Game of Thrones

NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/gota/

D-I-V-O-R-C-E
Posted: 05 August 2016 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-07-14

grin  please tell me there is an easy way - other than reincarnation - to divorce a GOTA spouse?

Posted: 05 August 2016 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  483
Joined  2015-12-23

There is a link somewhere which after pressing will automatically divorce you. I’ll go look…..I think it’s in the wiki.

Signature 

Arya Serious?

Posted: 05 August 2016 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2015-12-23

Here (from wiki):
http://gotascent.wikia.com/wiki/Pacts

Breaking a Pact
There is no in-game way of breaking a Marriage Pact once it has been accepted. The following links can be used to remove a current Pact, but are unsupported by Disruptor Beam, and may result in unintended effects in your game. 

http://gota-www.disruptorbeam.com/play/pact_remove/?type_symbol=marriage

https://apps.facebook.com/gamethrones/play/pact_remove/?type_symbol=marriage

Signature 

Arya Serious?

Posted: 05 August 2016 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2015-07-14

thanks for the links!

have tried the first link a couple times today only to get a 500 error.

the problem was that copy/pasting the link into address bar results in error: link is preceded by forum address and all punctuation is transformed to ASCII. edited to appear correctly and VOILA! i am D-I-V-O-R-C-E-D!

why there isn’t a simple button to do this in-game is beyond me!

Posted: 05 August 2016 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2015-12-23

Good, glad it worked. As for why this isn’t possible in-game:
For the code is dark and full of errors. Any DB employees who knew how to read it, let alone fix it have long since left the building. No one has the balls to attempt to edit anything for fear that the game might break into many pieces. Hence the quadzillion ‘workarounds’ created by players and lack of any bug or QoL fixes. None dare to enter the realm of DB codingesteros!

Signature 

Arya Serious?

Posted: 06 August 2016 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1505
Joined  2014-12-02

The official response is that there is no divorce in Westeros (despite a veritable panapoly of examples from the source material…) therefore there is no divorce in Game of Thrones Ascent.

That is just my brief summary of the response they generally issue. The links above are workarounds with risks, I hope they leave them up because people need them for a variety of reasons. I also hope that they will have a hackathon and someone will put together the Divorce, Annul, “Remove” option to end pacts…

End 10 pacts and you get the oathbreaker badge! Break three marriage pacts and you get the Married more than Margaery Achievement!

Signature 

Posted: 13 September 2017 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  279
Joined  2014-10-29

I have just received this raven from the Sept of Baelor. It reads as follows “Following your raven, carrying with it the petition of relief from your union with your spouse, we have determined a sacramental union did not occur because your marriage was not consummated and did not result in the bearing of children. This matter was determined to be of an egregious nature due to an unforeseen nature…We suspect Lyanna Lightskirts was involved. We therefore grant your petition for mercy and relief and hereby declared this marriage annuled.”

Many thanks to the unofficial DB coding team smile

Signature 

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Posted: 13 September 2017 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-10-29

Another possible message…“The Sept of Baelor wishes to extend to you our deepest sympathy. It has been determined that your spouse fell early on in a battle that claimed hig/her life and this is the cause of your abandonment. You are free to marry once more following a respectable period of formal grieving.”

Signature 

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

Posted: 17 September 2017 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1505
Joined  2014-12-02

Been meaning to pop up and post hear again, seeing as now we have not only source material, but also TV series material to point out that there is divorce in Westeros…

Signature 

Posted: 18 September 2017 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-10-29

I am so happy I didn’t have to RI just to get out of my marriage and SO GRATEFUL the geek squad here created this lovely work-around because no WAY was I going to start over and PL back to my 1800 level.

I would like to continue to be able to use my arm without surgery! LOL

Signature 

Posted: 18 September 2017 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-10-29
Zepp - 06 August 2016 09:05 AM

The official response is that there is no divorce in Westeros (despite a veritable panapoly of examples from the source material…) therefore there is no divorce in Game of Thrones Ascent.

That is just my brief summary of the response they generally issue. The links above are workarounds with risks, I hope they leave them up because people need them for a variety of reasons. I also hope that they will have a hackathon and someone will put together the Divorce, Annul, “Remove” option to end pacts…

End 10 pacts and you get the oathbreaker badge! Break three marriage pacts and you get the Married more than Margaery Achievement!

I think the options you discussed would be great and I’ve written the response for them already lol.

Signature 

Posted: 30 September 2017 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Joined  2015-08-30
Clarlune - 05 August 2016 04:30 PM

thanks for the links!

the problem was that copy/pasting the link into address bar results in error: link is preceded by forum address and all punctuation is transformed to ASCII. edited to appear correctly and VOILA!

!

This is the answer I’m looking for, but i don’t understand what you fixed for the link to work.  can you explain what you did.