Game of Thrones

New AvA token gear
Posted: 26 July 2017 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2015-02-18

Please release new token gear soon, it’s been out for a long time now and competitive players need something to play for. I could craft four sets of each token weapon with all my extra tokens. Thanks!

Posted: 26 July 2017 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2014-10-29

So craft them. grin DB doesn’t have to provide us with free equipment. We get enough free gold every 10 weeks to buy a dragon egg or a new piece of armor. They are a business. Those of us around for the World Event miss the new gear/companions associated with each phase. Getting an evolved Peerless Item was a feat. I still have gear I didn’t get out of the rare/legendary phases I permed because they were my best crafting accomplishment before dragons. Now a Peerless item is a guarantee. I don’t think that we need DB to divert from the bigger picture. We still need House Arryn. We still need a crackdown on cheaters. We still need a true PtP party system to eliminate the need for Extender.

That’s my opinion. Just be happy for the weapons/gear for free. As a long-time thief, there are very few actual “steal weapons”. Lann’s knife is one of them. I saved my tokens from every AvA since they were introduced until I had enough for it. I’m happy with it. I’m not going to give up Tyrion’s Crossbow for it but I have it. My oldest and best thief will probably wear it for the next Intrigue tales. Look at your tokens as free gear for Tales and stick Tale-specific seals on them.

Signature 

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Posted: 26 July 2017 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  130
Joined  2015-05-29
Lizzie Borden - 26 July 2017 01:26 PM

So craft them. grin DB doesn’t have to provide us with free equipment. We get enough free gold every 10 weeks to buy a dragon egg or a new piece of armor. They are a business. Those of us around for the World Event miss the new gear/companions associated with each phase. Getting an evolved Peerless Item was a feat. I still have gear I didn’t get out of the rare/legendary phases I permed because they were my best crafting accomplishment before dragons. Now a Peerless item is a guarantee. I don’t think that we need DB to divert from the bigger picture. We still need House Arryn. We still need a crackdown on cheaters. We still need a true PtP party system to eliminate the need for Extender.

That’s my opinion. Just be happy for the weapons/gear for free. As a long-time thief, there are very few actual “steal weapons”. Lann’s knife is one of them. I saved my tokens from every AvA since they were introduced until I had enough for it. I’m happy with it. I’m not going to give up Tyrion’s Crossbow for it but I have it. My oldest and best thief will probably wear it for the next Intrigue tales. Look at your tokens as free gear for Tales and stick Tale-specific seals on them.

I admire your dogged determination in pursuit of House Arryn but think coming onto other peoples ideas to poo poo them because yours needs to be considered first is in poor taste.

Posted: 26 July 2017 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2015-02-26
Rueby Blaze - 26 July 2017 03:39 PM
Lizzie Borden - 26 July 2017 01:26 PM

So craft them. :-) DB doesn’t have to provide us with free equipment. We get enough free gold every 10 weeks to buy a dragon egg or a new piece of armor. They are a business. Those of us around for the World Event miss the new gear/companions associated with each phase. Getting an evolved Peerless Item was a feat. I still have gear I didn’t get out of the rare/legendary phases I permed because they were my best crafting accomplishment before dragons. Now a Peerless item is a guarantee. I don’t think that we need DB to divert from the bigger picture. We still need House Arryn. We still need a crackdown on cheaters. We still need a true PtP party system to eliminate the need for Extender.

I admire your dogged determination in pursuit of House Arryn but think coming onto other peoples ideas to poo poo them because yours needs to be considered first is in poor taste.

The amount of time it takes to create a new weapon is far less than the about of time it takes to create a House.  If you just look at the fealty building, DB has to create 11 (plus the seal) new recipes compared to one or two recipes for token items.  Personally, I would like to see a Black Arrow Scorpion companion (based on Quborn’s design).  A companion that provides a def to all bonus equal to dragons, plus advantages to wound prevention and removing injured SSs from garrison.

