Game of Thrones

NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/gota/

< 1 2
Black Screen after loading the game
Posted: 03 October 2016 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2014-03-17
Guderian - 30 September 2016 03:55 AM

Don’t stress about your inventory too much. This “partial load” problem, as I call it, has been going on for years. It comes and goes, affecting different people at different times. Usually a particular server is the cause, but sometimes there are other sources. Larger inventories do cause more lag, but that’s simply not the problem for 99% of the people who report this issue. Some days it loads completely and some it doesn’t. I’ve even seen many people say they experience this issue even though they are freshly reincarnated, implying a very, very small inventory.

“This is a known issue which we are looking into fixing in a future build. Once this issue has been addressed, it will be listed in our Build Notes”

So much wrong with that sentence… They don’t look into this issue, or it wouldn’t still be happening after years of people experiencing it, regardless of player inventory size. Therefore, the issue will never be “addressed”. And of course the part of any such correction being in the Build Notes is a lie as well. Even on the rare occasion when they do make a change intended to fix a problem, they usually forget to put it in the build notes. Furthermore, nearly every “fixed” issue returns in a later build anyway. And once that happens, they never fix their unfixing of it, so it’s there to stay.

I got the exact same answer last AvA phase because I was not receiving my VP (nor was my alliance getting any vp for my attacks… “I have forwarded this concern to the technical team and have flagged up the issue. Once this issue has been addressed, it will be listed in our Build Notes, which can be found each week here: http://forums.disruptorbeam.com/gota/viewforum/20” so that must be their standard answer in hopes that we go away.

Signature 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘Blood In Front of Us- Blood Behind

Posted: 15 October 2016 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-04-06

Be careful, it is a planned buffer-overflow-based denial-of-service attack against the servers and causes issues there. It is strictly against the ToS.
At the other hand there is an issue somewhere under the graphical interface and remained hidden during the years and not fixed. The start of the game is one of the largest information package from the server side. If you have to many items the package gets larger and larger. Based on the packs from other, involved players there could be something near the SS area, a small, 1-2MB sized buffer which is not enough to store your army and the generation (response) crashes there. The issue is more common over 1000 SS and the threshold is lower if the SS are equipped and/or sealed.
Standard support can ask you to drop items – try to cooperate with them and exchange the lists.

Posted: 19 October 2016 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  483
Joined  2015-12-23

New build causing problems as soon as it was activated, game froze, can’t reload, black screen of death.

Signature 

Arya Serious?

Posted: 23 October 2016 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  457
Joined  2014-07-20

Repeated attempts today, can’t get past the Black screen.

Posted: 18 May 2017 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2014-09-08

Thanks Tofu. After 42 hours I finally read your advice and game is up and working again - just in time for AvA. May the shit of a thousand sheep fetilise your grass gardens for 1000 years

Posted: 31 May 2017 11:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2015-02-11

Thanks Tofu that worked beutifully

Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2017 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2017-06-01

I can’t even get in to do that.  What do I do?

Posted: 03 June 2017 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2014-03-09

Borders only showing again for multiples of us…....

Posted: 23 June 2017 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-11-18

I have been down for 4 days.. after having this issue come up 2 months ago.. Support did a lot of stacking of stuff.  Helped till now..  Guess I have reached the limit of the game..  :( :(

< 1 2
2 of 2