Game of Thrones

NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/gota/

1 2 3 >  Last ›
Best equipment now that percentages are working [NECRO THREAD]
Posted: 30 May 2013 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2013-04-08

Now that percentages are adding correctly, rather than as a +1 per +1%, I thought it would be useful to look at what items can be produced that provide the biggest boosts to each of the nine stats. In general, Hand items add to attack, Body items to defense, and Units to both, although there are a few exceptions. From browsing through items, here are the items with the biggest percentage boosts I could find, with a few “or” selections when there are two items with equal bonuses or one item that’s better on attack and another better on defense:

Fight
Hand: Heavy Warhammer (+20/+10% attack)
Body: Masterwork Splint Mail (+8/+8% defense)
Unit: Elite Cavalryman (+10/+6% attack and defense) or Elite Phalanx (+15/+8% defense)

Harass
Hand: Pyre (+8/+8% attack)
Body: Grand Cuirass (+20/+10% defense)
Unit: Elite Reaving Ship (0/+10% attack and defense)

Aid
Hand: Taut Longbow (+20/+10% attack)
Body: Grand Barred Helm (+8/+8% defense)
Unit: Horse Archer (+8/+8% attack and defense)

Bribe
Hand: Ceremonial Dagger or Secure Lockbox (+8/+8% attack)
Body: Jewelled Armor (+20/+10% defense) or Shadowbinder Mask (+7/+7% attack and defense)
Unit: Master Furrier (+20/+10% attack and defense)

Barter
Hand: Offering (+20/+10% attack)
Body: Alloyed Torc (+20/+10% defense)
Unit: Master Mercer (+20/+10% attack and defense)

Swindle
Hand: Deposit (+20/+10% attack)
Body: Alloy Bracelet (+8/+8% defense)
Unit: Master Spicer (+20/+10% attack and defense)

Spy
Hand: Nightshade (+8/+8% attack)
Body: Filigreed Tunic (+20/+10% defense) or Shadowbinder Mask (+7/+7% attack and defense)
Unit: Elite Cavalryman (10/+6% attack and defense)

Sabotage
Hand: Widow’s Blood (+8/+8% attack)
Body: Warm Fur-Lined Cloak (+20/+10% defense)
Unit: Elite Reaving Ship (0/+10% attack and defense)

Steal
Hand: Wolfsbane (+8/+8% attack)
Body: Pocketed Belt (+10/+6% defense)
Unit: Madam (+20/+10% attack and defense)

I have not gone through quest rewards or adventure rewards to look for better items, so if anyone is aware of any, please let me know and I’ll add them to the list.

Posted: 30 May 2013 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  203
Joined  2013-04-08

Nice topic, I enjoy seeing a user every now and then pull out a list like this. Thank you. smile

Signature 

Lord Alester Longwood, Stark Bannerman [Active]
Lord Edmyn Lydden, Lannister Supporter;
Lord Willem Blackmyre, Stark Bannerman;
Lord Edric Herston, Baratheon Bannerman;
Lord Aeron Saltcliffe, Servant of the Kraken;
Lord Daven Loorsragh, Targaryen Bannerman;

Long Spears[Alliance]

Posted: 31 May 2013 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2013-02-28

Nice list, but I created another list and I think you have to separate weapons with % for attacks from the ones with % for defense. I won’t equip the same weapon if I wan’t to defend myself from a PVP attack.

Here is the exhaustive list, including craftable and adventures weapons/armors/units. I always selected the item with a bonus (%), not the one with the highest points. For example, I’m not choosing a sword with +30 battle and no %, I’ll choose the heavy warhammer for fight, the grand ice axe for harass, etc…

Read it like this : NAME, BUILDING OR ADVENTURE, POINTS IN Battle,Trade or Intrigue, Bonus (if applicable: for example no Body item gives % on attack, only % for defense, so I chose the one with the highest points)

ATTACK:
HAND:

FIGHT Heavy Warhammer     Feast   20 10,00% 
HARASS Grand Ice Axe     85     20 10,00% 
AID Grand Mistwood Dagger 97     20 10,00% 
BARTER Grand writ of passage 51 10 6,00% 
SWINDLE Deposit           Reliquary 20 10,00% 
BRIBE Ceremonial Dagger     Sept   8 8,00% 
SPY Nightshade     Embassy   8 8,00% 
SABOTAGEWidow’s blood     Workshop   8 8,00% 
STEAL Wolfsbane     Shanty   8 8,00%

BODY:
BATTLE Grand short hauberk     88   30
TRADE   Grand pewter chain     80   20
SPY Grand embroidered raiment 91   20   SABOTAGEGrand taylored tunic   94   20    
STEAL Grand robe belt       74   20