Signature 

Elbert Florent CXXV
Growing Strong Alliance

Lannister 10     Tyrell 14     Greyjoy     3       Stark 26
Targaryen 18   Martel 26   Baratheon 18   Tully 10

Adolescent 3   Young 5   Baby 1

Posted: 08 August 2017 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2014-03-26

I was just coming to the forum to start a topic to beg for new AvA Token items. smile

I’d love to get some body slot equivalents of the hand slot items already available in the Tourney Grounds. Here I’ll make them for you. Just find some art!

Brienne’s Rainbow Cloak
Bat: 60
Tra: 60
Int: 0
+9% Battle Defense
+9% Trade Defense
-25% VP loss after an unsuccessful AvA Battle Defense
-25% VP loss after an unsuccessful AvA Trade Defense
He said that all his other knights wanted things of him, castles or honors or riches, but all that Brienne wanted was to die for him.

Ser Hugh’s Gorget
Bat: 60
Tra: 0
Int: 60
+9% Battle Defense
+9% Intrigue Defense
+25% chance to avoid a wound following a losing AvA battle defense
+25% chance to avoid a wound following a losing AvA intrigue defense
Forged especially for the hand’s tourney

Hollard Family Heirloom Necklace
Bat: 0
Tra: 60
Int: 60
+9% Trade Defense
+9% Intrigue Defense
+25% chance to inflict an additional wound on a defender following a successful trade attack
+25% chance to inflict an additional wound on a defender following a successful intrigue attack
“All those years I was a knight, I was truly a fool, and now that I am a fool I think I may find it in me to be a knight again.”

Posted: 08 August 2017 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  352
Joined  2014-11-25

While I think we do need armor similar to the token weapons we already have, IMO the 25% chance to inflict additional wounds is too high. The water bowl only has double 7% chances to inflict for each wound.

Signature 

I may or may not be related to Skynet and/or any other rogue AI

Posted: 10 August 2017 12:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Joined  2015-02-26
Moreese - 08 August 2017 04:26 PM

While I think we do need armor similar to the token weapons we already have, IMO the 25% chance to inflict additional wounds is too high. The water bowl only has double 7% chances to inflict for each wound.

Inflicting an additional wound on winning an AvA defense isn’t nearly as damaging as inflicting an additional wound on winning an AvA defense because of the mechanics of AvA.  If you send out a wave of 100 SSs, each one can get hurt at most once every 27 minutes, but sync attacks could mean 3000 hits on 100 defending SSs.

Signature 

Elbert Florent CXXV
Growing Strong Alliance

Posted: 10 August 2017 04:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-11-25
Elbert - 10 August 2017 12:54 AM

Inflicting an additional wound on winning an AvA defense isn’t nearly as damaging as inflicting an additional wound on winning an AvA defense because of the mechanics of AvA.  If you send out a wave of 100 SSs, each one can get hurt at most once every 27 minutes, but sync attacks could mean 3000 hits on 100 defending SSs.

True, but

Garen Karrade - 08 August 2017 11:36 AM

+25% chance to inflict an additional wound on a defender following a successful trade attack
+25% chance to inflict an additional wound on a defender following a successful intrigue attack

In this proposal, the wounds aren’t inflicted on an attacker but on a defender.

Signature 

Posted: 10 August 2017 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2014-03-26

Fair point. And in my defense, I wasn’t paying a lot of attention to balance issues as I did this. It was all sort of off the cuff. Since these are body slot items, it would make sense to change that buff to a chance to inflict an additional wound on an attacker following a successful defense.

But the point to reinforce is this: we need more token craftable items. smile

Posted: 10 August 2017 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-11-25
Garen Karrade - 10 August 2017 09:43 AM

But the point to reinforce is this: we need more token craftable items. smile

That we do, and IMO adding armor makes the most sense.

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2017 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Joined  2015-02-26
Moreese - 10 August 2017 04:36 AM
Elbert - 10 August 2017 12:54 AM

True, but

Garen Karrade - 08 August 2017 11:36 AM

In this proposal, the wounds aren’t inflicted on an attacker but on a defender.

I blame alcohol

Signature 

Elbert Florent CXXV
Growing Strong Alliance

Posted: 11 August 2017 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-11-25