Game of Thrones

Ruadhan
Posted: 17 February 2017 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2016-05-02

<snip>Posting details about tickets and using real names of staff members is against our ToS - ~Shan

ISIS Egyptian Goddess of Magic and Love
One of the best known of the ancient goddesses, Isis Goddess represents the archetype of wifely love and devoted motherhood.

Posted: 17 February 2017 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  366
Joined  2013-12-08
f3rdthompson - 17 February 2017 05:42 AM

Feb 15 at 6:40 PM
<snip>Posting details about tickets and using real names of staff members is against our ToS - ~Shan

ISIS Egyptian Goddess of Magic and Love
One of the best known of the ancient goddesses, Isis Goddess represents the archetype of wifely love and devoted motherhood.

I don’t want to go too much in this discussion… but the real name of the Egyptian goddess is Aset, while Isis was the ancient greek (and latin) word.

I think to avoid problems and at the same time to keep a link to the ancient goddess of the Nile the best option was to use the original name and not the common translation

Signature 

Self-appointed Monitor of the Book of Nod, Watcher of the Red Star and the Coming of the Final Nights

A HUGE WAVE OF ZOMBIES IS APPROACHING

Posted: 17 February 2017 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Gold Cloaks
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1199
Joined  2013-07-11

I’m pretty sure we could find any number of players who have screenshots of the alliance description and ravens that would suggest the Goddess had nothing to do with the name you chose wink

Signature 

Friend me First - Raven me for Alliance Invite

My dragons: Stjarnia,    Tyr Hel Ullr Mani   Dagr Lofn Buri Elli    Nott Vali   Joro   Sif

Posted: 17 February 2017 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2016-05-02

so what do you mean? and send out your shots, as being Egyptian-American-person of color, i say ISIS, in the meaning as stated             Many politicians and media organizations that have chosen ISIL rather than ISIS have said they went with the former as a paean to grammar. When you translate the Arabic name for the group of insurgents (Al-Dawla Al-Islamiya fi al-Iraq wa al-Sham) into English, many argue that using “the Levant” (a.k.a. ISIL) to describe the region is most accurate—as this WorldViews post from June

Posted: 17 February 2017 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2016-05-02

House Democrats last year decided after a long debate that they too would call the extremist group ISIL—partly because ISIS was a name that first belonged to a goddess, and then to thousands of women who took said goddess’s name, before a terrorist group claimed it.

Posted: 17 February 2017 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Old Gods
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  269
Joined  2014-06-03

f3rdthompson,
You were informed that the alliance name you chose was not acceptable to use in our game and given the opportunity to choose a new one. If you have further issues please submit a ticket via Zendesk http://www.disruptorbeam.com/support
I am now closing this thread.

Signature 

Ruadhan
Assistant Community Manager, Disruptor Beam

‹‹ defense SS selection      Rebel Phase ››