Game of Thrones

NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/gota/

Character Reverted by system to 1 year prior
Posted: 07 July 2017 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2017-07-07

Hi. I have been playing for a couple of years and recently got my final house reincarnation. Then a couple of weeks back I logged in and my character had been reverted to my ORIGINAL CHARACTER. All perm SS, Items with Seals were gone. Wife was divorced. I did have some gold so that looks to survived - but unsure if right amount.

Helpdesk have had ticket for 2 weeks and still don’t believe me - and keep trying to just give me a few loaves of bread and some silver and say it’s my fault somehow.
They actually told me I RESTARTED. FFS! And somehow when I restarted I went to level 294 instantaneously??

So frustrating! Has anyone had anything similar happen?

- scott

Posted: 07 July 2017 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  123
Joined  2015-07-27

Isn’t it only possible to restart a current life?  I’ve never heard of this happening.  Sincere question you didn’t by chance login to an alt with a very similar name (assuming you have one)?

Posted: 07 July 2017 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2016-02-10

You can’t restart and have levels . You character goes back to a fresh from the box state . CSR’s I’ve found don’t have a clue about how this game works , or doesn’t as the case may be .

Posted: 07 July 2017 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2017-07-07

I definitely didnt log in to alt.

I can see the history/lineage of all my characters, but they are now in messed up order.
I actually have an older export of my lineage from helpdesk (when i was questioning why reincarnation dates werent right) that clearly shows this character was my first - same level and house and everything. They just arent taking time to.investigate properly

Posted: 07 July 2017 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2017-07-07

Any ideas on how to get this issue to someone who can help? Dont want to just cut my losses on 2 years of playing!

Posted: 07 July 2017 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  123
Joined  2015-07-27

According to Shan in these instances you can request that your ticket be escalated and looked at by a more senior person if you don’t feel the response is reasonable.

Posted: 07 July 2017 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2017-07-07

It’s already been with a supervisor for 7-8 days. He doesn’t even understand what has happened. It’s not that complicated - so pretty frustrating.
I asked him to escalate further a day or so ago, but no response.

Posted: 08 July 2017 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2014-11-27

it really shouldn’t be impossible for them to verify if what you say is true or not, should just be a matter of checking and comparing an old version of your account from a database backup with your current account details.

Posted: 08 July 2017 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2017-07-07

Yep - that is my thought. Why they arent getting it, I have no clue. But its pretty disappointing

Posted: 11 July 2017 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2016-12-09

The same thing happened with a member from my alliance, he logged into GOTA on a computer and all his progress was gone. He had to do all his reincarnations all over again. If he had sent in a ticket DB did nothing to help him through the glitch. my advise for new players is to screen shot your profiles once a week, so you can argue your progress.

Signature 

Leader of House of Fire

Posted: 11 July 2017 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2017-07-07

Okay, that is depressing.

Glad to know I’m not the only one though - thanks!