We have pushed second server build this week, it includes many additional improvements and changes to the game in preparation for our 1.8.0 client release. Below is a summary of these additional changes. We hope you enjoy them!
Changes to Crew, Items and Traits:
- Boxer Chakotay: Addressed a bug where Ship ability stats were incorrectly set to a 4-star rarity. Attack Bonus: reduced from 4 to 2 and Positioning Attack Bonus: reduced from 3 to 2
- Platonian Kirk’s Wreath: Fixed a bug where the stat values didn’t increase with higher rarities of the item. Kirk’s wreath now correctly increase in Command at higher rarities. As a result, Kirk’s base Command has been slightly lowered, so overall stats remain unchanged.
- Subcommander T’Rul’s Disruptor Pistol now displays the correct image and name.
- Goddess of Empathy Troi: Changed Troi’s Forensic Psychology Text to Autosuture.
- Dr. Selar now wears a uniform from the appropriate era.
- Warship Chakotay now wears a correct shirt. We convinced him that his sleeveless undershirt wasn’t appropriate for these militant times.
- Prospero Data: Changed Data’s Positronic Brain to Stembolt.
- Dancing Uhura: Updated several SEC items to the correct DIP or CMD items.
- Created a new trait: KCA. The following crew now have the KCA trait: Mirror Garak, Mirror K’Ehlyr, Mirror Worf, Mirror Intendant Kira.
- Mirror Kirk: Replaced Federation trait with Duelist, Starfleet trait with Terran Empire, Inspiring trait with Brutal.
- Mirror Uhura: Replaced Federation trait with Brutal, Starfleet trait with Terran Empire.
- Ambassador Fox: Replaced Ambassador trait with Veteran. The Ambassador trait was a deprecated trait that was not used in missions.
- Ambassador Troi: Replaced Ambassador trait with Communicator. The Ambassador trait was a deprecated trait that was not used in missions.
- Episode 5 mission “Thy Enemy’s Secrets” node fixed to be unlocked by the Brutal trait.
- Linguistic Database stats now properly increase with increased rarity.
Changes to Faction Events:
Increased the chance for duplicate skills to appear in Faction Missions. Players may see missions that require multiple of a skill (Ex: SEC / SEC / ENG) occur more often. This change was made to increase the value of featured crew and skills during an event.
Changes to Mission Item Drop Chance and Distribution:
We have made a significant and far-reaching change to item drops in the game. This change is a second part of our Episode updates, the first of which was a comprehensive rebalance of Episode difficulty back in January 2017. With today’s build, we have made numerous tweaks to our mission item drop balance to accomplish a few key goals:
- Increasing the chance that players will receive high rarity components when completing Elite and Epic missions.
- Improving the variety of mission rewards for some Elite and Epic missions.
- Increasing drop locations for some sought after items.
More information can be found here: https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/61453/
- Addressed many typos on crew, items, and missions.
- Fixed a bug where the support ticket field was limited to one line.
- Fixed a bug that could create errors during Galaxy Event crafting if a player came back to the game from the background. This error still created the item, but concerned some players. This should now be fixed.
- Adjusted Cadet Challenge schedule images to better convey their rewards.
- Added scroll bar to credits and Away Mission story text.
- Improved button layout adjustments to various results screens.
- A significant refactoring of Tutorial performance has been completed, which should no longer result in players breaking their tutorial state. This change should greatly improve the stability and performance of our tutorial.
The Star Trek Timelines Team