Game of Thrones

NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/gota/

Universal Speed Gear?
Posted: 13 August 2017 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  279
Joined  2014-10-29

I’m posting a question on behalf of one my new bannermen to AvA. I know there is speed gear for the types of fealties (trade, battle and Intrigue) and gear to help specifically with certain types of AvA attacks.

Is there a good combination for universal speed gear, other than an untrained dragon?

Thanks!
Lizzie

Signature 

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Posted: 13 August 2017 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  699
Joined  2014-03-05
Lizzie Borden - 13 August 2017 11:58 AM

I’m posting a question on behalf of one my new bannermen to AvA. I know there is speed gear for the types of fealties (trade, battle and Intrigue) and gear to help specifically with certain types of AvA attacks.

Is there a good combination for universal speed gear, other than an untrained dragon?

Thanks!
Lizzie

-Podrick’s Axe for a hand item.
-Roose Bolton’s Dining Attire for an armor: gives faster adventures and AvA attacks, but not quests or PtP.
-Uncolored Dragon for a companion, as you mentioned.

I’m not sure if there exists an armor that gives universally faster attacks in all attack types and all categories of gameplay, but if there is, someone else may know.

Signature 

A Holy R’hllor 4 Life
R’hllin’ R’hllin’ R’hllin’, Rawhiiiiiiiiiide!

Posted: 14 August 2017 02:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  185
Joined  2015-02-26

Podrick’s Axe definitely, but there’s not a body counterpart.  Roose’s is the best for AvA.

Signature 

Elbert Florent CXXV
Growing Strong Alliance

Lannister 10     Tyrell 14     Greyjoy     3       Stark 26
Targaryen 18   Martel 26   Baratheon 18   Tully 10

Adolescent 3   Young 5   Baby 1

Posted: 14 August 2017 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  370
Joined  2014-11-25

Jon Snow Lord Commander Armor is good for the rest of the game, but it does nothing for AVA speed, and it’s fealty armor, which the OP doesn’t want. I’m not sure there’s any armor out there that offers a speed increase for everything all the time.

The better weapon and armor items are usually restricted in some way, either by fealty, situation, action type or even a single action. Personally I care most about quest and AVA speed, and I’m not opposed to using 2 different sets of equipment for my MC, nor am I opposed to using fealty restricted items.

Signature 

I may or may not be related to Skynet and/or any other rogue AI

Posted: 16 August 2017 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  279
Joined  2014-10-29

Thanks for the replies everyone! This helps alot!

Signature 

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Posted: 16 August 2017 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2016-01-20

My biggest issue is the best combination of equipment and seals to maximize universal character experience, SS experience, adventure and ptp speed, silver gain and hit power. I have R’hollor seals on my MC for speed. I have Lightbringer with Aegons, Jon Snow Commander with Aegons, Mature Dragon with R’hollors. Any suggestions?

Posted: 16 August 2017 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Joined  2015-02-26
guest_660461701873664 - 16 August 2017 11:22 AM

My biggest issue is the best combination of equipment and seals to maximize universal character experience, SS experience, adventure and ptp speed, silver gain and hit power. I have R’hollor seals on my MC for speed. I have Lightbringer with Aegons, Jon Snow Commander with Aegons, Mature Dragon with R’hollors. Any suggestions?

It depends on what talents you have and what you are trying to do.  Lightbringer and JSALC don’t boost speed in AvA, which is the speed that most players are concerned about.  So if you are looking for AvA speed, I would go with Podrick’s Axe with Rhllor or Seven seals (cheaper and easier to come by).

But even right now, you are looking at:

Quest and Adventure
24% talent speed
10% premium alchemist guild
13% mature dragon
7% lightbringer
7% JSALC
=
61% This is without factoring in your Rhllor seals nor the premium building upgrades that speed up spying and battle attacks.  So if your alliance is running the general and adventure speed tactics, you are maxing out half your actions with your Rhllor seals.

And if you are Greyjoy, you have the 24% faster adventure speed talent, so you don’t even need tactics to max your speed outside of AvA and PtP.

So my question is, what are you trying to do in the game?

Signature 

Elbert Florent CXXV
Growing Strong Alliance

Posted: 29 August 2017 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Joined  2015-02-26

Someone at DB was watching the forum:

Tyrion’s Hand Pin is part of the $20 gold deal. 5% faster attacks, 35/35/35

Signature 

Elbert Florent CXXV
Growing Strong Alliance

Posted: 29 August 2017 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  236
Joined  2015-05-06
Elbert - 16 August 2017 03:56 PM
guest_660461701873664 - 16 August 2017 11:22 AM

It depends on what talents you have and what you are trying to do.  Lightbringer and JSALC don’t boost speed in AvA, which is the speed that most players are concerned about.  So if you are looking for AvA speed, I would go with Podrick’s Axe with Rhllor or Seven seals (cheaper and easier to come by).

But even right now, you are looking at:

Quest and Adventure
24% talent speed
10% premium alchemist guild
13% mature dragon
7% lightbringer
7% JSALC
=
61% This is without factoring in your Rhllor seals nor the premium building upgrades that speed up spying and battle attacks.  So if your alliance is running the general and adventure speed tactics, you are maxing out half your actions with your Rhllor seals.

