Game of Thrones

NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/gota/

1 2 > 
Rogue AvA Phase FAQs
Posted: 28 April 2017 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Old Gods
RankRank
Total Posts:  93
Joined  2016-10-06

(Updated May 8)

Hello Bannermen,
As we prepare for the special event Rogue AvA phase on May 11, we have been asked a number of excellent questions we want to share with everyone as an ongoing list of FAQs.  We will update this list as we continue to discuss the phase with you and as we work out the technical details for it.  Additional questions, or requests for follow-up information, can be added to this thread and we’ll do our best to update as quickly as possible.

Why are you running Rogue?
Rogue will provide two important things for players. The first is a new experience, which so many of you have been asking for these last few months. The second is the opportunity to try out some significant gameplay changes and to see what they add to AvA.

Why is Rogue being run on a weekday (when it is harder for many players to participate)?
Adjusting so many AvA elements at once, while exciting, means we need to have all backend folks available to monitor the phase and handle any unforeseen issues that might arise. This means running the phase on a weekday, when the greatest number of people will be here.

Who should play Rogue?
Any available Alliance members who possess an adventurous spirit and an open mind, and might be interested in something different.

Are there rewards in Rogue?
Yes, the Regional Titles will be offered, along with Alliance and personal threshold rewards, as usual.  We will adjust the personal threshold levels to be achievable within the 24 hour phase.

Will there be Superlatives for Rogue?
Yes! Superlatives will be available for each of the nine regions, as well as the Domination Superlative across all regions, as usual. Note, however, since Rogue is a one day phase, we will NOT be posting the Daily Superlative Standings. We will simply announce the Superlative results in a blog following the phase.

How did you decide what to change in AvA to make Rogue?
In making the changes for Rogue, we kept three goals in mind: Increase active (over more passive) gameplay; promote social interaction; increase the need for strategic and tactical gameplay.

How will we know what specifically has been changed for Rogue?
On Tuesday, May 9th we will post a ‘changelog’ Blog that will provide details on the changes we’ve made for the Rogue Phase (e.g., the stats for the Actions). This log blog will be intended as the single source of truth for the Rogue Phase ‘rules’ and a link to it will be provided in the ‘How To’ section of AvA.

Why are so many AvA elements changed for Rogue? Don’t most experiments just adjust one thing?
While Rogue is an experiment as far as being never tried before, it is not a scientific experiment. Several elements are being adjusted in an effort to reach our goals because so many of AvA’s elements are interconnected and require multiple changes to achieve any one of our goals.

Will our normal Alliance strategies work in Rogue?
We have designed Rogue to be an experience where the normal rules don’t always apply and where the usual strategies might not work. It is meant to be a challenge and a learning experience, so you might want to be ready to adjust the way you play for this one.

Will tactics work in Rogue?
Per the changelog, the speed-related tactics will not work in Rogue, but the others will.

Will there be Alliance Challenges associated with Rogue?
No; Alliance Challenges will not be associated with Rogue.

Will we need or receive spoils?
There are no use or awarding of spoils in Rogue as there is only a single camp level.

Will you be asking for our feedback on Rogue?
Yes! We will create a ‘Rogue Feedback’ thread in the Forums for you to provide whatever constructive ideas, observations and critiques you might have. We will announce the creation of that thread on Facebook as well as here.

Announcement blog here: https://www.disruptorbeam.com/blog/2017/4/26/announcing-the-rogue-ava-phase

Signature 

Brian
Product Manager, ReviQ

Posted: 28 April 2017 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1398
Joined  2013-07-02

after the slayer phase.. being unable to log in yesterday for almost 7 hours.. results pending issue..have zero confidence in DB servers being able to cope with such a manic event..traffic today during the day is minor compared with a 1 day phase :(

Signature 

Posted: 28 April 2017 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  157
Joined  2014-07-01

In principle, I’m all for it, and thanks for listening to us. In reality….well, I guess we’ll all see together, players and DB alike. smile

Signature 

Tremond Swann, Hand of the Queen

Posted: 28 April 2017 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2015-02-18

I am sure Darren was in my section last year at the football game telling us all how the play would unfold and we would lose the game.  section117 right Darren?  And in fairness we did lose the game. 