UNIT:
FIGHT Elite cavalryman Tourney 10 6,00% 
HARASS ELITE REAVING SHIP SHIPYARD 0 10,00%     
AID Blazing Fire archer Alchemist 17 7,00% 
BARTER Master Mercer       Artisan 20 10,00% 
SWINDLE Master Spicer       Artisan 20 10,00% 
BRIBE Master Furrier       Artisan 20 10,00% 
SPY Elite cavalryman Tourney 10 6,00% 
SABOTAGEELITE REAVING SHIP SHIPYARD 0 10,00% 
STEAL Madam           Shanty 20 10,00%

And now the best items to defend

DEFENSE:

HAND:
BATTLE       Grand hardened mace 77 30
TRADE       Deposit           Reliquary 20  
INTRIGUE Grand delicate gloves 54 10

BODY:
FIGHT Masterwork Splint mail   Holdfast   8 8,00%
HARASS Grand cuirass       Shipyard 20 10,00%
AID Grand barred helm   Tourney       8 8,00%

TRADE Grand pewter chain   80       20 10,00%

SPY Grand embroidered raiment 91       20 10,00%
SABOTAGEGrand taylored tunic   94       20 10,00%
STEAL Grand robe belt       74       20 10,00%

UNIT:
FIGHT Elite cavalryman Tourney 10 6,00% 
HARASS ELITE REAVING SHIP SHIPYARD 0 10,00% 
AID Blazing Fire archer Alchemist 17 7,00% 
BARTER Master Mercer       Artisan 20 10,00% 
SWINDLE Master Spicer       Artisan 20 10,00% 
BRIBE Master Furrier       Artisan 20 10,00% 
SPY Elite cavalryman Tourney 10 6,00% 
SABOTAGE ELITE REAVING SHIP SHIPYARD 0 10,00%   
STEAL Madam           Shanty 20 10,00%

As we say in my country, Voila ! Enjoy !
I’m “working” on a spreadsheet with the crafting breakdown for each of these items. I’ll post the link here.

Posted: 31 May 2013 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  473
Joined  2013-04-14

Some additions to Rhaegar’s list:

Attack
UNIT:
Aid - horse archer reliquary 8%

HAND:
Barter - Offering R’hollor temple 10%

BODY:
Spy - Shadowbinder Mask R’hollor temple 7%
Bribe - Shadowbinder Mask R’hollor temple 7%

I have not tracked down defensive gear yet and I have not gone through all the adventure drops yet either and alliance challneges top3 finish rewards so there is probably more Best in Slot gear available.

Signature 

Bloody Mummers - Join or bleed!

Posted: 31 May 2013 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2599
Joined  2013-05-14

The boosts tab in the spreadsheet in my sig has these but I’ve not updated it yet with the changes made on 24/5.

Signature 

Volume I Quests :: Sworn Sword statistics calculator :: Full lineage

Argella Strickland formerly Orys Parren formerly Argella Woodfoot formerly Orys Toyne

Posted: 03 June 2013 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  130
Joined  2013-05-25

bump
too bad if this topic fade to the abyss

Signature 

Lord Edric Andal of The Fingers, Stark Defender. Lady Ember Dragonbane of The Fingers, Greyjoy Spider. Lord Layne Reyne of Castamere, Lannister Broker. Ser Ronnet Connington of Griffon’s Roost, Baratheon Kingsguard. Baelor Valonqar of Valysar, Warden of Essos.

Posted: 03 June 2013 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2013-03-16

Good topic. Help yourself to a bump.

Signature 

Join our alliance: The North

I’m available for help to new players, and to those who wish to speed reincarnate for all 5 fealty buildings. The alliance is growing and has dedicated and serious players in it. Message me to receive an invitation.

Posted: 04 June 2013 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-28
Olavi the Littlefinger - 31 May 2013 04:39 AM

Some additions to Rhaegar’s list:

Attack
UNIT:
Aid - horse archer reliquary 8%

HAND:
Barter - Offering R’hollor temple 10%

BODY:
Spy - Shadowbinder Mask R’hollor temple 7%
Bribe - Shadowbinder Mask R’hollor temple 7%

I have not tracked down defensive gear yet and I have not gone through all the adventure drops yet either and alliance challneges top3 finish rewards so there is probably more Best in Slot gear available.

True:
Horse archer is better than the Blazing F.A. for Aid-Unit-Attack (not in Defense as the Elite phalanx got +15 in battle/8% in aid def). You are probably right for the others too. Ill check that and make a new list.

