Game of Thrones

NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/gota/

1 2 > 
Returned after 2yrs.  Old Alliance…
Posted: 08 June 2017 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2014-07-10

I’ve pretty much forgotten everything so I will have to do a story restart and relearn it all.

How do I find out what alliance I use to belong to? Any way?

Posted: 09 June 2017 02:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2015-02-20

Your lore book should still have what alliance you joined.  They don’t sound very memorable though.  Roots of the Godswood are looking for players - PM me if you are interested.

A lot has changed. Rather than restarting, do a reincarnation as you get to keep one of your talents.  I would suggest that you do look at doing a quick series of RI to get all the houses.  It makes it easier for crafting.

Posted: 09 June 2017 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Joined  2014-07-10

When I say restart, I mean that thing we’d do with the maester where you restarted your questlines from scratch.  I seem to remember we got to keep all our bought stuff and sellswords. Correct me if Im wrong. I dont know if we kept talents or not.

RI? Ive forgetten everything so the jargon is all but gone too. :( 
Which is why I need to restart. I cant continue cold turkey and by restarting, I can relearn while I go.

Posted: 09 June 2017 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2016-12-09

Go through Gammer, after you finish volume 1 or if that has long past. look up your linage on your character page the left side should have a reincarnation option, don’t worry about having no tutorial, you’ll get that annoying tutorial we all do.

Signature 

Leader of House of Fire

Posted: 09 June 2017 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Joined  2014-07-10

With reincarnation, I get to keep a talent?
Basically I want:

1- find old alliance (already explained to me how)
2- restart in the most beneficial manner.
3- Keep all my stuff that I bought with money or silver (items, weapons, etc)
4- Keep all my sellswords
5- keep all my gold & silver

Also, I seem to remember that each house had a special building that you’d keep when restarting. So everyone would restart as a new house every time to get them all. 

Which are those buildings? So I can figure which Im missing and start as the appropriate house.

Posted: 09 June 2017 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2016-12-09

To find out what fealty you swore, just look in your talents, they are the ones that aren’t unlocked. be sure to put the permanent talent point to that building. you can also find out which buildings need a talent building by looking in each fealty talents and seeing where you would be missing a permanent talent. (marked in purple).

The rest is just basic reincarnation preparation. first join a alliance and build up vp in AVA, but don’t claim it. Use gold to rename swords and items you want, produce a lot of bread. Everything that is permanent you get to keep, coin and non-permanent items go the way of the dinosaur. (why you should not claim your vp awards until after you had reincarnated).

As for alliances there are several good ones like Bannermen Without Borders others that are currently open and used to answering questions.

Signature 

Leader of House of Fire

Posted: 09 June 2017 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Joined  2014-07-10

so basically I need to make sure my sellswords are permanent.

Silver disappears?
Gold?. I assume gold is kept since people pay money for it…

Posted: 09 June 2017 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Old Gods
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  431
Joined  2014-06-03

Hi Whippersnapper

To help answer your questions about what you keep when restarting/reincarnating:

* Keep all current gold.
* Keep all premium items (those items with a gold price). Items that you keep say “permanent” in their description.
* Keep items that have a gold cost associated with them (so *unspent* speed-up items).
* Keep Power.
* Keep earned achievements.
* Keep earned titles.
* Keep membership in your Alliance.
* Any premium building upgrades unlocked with gold remain unlocked but will need to be rebuilt.
* Any premium talent unlocked with gold remains unlocked.
* Do not keep level, silver, buildings, or items.
* Do not keep progress through the storyline.
* Do not “gain back” any gold spent on speed-ups or used to purchase silver.
* Do not keep pacts (but you can re-form them).

I hope this helps!

Signature 

Ruadhan
Assistant Community Manager, Disruptor Beam

Posted: 09 June 2017 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Joined  2014-07-10

Ok so I found my previous fealties. Now I don’t remember why I did what I did, but I’ve always been a stickler so there must’ve been an advantageous reason for it, but its been so long ago that I can’t remember what. 

I’m sure you guys will know though.

So here they are (in order):
Next FOUR Houses: Martell Including my current one. Which was barely started when I stopped years ago.  Surely there must’ve been a logical reason for this at this point.
What could it have been?

Tyrell- 2nd house and likely still not versed enough for it to have rhyme or reason other than perhaps getting the different house-specific buildings
Baratheon (first house so being new, I likely just chose favorite)

Posted: 09 June 2017 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2016-12-09

after martell go for targaren, cloth is a much needed resource especially for reincarnators, plus reduced dragon hatching.

also two years ago the AVA system was not as user friendly like it is now, that may be why, also farming was a really bad issue for smaller alliances.

Signature 

Leader of House of Fire

Posted: 10 June 2017 02:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Joined  2014-07-10

Im recalling something to do with points that you got on each faction that went towards certain fighting skills. I believe you kept them after RI.  I think I was trying to gather fighting bonuses or something, but I cant be sure until I look harder and relearn some stuff.

EDIT: Ah, I figured out the reason I chose Martell over and over. It’s Sand Steed (faster completion of all Quests) talent bonus.  I was maxxing it & making it permanent.

Now to figure out how to make my good sworn swords permanent.

Posted: 10 June 2017 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2014-12-20

To turn your sworn swords permanent you unlock a seal slot that’s on the reverse side of the SS ‘s card . Normally it costs 3 gold to do this .

Posted: 10 June 2017 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Joined  2014-07-10

Ah yes renaming them correct?

Also, I assume a similar process for items?

Posted: 10 June 2017 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2016-12-09

just rename them it’s cheaper and still makes them permanent.

Signature 

Leader of House of Fire

Posted: 10 June 2017 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Joined  2014-07-10
Andry Forel - 10 June 2017 09:20 AM

To turn your sworn swords permanent you unlock a seal slot that’s on the reverse side of the SS ‘s card . Normally it costs 3 gold to do this .

Ok so any sworn sword I have with at least 1 unlocked seal slot is permanent?

It’s all coming back to me now

I remember that I bought all my swords with silver and I had them for multiple reincarnations. They all have at least 1 seal slot unlocked. I’m sure of it.  I’m guessing I thought:

-3 gold for a seal slot = better value than 2 gold for renaming (doesn’t improve game).

Posted: 11 June 2017 04:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2014-12-20

It is cheaper , but using that slot gets you an active slot you can use forever . I never renamed always did slots . It is however your choice between cheap and better use of your gold .

1 2 > 
1 of 2