Game of Thrones

NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/gota/

1 2 3 >  Last ›
AvA Rogue Phase - Please report any issues or post feedback here!!
Posted: 08 May 2017 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Old Gods
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  431
Joined  2014-06-03

This thread is for the Rogue Phase which runs 11:00 AM ET (15:00 UTC) on Thursday, May 11 until 11:00 AM ET (15:00 UTC) on Friday, May 12.
Please post your bugs, feedback and overall impressions here for the team.

This thread will be seen by our Producer, Product Manager, Designers, Engineers, QA and support staff as needed.

Please note: The button may be up and live in the game so when the time comes, everyone won’t need to restart but AvA will not be live in the game until the start time. Thank you.

BUG REPORT FORMAT (Example)

Description: After I first logged in, I went to the AvA regions and no camps were there. I restarted the game, but they still didn’t show up in AvA.
Here’s how you can test it:

Reproduction steps:
1. Head into the game.
2. Click on the AvA button on the top-right.
4. Head to a region.
5. Look for any camp icons.
6. Note that no camp icons are there.
Expected: I am able to see camps in AvA.
Actual: I cannot see camps in AvA.

FEEDBACK or IDEA REPORT FORMAT (Example)
1. Explain what you were doing when you had the idea or problem.
2. Detail how you would like it changed and why.
3. Be respectful and give as much information and reasoning as possible.
4. Include screenshots or specifics when relevant.

Please keep all posts respectful so we can help to deliver the best AvA experience.
Thank you in advance for your participation and best of luck in the Rogue Phase!!

Signature 

Ruadhan
Assistant Community Manager, Disruptor Beam

Posted: 08 May 2017 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1398
Joined  2013-07-02

all well & good..but first..people are still waiting for slayer rewards..6 days is just not fair on the honest people that play AVA..

second.. we details as per the changes for this phase.any ideas when we will get them?

Signature 

Posted: 08 May 2017 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2016-08-30

This Rogue Phase has the stink of drastic change in the near future. A change that will screw long time players that have spent time and money building their SS and equipment.

Posted: 08 May 2017 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2016-02-14
Darren C Bird - 08 May 2017 01:08 PM

all well & good..but first..people are still waiting for slayer rewards..6 days is just not fair on the honest people that play AVA..

second.. we details as per the changes for this phase.any ideas when we will get them?

Can’t speak to the rewards, bu the new blog says: “A detailed change log explaining the specific rules for Rogue (e.g., what actions are worth and the duration of cooldown timers), will be made available in our forums on Tuesday, May 9. “

https://www.disruptorbeam.com/blog/2017/5/8/rogue-phase-superlatives-titles

Posted: 08 May 2017 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-02

most important thing is get rid of these cheats from our game..& anything that aids that is fine by me..

Signature 

Posted: 09 May 2017 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  817
Joined  2013-11-05

Hrmm…You’ve got mass emo over possible scripting and shared accounts in AvA and the proposed new system vastly rewards account sharing and alts while making it hard for small alliances to fill regions?  Not to mention less penalty if someone did script attacks.  Doesn’t seem like a very productive trade even if it t does ruin the GP benefit of a powerleveled account.

The attack change ups got me interested enough to look at the game again, but I’ll be shocked if the end result isnt the same.

Posted: 09 May 2017 07:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-09-23

IMHO DB is undermining the most fundamental economic value: TRUST. The trust of the people that believed they (DB) were able to actually enforce the rules they set and that an investment of time and money made in the game was protected and therefore of certain permanency.

The answer to cheating is not and can not be changing the rules. People will always try to cheat. The obligation of the organizer is to enforce the rules, identifying and penalizing the people who cheated.

Changing the rules is making all the honest players pay for having trusted that the effort they made under a certain set of rules is worth something and can not be frustrated by the missbehaviour of others.

I recognize that change is important and constant. But you should not change the basics on which the system is founded. As every role playing game, character building and increasing strenght is fundamental part of it (expressed in RI, leveling and crafting). The concept of Rogue is exactly the opposit = make everybody with more then a week of playtime equal.