And if you are Greyjoy, you have the 24% faster adventure speed talent, so you don’t even need tactics to max your speed outside of AvA and PtP.

So my question is, what are you trying to do in the game?

To be fair, Jon Snow Armour and Lightbringer do nothing for universal speed/ specifically AVA without seals of the seven or R’Hllor seals (the 7% is the quests, adventures and PTP restriction). Before talents, building boosts and tactics, to be able to gain 70% universal speed, you need a minimum base of speed “aka faster attacks” of 37%.

To be able to obtain this, it depends what you want to do with your stats/equipment. I find that with the new Tyrion’s Hand Pin, the following univerisal build works:

- 6x R’Hllor seals/Seals of the Seven for Main Character Seals (6% faster attacks)
- Lightbringer with 6x R’Hllor seals/Seals of the Seven (12% faster attacks)(good for power and stats)
- Tyrion’s Hand Pin with 6x R’Hllor/Seals of the Seven (5% item + 6% seals = 23% faster attacks)
- Colourless Dragon (Colossal level for 16% faster attacks = 39% faster attacks and whatever seals you feel comfortable with, Aegon, Oyrs, R’Hllor if you want more overkill speed)

Outside of Colossal level dragon, you would need atleast an adolescent level dragon with 6x R’Hllor seals/Seals of the Seven to reach max universal speed cap through buildings, talents and tactics based on the situation needed.

I like R’Hllor on the main account seals cause if you decide to change to another attack type (battle/trade or intrigue), you still get stat boosts in that stat and faster attacks without having to peel those seals off your main character and replacing them with something else. Remember, Lightbringer with R’Hllor seals is recommended for right combo of power/speed, though for pure speed, Podrick’s Axe with R’Hllor also doe give 11% faster speed if you need to sub in.

However, that magic number you need to hit for universal speed from personal seals and personal equipment is 37% faster attacks.

Signature 

” Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less.”

Posted: 30 August 2017 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  370
Joined  2014-11-25
ArisenApocalypse - 29 August 2017 05:28 PM

To be fair, Jon Snow Armour and Lightbringer do nothing for universal speed/ specifically AVA without seals of the seven or R’Hllor seals (the 7% is the quests, adventures and PTP restriction). Before talents, building boosts and tactics, to be able to gain 70% universal speed, you need a minimum base of speed “aka faster attacks” of 37%.

To be able to obtain this, it depends what you want to do with your stats/equipment. I find that with the new Tyrion’s Hand Pin, the following univerisal build works:

- 6x R’Hllor seals/Seals of the Seven for Main Character Seals (6% faster attacks)
- Lightbringer with 6x R’Hllor seals/Seals of the Seven (12% faster attacks)(good for power and stats)
- Tyrion’s Hand Pin with 6x R’Hllor/Seals of the Seven (5% item + 6% seals = 23% faster attacks)
- Colourless Dragon (Colossal level for 16% faster attacks = 39% faster attacks and whatever seals you feel comfortable with, Aegon, Oyrs, R’Hllor if you want more overkill speed)

Outside of Colossal level dragon, you would need atleast an adolescent level dragon with 6x R’Hllor seals/Seals of the Seven to reach max universal speed cap through buildings, talents and tactics based on the situation needed.

I like R’Hllor on the main account seals cause if you decide to change to another attack type (battle/trade or intrigue), you still get stat boosts in that stat and faster attacks without having to peel those seals off your main character and replacing them with something else. Remember, Lightbringer with R’Hllor seals is recommended for right combo of power/speed, though for pure speed, Podrick’s Axe with R’Hllor also doe give 11% faster speed if you need to sub in.

However, that magic number you need to hit for universal speed from personal seals and personal equipment is 37% faster attacks.

You forgot to add crafted speed items on your SS. That makes this a lot more complicated, specially when you take into account fealty items, but even without fealty items you still have 3% faster attacks from the Cavalry Commander.

Signature 

I may or may not be related to Skynet and/or any other rogue AI

Posted: 30 August 2017 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  236
Joined  2015-05-06
Moreese - 30 August 2017 01:00 PM

You forgot to add crafted speed items on your SS. That makes this a lot more complicated, specially when you take into account fealty items, but even without fealty items you still have 3% faster attacks from the Cavalry Commander.

I did, but also did so for a reason. Speed also depends on the number of sworn swords and the number of speed equipment and seals you have in your inventory for them. If you have 10 main sworn swords, then not as difficult. However, once you start getting passed 50+ sworn swords (esp. if you have need large numbers to send out during adventures, AVA and/or both at the same time) and running low on optimal equipment or no equipment at all, it all comes down to what your base character, equipment, seals, talents and buildings has in order to get those unequipped/unspeedy sworn swords to the 70% speed cap.

Thus if you can hit a base of 36%-37% faster attack, your buildings (5% faster battle, 10% faster spy), talents (24% faster attacks, 24% from Sand Steed for quests, and 24% from Arms of the Kraken for adventures) and tactics (5% for all ava attacks and 5% more for trade/intrigue from alliance for ava) should be capable of hitting the 70% speed cap for every sworn sword regardless of their equipment or lack of it once you start to build a very large army.

Signature 

” Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less.”