Game of Thrones

NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/gota/

Reincarnation bugs m
Posted: 23 April 2017 02:14 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2015-10-27

I respectfully request that someone, preferably from DB, looks at the various glitches in the prologue and first chapter.  Doing RI is painful enough without having to refresh the game so often.  I don’t know if new players encounter the same issues, but it would explain why so few stick around for very long.

Some of the more obvious irritants are:

If you don’t wait for the prompt to chose a title, banner, etc, it makes you a nameless, faceless, bannerless nonentity that can only open the character from the bottom bar.  The prompts are so delayed that you often have to refresh the game simply to get the prompt to appear

Once the Sept and Godswood are built (Vol1 Ch2), it is necessary to refresh the game in order to get the chapter to be considered finished.  The lore book says that the building is ‘done’, but you cannot proceed to the next chapter until you have refreshed.  More often, you have to upgrade them to get it to work.  Sometimes even that doesn’t work!

The Prologue is where you teach everyone the basics of the game.  Please remove the prompts from Volume 1.  Challenges aren’t so complex that they need to be explained EVERY time you enter one!  Whilst initially amusing, it is also somewhat irritating to be told that your ‘decorative blade’ is finished, every time you make a loaf of bread.

I won’t even mention how many times you get the ‘timed out’ notification.

The Captain and the Kraken have no place in Volume 1.  It is not a problem for those of us who have run RI for a while, mainly because we all just ignore the silly thing, but it is far too difficult for new players.

Posted: 23 April 2017 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  420
Joined  2013-12-08

Agree completely!

These issues were reported a lot of times. For DB this is a very low priority but I hope they will realize and decide to do something about it.

At least a simple option to skip the Prologue and start with Volume 1. Every game has this option.

Best regards and have a nice game

Signature 

Self-appointed Monitor of the Book of Nod, Watcher of the Red Star and the Coming of the Final Nights

A HUGE WAVE OF ZOMBIES IS APPROACHING