Game of Thrones

NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/gota/

 
   
A question about 25% chance seals on Main..
Posted: 23 September 2017 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Avatar
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2015-04-18

I have 4 Insignia Lord of Bones Seals on my Rainbow Cloak so have 100% chance to add 12% to defence. If I put another 4 on my defensive dragon (yeah I know but I’ve started now) will that 100% chance work as well so that I get 24% or is it capped at 12%. I think it’s come up on the forum before but I can’t find it.

Cheers

Martin

Profile
 
 
Posted: 23 September 2017 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Avatar
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2014-11-27

capped at 12%, the 12% boost doesn’t add up or change, only the % chance does.

Profile
 
 
Posted: 23 September 2017 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Avatar
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  370
Joined  2014-11-25

I’ve been wondering about that as well. I know it’s capped at 100%, but 100% per what exactly? 100% for each item? 100% on SS and 100% on MC? Or a grand total of 100%? The last one seems kinda ridiculous to be honest

 Signature 

I may or may not be related to Skynet and/or any other rogue AI

Profile
 
 
Posted: 23 September 2017 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Avatar
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  377
Joined  2015-07-26
Moreese - 23 September 2017 02:31 PM

I’ve been wondering about that as well. I know it’s capped at 100%, but 100% per what exactly? 100% for each item? 100% on SS and 100% on MC? Or a grand total of 100%? The last one seems kinda ridiculous to be honest

Capped at 100% chance. Does it really matter whether you have 100% chance or 200% chance (100% on main plus 100% on a sworn sword)? In both cases you get the bonus in every defence. The bonus is 12% to defense.

 Signature 

GoT:A: Life no. XX and counting; Dragons Giria, Akiir, Drirr, Wrinn, Plattax and a baby dragon.
ST:T: quit

Profile
 
 
Posted: 23 September 2017 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Avatar
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  370
Joined  2014-11-25
Arien - 23 September 2017 03:07 PM

Capped at 100% chance. Does it really matter whether you have 100% chance or 200% chance (100% on main plus 100% on a sworn sword)? In both cases you get the bonus in every defence. The bonus is 12% to defense.

Not really an answer to my question and yes it matters. If items are counted as separate instances, each item can add 12% to all defenses, combined with the SS seals that’s 4 instances of 100% chance to add 12% to all defenses, or 48% to all defenses in total. If on the other hand it’s all one instance you get 400% chance to add 12% to all defenses, which is just 12%. So the question remains, where is it capped, at the item level, at the SS level or only 1 grand total?

 Signature 

I may or may not be related to Skynet and/or any other rogue AI

Profile
 
 
Posted: 23 September 2017 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Avatar
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2014-11-27

The cap is at the grand level, 25% chance on an item on a ss will add to a 25% chance on an item equip to a persons main, for a grand total of 50% chance at whatever % boost the seal indicates it gives (in this case 50% chance for + 12% to all defense)

Profile
 
 
Posted: 23 September 2017 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Avatar
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  370
Joined  2014-11-25

Thanks, kinda sucks that chance seals are so limited in their uses though.

 Signature 

I may or may not be related to Skynet and/or any other rogue AI

Profile
 
 
Posted: 23 September 2017 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Avatar
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2015-04-18
NN - 23 September 2017 04:09 PM

The cap is at the grand level, 25% chance on an item on a ss will add to a 25% chance on an item equip to a persons main, for a grand total of 50% chance at whatever % boost the seal indicates it gives (in this case 50% chance for + 12% to all defense)

Cool, I will put Jeor Mormonts/ NW LC Seals on my dragon then. I suppose it is pointless having more than 4 of these chance seals unless you were using them on an SS in tales. Thanks NN

Profile
 
 
Posted: 23 September 2017 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Avatar
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2016-10-07

You can do a test , I did a while ago . P2P defence stats were the same regardless of how many items had the chance on them . I used the 9% fortification seals but the idea is the same 4 seals and 8 gave identical defence . You need to make sure your main stats are identical don’t forget .

Profile
 
 
   
 
‹‹ About reincarnating,      AvA Timer ››