Game of Thrones

NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/gota/

 
   
 < 1 2 3 4 > 
Best equipment now that percentages are working [NECRO THREAD]
Posted: 14 June 2013 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2013-02-28
Orys Lothston - 13 June 2013 07:00 PM

Attack Body is incorrect. Only the Shadowbinder Mask gives an attack body bonus. All the other ones you’ve listed are Defensive.

Edit: I see you’ve said that they can become attacking with a red gem but ultimately that’s true of every item that can be crafted. At the moment it looks rather mis-leading.

I’m sorry but I really don’t see what would be incorrect. Yes, the Shadowbinder mask is the only one giving % attack body bonus (to bribe and spy) and the other ones don’t give any attack body bonus. That is why i didn’t put anything in the benefit column except for the Shadowbinder mask(that would be misleading to put the defensive bonuses when you are looking for the best gear to attack).
These weapons are the best ones to attack. I’m not going to put their defensive bonus as it’s not relevant because at the end (i mean, when you got all the best gears in attack and defense), you won’t use this one to defend yourself, just to attack.
(Btw, i’m not taking into account red gems in this file, except when choosing between crafting or farming, so your other point is not relevant either)

And for the other post about the BFA vs the Horse archer, well, you guys do the maths and tell me smile I really don’t want to calculate the break-even point but i’d curious to know, there might other cases when % are not worth the loss of points.

Profile
 
 
Posted: 14 June 2013 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  473
Joined  2013-04-14
Lady Blackwood - 13 June 2013 01:48 PM

So I was thinking on the best unit for Aid…you guys have down the Horse Archer at 8 and 8% as the best. Would the Blazing Fire Archer at 17 and 7% be better? In order for you to make up the difference (9 to Battle) wouldn’t you have to have 900 points in your battle stat?

I was thinking since they fixed the doubling bonus 900 would be pretty hard to get. Maybe I’m wrong and someone can explain?

you are correct here - the point where Horse Archer becomes better is 900 in battle which is currently impossible to reach

 Signature 

Bloody Mummers - Join or bleed!

Profile
 
 
Posted: 14 June 2013 03:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
Avatar
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2599
Joined  2013-05-14

I’m just saying that it’s mis-leading to suggest they give an attack % bonus. That is what is clearly suggested by the way you’ve set out the sheet.
If it’s based on the overall effect fine but but you’d be better off adding a note to that effect.

 Signature 

Volume I Quests :: Sworn Sword statistics calculator :: Full lineage

Argella Strickland formerly Orys Parren formerly Argella Woodfoot formerly Orys Toyne

Profile
 
 
Posted: 18 June 2013 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2013-02-28

I realized that i put a benefit for attack body grand robe belt where it shouldn’t be (being only defensive). But reading what you say, I’m wondering if that’s what you meant (you could have said “there s a mistake here, no benefit for attacking for this particular item”, what you wrote sounds like everything is misleading)

Profile
 
 
Posted: 20 June 2013 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2013-03-07

The defensive bonus from the partisan seems to be missing from the text now.  If it’s also been removed from the effects, the item just became a complete waste.  It has nearly the same material cost as a hefty broadsword, but barely more than half the effect.

4 short swords + 8 iron -> 4 long swords + 8 wood + 4 iron -> 2 pikes + 5 steel + 9 hard wood = 10 Battle
4 short swords + 8 iron + 4 wood -> 2 broadswords + 9 steel + 5 hard wood = 18 Battle

The partisan also requires 51 hours of construction time (though some can be concurrent).  The hefty broadsword only takes 39 hours (but must all be done in one building).  The only real advantage to the partisan is that long swords can be bought in the shop saving time and resources.

Profile
 
 
Posted: 27 June 2013 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
Avatar
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2013-06-25

Does anyone have a list of Permanent Items that will help on reincarnation runs?
Not necessarily purchased with Gold, but can they be obtained via crafting?