There is no set of rules that eliminates cheating. I am unable to foresee which incentive for cheating the Rogue rules will set, but they will. So the cheaters will stay and adapt. Which means the problem is not solved but will only reappear in a new form.

What DB would undoubtetly accomplish is to seriuously frustrate everybody that invested a lot of time to get a powerfull character (legally) only to be told that it was all for nothing.

Posted: 09 May 2017 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2015-06-22

I have a question regarding camp values. In the blog post, it states that the camp primary stat is set to 1000, and the secondary ones to 800 (without any bonus for camp type). In the current AvA design, the actual camp values at full silver (2M) are at 200% the base values, going to 2000 for a battle or intrigue camp. Will the 200% still be the norm for the Rogue design, or is the 1000 stat the actual stat at full (2M) morale?

Signature 

“A man must know how to look before he can hope to see.” – Three-eyed crow

Posted: 10 May 2017 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2013-10-23

To get it clear: I have posted my reaction (with questions) to the changelog blog post under Rogue AvA Phase FAQ`s. And see this thread for the time when we play rogue actually. Wright or wrong?

Posted: 10 May 2017 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-02
NGH - 09 May 2017 07:02 PM

IMHO DB is undermining the most fundamental economic value: TRUST. The trust of the people that believed they (DB) were able to actually enforce the rules they set and that an investment of time and money made in the game was protected and therefore of certain permanency.

The answer to cheating is not and can not be changing the rules. People will always try to cheat. The obligation of the organizer is to enforce the rules, identifying and penalizing the people who cheated.

Changing the rules is making all the honest players pay for having trusted that the effort they made under a certain set of rules is worth something and can not be frustrated by the missbehaviour of others.

I recognize that change is important and constant. But you should not change the basics on which the system is founded. As every role playing game, character building and increasing strenght is fundamental part of it (expressed in RI, leveling and crafting). The concept of Rogue is exactly the opposit = make everybody with more then a week of playtime equal.

There is no set of rules that eliminates cheating. I am unable to foresee which incentive for cheating the Rogue rules will set, but they will. So the cheaters will stay and adapt. Which means the problem is not solved but will only reappear in a new form.

What DB would undoubtetly accomplish is to seriuously frustrate everybody that invested a lot of time to get a powerfull character (legally) only to be told that it was all for nothing.

+1.. exactly how i feel.. 4 years playing this game.. finding it difficult to see any light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to scripting & account sharing.. make some rules & enforce them.!! if people dont like them ..they will have to get used to them…but changing everyone to 20gp for rogue..is just plain wrong.

Signature 

Posted: 10 May 2017 09:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2015-05-03

Scripting has to go.The game needs to be played on a level pitch or just have two groupings.Active script users and players playing DB’s GOTA.

Posted: 11 May 2017 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  457
Joined  2014-07-20

Can’t garrison but 20 SS,
Can’t upgrade.

Posted: 11 May 2017 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Old Gods
RankRank
Total Posts:  93
Joined  2016-10-06
David Daxos - 11 May 2017 11:29 AM

Can’t garrison but 20 SS,
Can’t upgrade.

Hi David,
Rogue only has a single upgrade, to Level 1 (so you can stay focused on actions over upgrades). Sorry, that ‘upgrade’ button doesn’t go away because it is following its normal AvA behavor. But it won’t work after level 1.  And there is a 20 GP limit on garrisoning, so what you are seeing is correct.

Signature 

Brian
Product Manager, ReviQ

Posted: 11 May 2017 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  2015-06-27

Unable to participate. When I attempt to add a single sworn sword to a garrison, it informs me that player has already participated in AvA with another alliance. I have not been in another alliance for quite some time. smile

Image Attachments
Capture.PNG

Posted: 11 May 2017 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2013-06-21

Harass action description (on send screen) does not indicate that it gives health to attacking camp, but the change log indicates that it takes 1700 from target and gives 1700 to self.  Please verify/confirm and update.

Posted: 11 May 2017 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-06-03

What have you done? This is madness. Passives too high, active VP worthless

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 5