Game of Thrones

NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/gota/

< 1 2 3 > 
Inactive Players and Member Lists. I am here to help! 
Posted: 02 July 2016 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2013-02-23
Chrystania - 02 July 2016 06:26 PM

I’m interested in something like this not on an alliance level, but simply from my friends.  I have several hundred friends and do not know who is active and inactive.  I hate sending out favors to inactives.

I might be able to help you with this…send me a pm on facebook: Auralys Wium smile

Signature 

Leader in Last Sentinels of the Godswood

Friend Request:

Facebook
Disruptor Beam
Kongregate

Reincarnations (so far): 189

Posted: 05 July 2016 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-23

I just found 221 inactive players in my friends list with the power of a spreadsheet. And then I burned their lands to ash, salted the remains, slaughtered their livestock in celebration, and drank every drop of their meager stores of wine and ale. My dragon stole their gold and removed them from our sight with more fire and blood. Cause I’m a spreadsheet Maester, and I have the powah!

Signature 

Friend Request:

Facebook
Disruptor Beam
Kongregate

Posted: 06 July 2016 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2332
Joined  2012-08-25

Wow thank you for doing this and for creating this thread. I’m going to share your patch with the team to figure out if this is something we can work with / adopt. cheese

Signature 

Khatie McKeeper
Former Community Director, Disruptor Beam

I’ve worked with you through tough times and fun.
Play on now, make me proud of what you’ll become.

Posted: 06 July 2016 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  2015-02-05
Khatie - 06 July 2016 09:27 AM

Wow thank you for doing this and for creating this thread. I’m going to share your patch with the team to figure out if this is something we can work with / adopt. cheese

I really hope you’ll adopt this or something similar. It’s not that hard to get the full alliance members list, and from there, to parse all members to get the last activity…
BUT… Remember, as activity log is not perfect, you may end booting some active players: some are just doing Tales and AvA, AFAIK those activities are not recorded. But DB, you have access to the last login of each player, so…

Signature 

Aregon Wildwater

Posted: 06 July 2016 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2332
Joined  2012-08-25

I have already shared this with Cheltenham and we’ll be also sharing it with our lead engineer when he’s back from his vacation (soon!) smile

Signature 

Khatie McKeeper
Former Community Director, Disruptor Beam

I’ve worked with you through tough times and fun.
Play on now, make me proud of what you’ll become.

Posted: 06 July 2016 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  894
Joined  2013-04-05

Nice, on the friend list there could be way to see how many days inactive and a button to be able to remove that friend without having to click to see the profile.

On alliance members’ list there could be the same, alongside the name, the days inactive (the button to remove from the alliance it’s already there).

Posted: 21 August 2017 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2016-02-13

I was asked to lead an alliance that had in excess of 7,500 inactive members, with Auralys’s help we are now tier 2 alliance, under 50 members and can compete much better in AvAs now that we can utilize alliance tactics. She does an excellent job and does it with a quickness. Thank you again Auralys.

Posted: 21 August 2017 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2016-02-13

BTW, doing it manually on the members list takes forever because it keeps returnig to the first page.

Posted: 22 August 2017 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  279
Joined  2014-10-29
Aregon - 01 July 2016 11:04 AM

DB should fix the member’s list. I submitted a patch here
https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/gota/viewreply/251771/

Now, it would be cool to have a way to export the members’ list.
And also, I would like to have the list with last activity for each member, it’s not that hard to do.

What happened to this patch? The work was done for DB. I’m a computer idiot so it just looks like garbage to me. It would be really awesome if DB would make the changes for the rest of us that are not computer geniuses.

Signature 

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Posted: 22 August 2017 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-23
VeritasInvictus - 21 August 2017 07:03 PM

I was asked to lead an alliance that had in excess of 7,500 inactive members, with Auralys’s help we are now tier 2 alliance, under 50 members and can compete much better in AvAs now that we can utilize alliance tactics. She does an excellent job and does it with a quickness. Thank you again Auralys.

Aww, Thank you and you’re very welcome! red face I’m really glad it helped you and your alliance!

Signature 

Friend Request:

Facebook
Disruptor Beam
Kongregate

Posted: 04 September 2017 04:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2017-06-12

@auralys having read last thread hereup and @khatie hi, any feedback from the patch of last year in hereup thread? any workaround for a list of 5500 members, 100 active ones?
contacted GM 1 month ago, no much help till now or to come
Nordmen Alliance, officer Clarence Mayweather, l343

Signature 

Nordmen Alliance, Officer Clarence Mayweather, l343

Posted: 04 September 2017 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-23
Gim - 04 September 2017 04:55 AM

@auralys having read last thread hereup and @khatie hi, any feedback from the patch of last year in hereup thread? any workaround for a list of 5500 members, 100 active ones?
contacted GM 1 month ago, no much help till now or to come
Nordmen Alliance, officer Clarence Mayweather, l343

Sadly, I do not have any info on what work DB is doing on the Alliance menu in regards to inactive/active member tracking. The current workaround is me and my obsession with spreadsheets. If you would like me to make you a spreadsheet showing who is active and who is inactive in your alliance then I am happy to help. Just let me know.

Signature 

Friend Request:

Facebook
Disruptor Beam
Kongregate

Posted: 04 September 2017 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2017-06-12

@Aurelys

What happen to VP then when db is shrunk and tiers down; like 3 mill of vp in waiting

there must be a joke somewhere, you cant check 5000 members manually;
the alliance page is locked so it’s not possible to find you or your alliance in game;.
I m actually looking a way to automatise it with a javascript/sql; don’t spend hours on the excel spreadsheet.
So all that can be done is a like on your fb page

Signature 

Nordmen Alliance, Officer Clarence Mayweather, l343

Posted: 05 September 2017 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  894
Joined  2013-04-05
Gim - 04 September 2017 08:07 AM

@Aurelys

What happen to VP then when db is shrunk and tiers down; like 3 mill of vp in waiting

VP is tied to the alliance’s ID. It could go from 7k members to 1. VP do not change.

Why?

I m actually looking a way to automatise it with a javascript/sql; don’t spend hours on the excel spreadsheet.

Definitely faster and doable and that can answer your previous not stated question.

Posted: 06 September 2017 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Squire
RankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-23

@Aurelys

the alliance page is locked so it’s not possible to find you or your alliance in game;.
So all that can be done is a like on your fb page

Of course you can check 5000 players manually. I obviously have, several alliance leaders have in the past. Search the forum and you will find dozens of complaints of having to search through member lists but they did it anyway. I made the spreadsheet and it exists, so I obviously did. Also yours is not the first alliance I have done. So it’s not like I don’t have the experience, and patience. If you didn’t want it, you shouldn’t have asked me for it. If you could do a program, why not do it, instead of making me slog through your thousands of members all day and all night? Should I delete the spreadsheet then, since you clearly don’t/didn’t want it? mad

There are two ways to find my alliance: Search my ID: 47101, view profile, click on the alliance name. Or go to the AVA menu, go to the vale, go to Last Sentinels of the Godswood at #12.

Also, my name is spelled Auralys. Thanks.

Signature 

Friend Request:

Facebook
Disruptor Beam
Kongregate

< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3