Posted: 28 April 2017 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-12-11

I would enjoy the opportunity.  Don’t know that I’ll get much support.  I’ll postpone reincarnation to try it.

Posted: 01 May 2017 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  457
Joined  2014-07-20

I’m also ready to give this a go.
The ideal has been bandied about for a while, I see no negatives with the possible exception that low tiered.. Small Alliances, will be at a disadvantage in respect to the rule,

“Players cannot directly replenish Camp Health and Silver Pool with silver, but will have to replenish them through actions, to increase active gameplay.”

Not that I see an answer to it.

Am I seeing it wrong?

Posted: 01 May 2017 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-02
David Daxos - 01 May 2017 08:28 AM

The ideal has been bandied about for a while, I see no negatives with the possible exception that low tiered.. Small Alliances, will be at a disadvantage in respect to the rule,

“Players cannot directly replenish Camp Health and Silver Pool with silver, but will have to replenish them through actions, to increase active gameplay.”

Am I seeing it wrong?

+1 i like the ideas behind it.. ava as it stands at the moment.. is boring & dull.. needs a good shake up.. vps for killing ss would have been nice.. but will DB servers take the strain???

Signature 

Posted: 02 May 2017 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  457
Joined  2014-07-20
Darren C Bird - 01 May 2017 08:31 AM
David Daxos - 01 May 2017 08:28 AM

Am I seeing it wrong?

+1 i like the ideas behind it.. ava as it stands at the moment.. is boring & dull.. needs a good shake up.. vps for killing ss would have been nice.. but will DB servers take the strain???

Well From past experience, as you well know, the odds are that something will crash. more likely at the start, but I hope it runs smooth.

Posted: 02 May 2017 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2015-02-04

A weekday tournament to test our skills at adapting to drastic changes in AvA mechanics - why not?

Posted: 03 May 2017 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  205
Joined  2013-11-14

What’s your plan for spoils?

We have now just spent a week gathering massive amounts of Slayer spoils, and I do hope that we get more than the time until Rouge Phase to spend these on Alliance Challenges!

Posted: 03 May 2017 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1063
Joined  2013-03-24
Edmund Blackadder - 03 May 2017 12:48 AM

What’s your plan for spoils?

We have now just spent a week gathering massive amounts of Slayer spoils, and I do hope that we get more than the time until Rouge Phase to spend these on Alliance Challenges!

From the Blog

Camps restricted to a single level

So shouldn’t need any spoils for Rogue

I imagine we won’t receive spoils either

So ACs should take Slayer spoils til the next regular AvA is over

Signature 

Officer in Winter is Coming Alliance
Schadenfreude - Bounty Hunter
Wight Wedding - Darkest Horror

Posted: 09 May 2017 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-02

phase is meant to start in less than 2 days?? any chance of the info . please smile

Signature 

Posted: 09 May 2017 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  136
Joined  2014-04-28
Darren C Bird - 09 May 2017 03:14 PM

phase is meant to start in less than 2 days?? any chance of the info . please smile

give them a chance to post the info. they said they would today…  :p

Signature 

The Black Rose

Posted: 09 May 2017 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-02
mouldydragoon - 09 May 2017 03:42 PM
Darren C Bird - 09 May 2017 03:14 PM

give them a chance to post the info. they said they would today…  :p

they also said they would sort out slayer rewards..1 week later..do you have yours?

Signature 

Posted: 09 May 2017 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  335
Joined  2013-04-01

https://www.disruptorbeam.com/blog/2017/5/9/rogue-ava-phase-changelog

Posted: 09 May 2017 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  335
Joined  2013-04-01