Game of Thrones

Ice vs Oathkeeper
Posted: 18 May 2017 04:29 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2016-08-19

Which weapon is better, Ice or Oathkeeper? I’m level 108 and my battle stats are at 126 total. I’ve sworn to House Stark. Shall I use the Oathkeeper weapon to boost my aid ability, or use Ice to give me a greater battle stat?

Posted: 18 May 2017 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2017-05-18

(did you reincarnate already or is it your first life?) due to “aid” isnt the most usefull action ingame, i’d say go for Ice in any case! you can evolve it for even more power, so it easily tops oathkeeper there and you have all battle covered also.

Posted: 18 May 2017 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2016-06-13

From those 2 i would choose Oathkeeper due to speed bonuses. You can also upgrade Ice in Hodfast building, as you are a Stark you will not need to Reincarnate for this upgrade.

Posted: 18 May 2017 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2017-05-18

speed as an argument for oathkeeper makes no sense, coz the evolved Ice has even 3% more speed for adventures and quests. For an AvA speed item both are useless.

Posted: 18 May 2017 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2016-06-13
Ibbenese - 18 May 2017 09:11 AM

speed as an argument for oathkeeper makes no sense, coz the evolved Ice has even 3% more speed for adventures and quests. For an AvA speed item both are useless.

As i understood, Musa dont have evolved Ice yet and evolve can took weeks. So, IMHO Oathkeeper is the best choice for now.

Posted: 18 May 2017 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2014-03-26

Between the two, the answer is Ice hands down. Neither are great for AvA because they lack an all-purpose speed boost. If you’re not big on AvA, go with Ice and evolve it in the Holdfast as soon as possible. If you want to do AvA, consider getting the Lost Longsword and evolving it. If you don’t have the patience to do that, go with Needle or Obara’s Spear (or wait for one the deal that has the Season 6 Fight or Harass items).

Posted: 18 May 2017 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2016-08-19
Ibbenese - 18 May 2017 07:35 AM

(did you reincarnate already or is it your first life?) due to “aid” isnt the most usefull action ingame, i’d say go for Ice in any case! you can evolve it for even more power, so it easily tops oathkeeper there and you have all battle covered also.

no reincarnation, this is my first one.

Posted: 18 May 2017 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2016-08-19

thanks for all the replies. it’ll help a lot, ice is more popular it seems, seems like the better choice.

Posted: 18 May 2017 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1345
Joined  2014-11-29

Ice is the better weapon between the 2 since you can evolve it.

If you plan doing many lives and want to focus on battle needle is your best option.

If you want overall speed Podrick’s axe is best for that.

If this is your first time playing and is your first life I would hold off on spending any money in the game until you actually learn it and know what you really want to specialize in.

I wish someone had told me that when I started playing. Hold off on the spending until you are absolutely certain and ask tons of questions!

Hope that helps.

Posted: 20 May 2017 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  128
Joined  2015-02-04
Valkryie - 18 May 2017 02:41 PM

Ice is the better weapon between the 2 since you can evolve it.

If you plan doing many lives and want to focus on battle needle is your best option.

If you want overall speed Podrick’s axe is best for that.

If this is your first time playing and is your first life I would hold off on spending any money in the game until you actually learn it and know what you really want to specialize in.

I wish someone had told me that when I started playing. Hold off on the spending until you are absolutely certain and ask tons of questions!

Hope that helps.

I concur with Valkyrie’s response.  It takes time to understand the game and get an idea of what you eventually want to do with your character.  Speed is important in many facets of the game, however, as you build up your character, you will reach the max speed (70% less of total time) and some gear will become less useful. Understanding the difference between faster attacks, faster adventures, faster PtP, faster Battle attacks, etc. is important.

Posted: 20 May 2017 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  149
Joined  2015-02-26

Ice and Oathkeeper are both great weapons.  Although I don’t ever equip them on my MC any more, they are my default battle weapons for tales. And obviously the upgraded version of Ice is far superior to Oathkeeper, but unless you have already been crafting MC Longbows, you are looking at a time commitment of about two weeks to complete the upgrade. 

The thing is, no one really has enough information to tell you what the best choice for your game playing style is.  How often do you play the game?  How long have you been playing the game?  How much gold do you have?  Have you purchased with gold any other items in the game?  Do you plan on reincarnating? 

Speed is important in this game.  If max out your quest speed at 70%, you can go from completing a life in a week to two days.  But that doesn’t matter much if you are only playing the game casually.  What’s the point in completely a quest in 45 minutes, if you are only checking in on the game every 4 hours.

And if you aren’t spending any real money in the game, you’ve got to be smart with your gold.  It will take 11 weeks of playing to get a free Ice (not including tales and AvA).  And if you are saving up, you will probably have plenty of time to get the resources you need to upgrade Ice. 

But Ice isn’t that great in AvA.  The key to success in AvA is maxing out your attack speed.  Neither Ice nor Oathkeeper are going to help with that.  Podrick’s Axe or Needle, may be better for you as the attack speeds apply to all actions and will be useful in completing your lives to open up fealty buildings, running adventures, and fighting in AvA.

But if you plan on NEVER investing any money in the game, evolving the Glorious Greatsword in the Smith may be your best option.  It’s a free peerless weapon with an attack and speed boost.  Yes, it’s not as good as Ice, but the 55 gold you spend on Ice can be used to open up seal slots.  In a few weeks their will be a seal slot sale and you can unlock all four slots for 23 gold vs 30.  With the extra gold you save, you could nearly buy 3 Rangers of the Watch Seals and turn the Glorious Greatsword into 8% battle attack and 5% battle speed.  Will it be the best weapon in the game, no, but it will be a pretty good weapon for the same price as buying Ice.

Signature 

Elbert Florent CXXV
Growing Strong Alliance

Lannister 10     Tyrell 14     Greyjoy     3       Stark 26
Targaryen 18   Martel 26   Baratheon 18   Tully 10

Adolescent 3   Young 5   Baby 1

Posted: 27 May 2017 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Gold Cloaks
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1225
Joined  2013-07-11

A lot depends on what direction you end up going in the game - they are both good to have.

Another “free” option is Jason’s Sword Reforged, as it’s all purpose and increases Sword Sword experience - very helpful when you are trying to level up SS to do better in quests and adventures

Signature 

Friend me First - Raven me for Alliance Invite

My dragons: Stjarnia,    Tyr Hel Ullr Mani   Dagr Lofn Buri Elli    Nott Vali   Joro   Sif

‹‹ SS Training      So Yeah ››