Profile
 
 
Posted: 27 June 2013 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2013-03-07

To my knowledge, permanent items are only available through gold purchase.

Profile
 
 
Posted: 27 June 2013 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
Avatar
Hodor
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5121
Joined  2013-03-04
The Faceless - 27 June 2013 12:06 PM

Does anyone have a list of Permanent Items that will help on reincarnation runs?
Not necessarily purchased with Gold, but can they be obtained via crafting?

No.  There are no permanent items that can be crafted.

Currently the Obsidian Dagger and the Spicer’s Guild Ledger from the Slaver’s Bay Race alliance challenge are the only two permanent items obtainable within the game itself.

Valyrian Steel Dagger will be a third one when that bonus goal begins functioning properly, but it will only be available after 4 reincarnations.

 Signature 

Wiki Blog:  Shared Files and Docs

Marchon Ward, House Lannister
Currently in 5th life

I do not accept random anonymous friend requests. 
Such ‘friends’ tend to end up in the boneyard of lost players.

Profile
 
 
Posted: 06 October 2015 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
Avatar
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-06-20

Thank you for this!

Profile
 
 
Posted: 11 September 2016 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
Avatar
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-01-23

The list is excellent. Though i guess rather than best if we have 3 best list it will be splendid as it may happen that one cannot forge one item as the building may not be available for his/her fealty. I am also working on such list and will make it available soon. If anyone has it already, then he/she may post such for comparison.

Profile
 
 
Posted: 11 September 2016 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
Avatar
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  387
Joined  2015-03-28
himadri - 11 September 2016 02:39 AM

The list is excellent. Though i guess rather than best if we have 3 best list it will be splendid as it may happen that one cannot forge one item as the building may not be available for his/her fealty. I am also working on such list and will make it available soon. If anyone has it already, then he/she may post such for comparison.

This thread is from 2013 and therefore outdated….and if you don’t have all the fealty buildings, you might want to get them

 Signature 

Lady Violet Fleur du Mal

Profile
 
 
Posted: 12 September 2016 11:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  457
Joined  2014-07-20

For reference.

Profile
 
 
Posted: 13 September 2016 12:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
Avatar
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  420
Joined  2013-12-08

Also the sticky documents are outdated (more than 2 years)...

 Signature 

Self-appointed Monitor of the Book of Nod, Watcher of the Red Star and the Coming of the Final Nights

            A HUGE WAVE OF ZOMBIES IS APPROACHING

Profile
 
 
Posted: 29 September 2016 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
Avatar
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2015-06-15

On the subject of percentages…

I have noticed that no matter what gear I use, the percentage of success always caps out at 97-98 percent. There is always that 2-3% chance I will fail an attack roll, which I think is silly. The comparison I have used with some of my GOTA friends is that someone has you naked, tied up, shackled and in a bathtub pointing a shotgun at your head and their finger is on the trigger and you still have a 2% chance they will miss, you will escape, etc.

So if that is the case…. what exactly is the point of grinding for end game gear, trying to hatch dragons or spending money on gold to buy whatever new stuff they make for the store, when no matter what I do, no matter how I equip myself, etc. I will never hit the 100% cap of success. If I already have that maxed out with the things I own now, there is really no motivation or point to press onward with the game or trying to craft/obtain the alleged “elite gear”.

Thoughts?

Profile
 
 
Posted: 29 September 2016 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2013-12-26

You might want to relax a little on the push toward 100% sword success. For things like Adventures and Quests, there is actually a 5% cap on either end. If you roll 1-5 you will win, no matter how low your stats are. If you roll 96-100, you will lose, no matter how high your stats are. There’s a built in minimum 5% chance to win, and a maximum 95% chance to win. Tales doesn’t have the same end caps, but given the way the percentages are calculated, there is no way to get a 100% chance to win, the highest you can get is 99%. It doesn’t seem so bad not to have 100% success in this kind of game. It helps keep things interesting. smile

Profile
 
 
   
 < 1 2 3 4 > 
3 of 4