I also recently changed my mind about the adventure drop gears and replaced them by crafting items for several reasons. First, I think uncommon resources are quite easy to get now, probably easier than the rare gears. Then, rare gears are available at upper levels adventures , making them harder to succeed and longer to complete. Finally, when you craft, you have the opportunity to get a good or superb result with a red gem and the appropriate upgrades.

I will post my new list soon. Then, I will do the crafting breakdown but it takes a lot of time. Perhaps after these posts, we should make it sticky.

Posted: 05 June 2013 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2013-05-06

Thank you so much for this list! I’ve used it a lot in the past few days to figure out what to craft/adventure for.

Just wanted to say on Monday I started adventuring for the Grand Ice Axe (+20B, 10% to Harass when attacking) on level 85 in volume one. I got it tonight after roughly 50 adventures (35 success ; 15 fails). And while the red gem can help a lot of times when I get stuff it’s mainly a +2 in another category no extra percentage bonuses. So for me I definitely like to try and adventure for the percentage bonus…makes it worth it.

Posted: 05 June 2013 02:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2013-04-09
Lady Blackwood - 05 June 2013 01:45 AM

Thank you so much for this list! I’ve used it a lot in the past few days to figure out what to craft/adventure for.

Just wanted to say on Monday I started adventuring for the Grand Ice Axe (+20B, 10% to Harass when attacking) on level 85 in volume one. I got it tonight after roughly 50 adventures (35 success ; 15 fails). And while the red gem can help a lot of times when I get stuff it’s mainly a +2 in another category no extra percentage bonuses. So for me I definitely like to try and adventure for the percentage bonus…makes it worth it.

if you are lucky in crafting, you can get the best items in the game, you can get 10% bonus to an action
maybe you should read this list of bonus traits
http://www.disruptorbeam.com/forums/viewthread/2774/

Posted: 05 June 2013 02:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2013-05-06
aeng - 05 June 2013 02:13 AM

if you are lucky in crafting, you can get the best items in the game, you can get 10% bonus to an action

This would be wonderful! I was just saying my crating seems to only lend +2 to things. I get a lot of “tough”, “of brawls” etc. Especially with all the problems I’ve had with red gems sticking. I know you can get amazing results (I do have a Fire Archer of Trickery). I was just saying sometimes it’s nice to have the guarantee. smile

Posted: 05 June 2013 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  601
Joined  2013-05-07

The folks in the Wiki have been amazing with their ability to add pages for all the items, and while they are in the process of compiling tables that list which items give the most points to each category, there’s been little work on each of the Stat types with regards to which items are the best for each Stat.

If anyone here is willing to help the Wiki out with this kind of data it would super BRILLIANT. I love this thread, but I’m scared that (like most information in this forum) it will become buried in this forum and thus not as easy to reference in future.

I might be great at Wiki Coding, but I’ve only just reincarnated for the first time, so I don’t feel I have the experience to contribute in this way, and I’m not one for ripping off other people’s data (hence me hoping that someone that’s posted here is willing to offer their work to the Wiki).

If anyone would like to contribute but is unsure how to go about it, please feel free to PM me here or in the Wiki for help.

Here’s hoping that someone is able to help contribute this data.

: )

Signature 

Member of Olenna’s Thorns            Manager of the Game of Thrones: Ascent Wiki

Posted: 05 June 2013 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2013-04-09
Lady Blackwood - 05 June 2013 02:41 AM
aeng - 05 June 2013 02:13 AM

This would be wonderful! I was just saying my crating seems to only lend +2 to things. I get a lot of “tough”, “of brawls” etc. Especially with all the problems I’ve had with red gems sticking. I know you can get amazing results (I do have a Fire Archer of Trickery). I was just saying sometimes it’s nice to have the guarantee. smile

Yeah, but crafting is worth it, I craft a lot, I`ve crafted 8 cuirass, in most of them i used a red gem and I get these two , then crafting is the only way to get a body slot with % bonus on attack

Image Attachments
as1.pngas.png

Posted: 10 June 2013 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2013-03-16

Bumping this thread.

Signature 

Join our alliance: The North

I’m available for help to new players, and to those who wish to speed reincarnate for all 5 fealty buildings. The alliance is growing and has dedicated and serious players in it. Message me to receive an invitation.

Posted: 11 June 2013 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-28

My list is now ready but when I try to attach it here, it said :
Error Message:
The filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed.

It’s just a xls excel file, of 63 kb.

Help ! smile

Posted: 11 June 2013 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1019
Joined  2013-04-03

You’ll have to make a screenshot of it as the error says that Excel files are not allowed in attachments. Or you could try using Google docs or any equivalent like I did in my signature.

Signature 

Everything about adventures. (last edit 29th September 2013, possibly very outdated)
GoTA Wiki

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4