Game of Thrones

Adjust VP calculations… 
Posted: 06 July 2017 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1063
Joined  2013-03-24

To include Defenders

Hitting a camp full of defenders and getting the minimum VP for a destroyed camp is ridiculous

I can hit a camp with 0 defenders and min% health and get max VP when that camp could have very low stats ... say less than 200

But if I hit that same camp with 0% health and a defender providing 1k+ defense I get the minimum VP

Just stupid.

Maybe just add this expression to the VP equation:

If CampDefended = true Then multiply VpReward x 2 (or 3, or 4, or 5, whatever)

Just a thought

(Yes this would multiply max VP as well if hitting defenders and winning)

Signature 

Officer in Winter is Coming Alliance
Schadenfreude - Bounty Hunter
Wight Wedding - Darkest Horror

Posted: 06 July 2017 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  278
Joined  2014-10-29

Excellent suggestion, imho.

+1000. Bringing back defensive VP would help alliance members still reincarnating to earn personal rewards even if they are not strong enough to get wins through hostile or beneficial actions.

In my alliance, 17 of our 26 war participants earned VP. That means that 9 players either contributed defenders or mats for camp/silver. Putting up a defender that can earn double VP for a successful rebuff could help alliance leaders evaluate the training needs of the players. It would offer us the “multitude of various paths” to a win.

Signature 

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Posted: 23 July 2017 03:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2016-12-04

That would be stupid as it would make ava even more perverted that its now. No defense would be best defense. Top alliances would just keep camps without defenders most of time with timers and others would attack one in tenth spot that has defenders because it gives better vp than undefended region leader.

Posted: 25 July 2017 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  184
Joined  2015-02-26

DB shouldn’t penalize defending unless they reward it as well.  Maybe 100 VP for a successful defense and 100 VP for beating a defender.

Signature 

Elbert Florent CXXV
Growing Strong Alliance

Lannister 10     Tyrell 14     Greyjoy     3       Stark 26
Targaryen 18   Martel 26   Baratheon 18   Tully 10

Adolescent 3   Young 5   Baby 1

Posted: 07 August 2017 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  369
Joined  2014-11-25

Double VP for hitting defenders is far too much anyhow and as others have pointed out, there really is no point in defending in the first place. The first thing that has to be done is to reward defending as well.

Finally, if any rewards are to be given to hitting defending SS I think there should be a very minimal VP gain for killing an opposing SS. I’m not even talking about double VP, but about 5 to 10 VP points at most. And only because most additional wound items cost gold, yet there’s nothing that would justify the cost.

Signature 

I may or may not be related to Skynet and/or any other rogue AI