Game of Thrones

NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/gota/

What’s the best for Sabotage wound %?
Posted: 18 July 2017 12:47 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-11-23

I will soon specialize in Spy and Sabotage for harmful actions, specifically wound chance.
I know a lot of people prefer Fight/Harass but roleplay and storywise, all my favourite gear goes into Intrigue, so I wish to stay like that.
My initial set for Sabotage is Roose Bolton’s Dining Attire with speed seals, Frey Pie filled with Tyene Sand’s but I’m stuck between Spear of Oberyn and Many-Faced-God’s Bowl, but the bonuses are confusing.
So to be specific, my question is:

What is the difference between “chance to inflict an additional wound” and “chance to inflict an additional wound on a defending SS when you win an AvA attack”?

Seemingly the obvious choice, does it make up for the 13% Intrigue bonus of the Spear of Oberyn? I am most likely going for the former, but I’d like to know exactly the difference between said effects.

Thank you in advance.

Posted: 18 July 2017 02:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2015-02-20

“chance to inflict an additional wound” and “chance to inflict an additional wound on a defending SS when you win an AvA attack”

Chance to inflict an additional wound works for any attack against another player

Chance to inflict an additional wound on a defending SS is ONLY for AvA and does not affect PtP.

My choice would be the latter unless you have some serious axes to grind and your target is foolish enough to put up defenders.

Posted: 18 July 2017 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  279
Joined  2014-10-29

I would go with the Many Faced Gods Bowl. Personally, I use Tyrion’s Crossbow for the added speed because whether you get a second wound or not, getting my SS back so I can send out multiple waves in an hour’s time has the same effect. I own 2 Oberyn’s Spears both of which are now on SS. I was happy when I bought them but speed has really become the new black for AvA, so all my gear is set towards that. You could increase your sabotage damage with some Mance Seals on your Main and the Crossbow and when you get a dragon, you’ll get increased speed for Intrigue attacks.

For general equipment of SS, I use the Assasin’s Knife found in the last tab of adventures, Level 90 The Gift, which gives 22 to Intrigue and +6% to Sabotage attacks.

Signature 

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Posted: 18 July 2017 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  370
Joined  2014-11-25

The bowl is best for killing, but in my opinion 45 gold is far too expensive for something that doesn’t earn me any points.

Signature 

I may or may not be related to Skynet and/or any other rogue AI

Posted: 18 July 2017 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-11-23
Lizzie Borden - 18 July 2017 12:15 PM

Personally, I use Tyrion’s Crossbow for the added speed because whether you get a second wound or not, getting my SS back so I can send out multiple waves in an hour’s time has the same effect.

That’s a pretty solid point.
I also have the Dornish Ship but I’m guiding all my speed bonuses towards Spy since I’m making use of the building bonus too.
And as I don’t have a main weapon up until I get Blackfyre, I may or may not choose the Spear and invest in Intrigue overall bonuses…

@all Thanks for the insight so far and for clarifying what the heck that description said