Game of Thrones

Character Reverted by system to 1 year prior
Posted: 07 July 2017 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2017-07-07

Hi. I have been playing for a couple of years and recently got my final house reincarnation. Then a couple of weeks back I logged in and my character had been reverted to my ORIGINAL CHARACTER. All perm SS, Items with Seals were gone. Wife was divorced. I did have some gold so that looks to survived - but unsure if right amount.

Helpdesk have had ticket for 2 weeks and still don’t believe me - and keep trying to just give me a few loaves of bread and some silver and say it’s my fault somehow.
They actually told me I RESTARTED. FFS! And somehow when I restarted I went to level 294 instantaneously??

So frustrating! Has anyone had anything similar happen?

- scott

Posted: 07 July 2017 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  123
Joined  2015-07-27

Isn’t it only possible to restart a current life?  I’ve never heard of this happening.  Sincere question you didn’t by chance login to an alt with a very similar name (assuming you have one)?

Posted: 07 July 2017 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2016-02-10

You can’t restart and have levels . You character goes back to a fresh from the box state . CSR’s I’ve found don’t have a clue about how this game works , or doesn’t as the case may be .

Posted: 07 July 2017 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2017-07-07

I definitely didnt log in to alt.

I can see the history/lineage of all my characters, but they are now in messed up order.
I actually have an older export of my lineage from helpdesk (when i was questioning why reincarnation dates werent right) that clearly shows this character was my first - same level and house and everything. They just arent taking time to.investigate properly

Posted: 07 July 2017 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2017-07-07

Any ideas on how to get this issue to someone who can help? Dont want to just cut my losses on 2 years of playing!

Posted: 07 July 2017 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  123
Joined  2015-07-27

According to Shan in these instances you can request that your ticket be escalated and looked at by a more senior person if you don’t feel the response is reasonable.

Posted: 07 July 2017 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2017-07-07

It’s already been with a supervisor for 7-8 days. He doesn’t even understand what has happened. It’s not that complicated - so pretty frustrating.
I asked him to escalate further a day or so ago, but no response.

Posted: 08 July 2017 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2014-11-27

it really shouldn’t be impossible for them to verify if what you say is true or not, should just be a matter of checking and comparing an old version of your account from a database backup with your current account details.

Posted: 08 July 2017 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2017-07-07

Yep - that is my thought. Why they arent getting it, I have no clue. But its pretty disappointing

Posted: 11 July 2017 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2016-12-09

The same thing happened with a member from my alliance, he logged into GOTA on a computer and all his progress was gone. He had to do all his reincarnations all over again. If he had sent in a ticket DB did nothing to help him through the glitch. my advise for new players is to screen shot your profiles once a week, so you can argue your progress.

Signature 

Leader of House of Fire

Posted: 11 July 2017 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2017-07-07

Okay, that is depressing.

Glad to know I’m not the only one though - thanks!