal
3/3 Captain Kassidy Yates

Added 3/4 Feezal Phlox. A few of the others have updated as well (Yates, Riker, ...).

Posted: 07 December 2016 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 322 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  816
Joined  2015-10-25

User Lcgclabsfh seems to be some kind of spam attack. They are updating their user page every few minutes with odd biographical info. It eats up most of the recent changes page entries.

Posted: 07 December 2016 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 323 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-18
Captain Durf - 07 December 2016 01:18 PM

User Lcgclabsfh seems to be some kind of spam attack. They are updating their user page every few minutes with odd biographical info. It eats up most of the recent changes page entries.

Yeah, I noticed that. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do against this at the moment, as we are currently admin-less. The hoster does not respond to his Talk page or even emails, and the only other admin has stopped playing a while ago as well, and I don’t even have any contact infos for him hmmm

Any ideas welcome!

Posted: 07 December 2016 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 324 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  513
Joined  2016-08-05
Crunch - 07 December 2016 06:45 PM
Captain Durf - 07 December 2016 01:18 PM

Yeah, I noticed that. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do against this at the moment, as we are currently admin-less. The hoster does not respond to his Talk page or even emails, and the only other admin has stopped playing a while ago as well, and I don’t even have any contact infos for him hmmm

Any ideas welcome!

As long as the edits are limited to the User space, there’s a workaround to avoid seeing the spam edits: you can set the filters on the Recent Changes page to filter his edits out. Select the “User” namespace and click the “Invert Selection” checkbox, and it will ignore all User namespace edits when viewing the Recent Changes. It’s not perfect since it will also ignore changes to any other User page, but usually you don’t need to see edits in that namespace anyways.

Posted: 07 December 2016 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 325 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3155
Joined  2016-01-30
Crunch - 07 December 2016 06:45 PM

The hoster does not respond to his Talk page or even emails, and the only other admin has stopped playing a while ago as well, and I don’t even have any contact infos for him hmmm

Any ideas welcome!

This seems like a ticking time bomb. Is the wiki backed up somewhere?

Posted: 08 December 2016 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 326 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  729
Joined  2016-09-23

Anyone else noticed that the Wiki seems to be more unstable recently (more Service Temporarily Unavailable messages)?

Posted: 08 December 2016 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 327 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2016-06-16
Joker41NAM - 08 December 2016 10:05 AM

Anyone else noticed that the Wiki seems to be more unstable recently (more Service Temporarily Unavailable messages)?

Noticed the same, but it’s most likely due to more data on the site (seems to happen with any wiki / website at certain points).

Signature 

My Crew

Posted: 08 December 2016 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 328 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  401
Joined  2016-05-16

LapplandsCohan is messing with all the images…. is there a way to stop this person as they have not created a user page for themselves

Posted: 08 December 2016 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 329 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3155
Joined  2016-01-30
[OiNK] Im a doctor not a ... - 08 December 2016 03:00 PM

LapplandsCohan is messing with all the images…. is there a way to stop this person as they have not created a user page for themselves

They are trying to break the wiki. They are filling up pages with useless information and changing it every few minutes.

Posted: 08 December 2016 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 330 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  401
Joined  2016-05-16

We need some admins

‹ First  < 20 21 22 23 24 > 
22 of 24