Game of Thrones

NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/gota/

Another Crafting Question
Posted: 02 January 2015 11:36 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2014-08-26

Apologies if this was asked before recently; I searched the forum but couldn’t find the answers I’m looking for anywhere.

I know that making an item permanent will still leave that item available for further crafting if it’s the main evolving item (for example: perm filigried outfit would still be good for crafting the coat)

What I’m not certain about is this:

1) If I make that item (say, filigried outfit) permanent and then manage to evolve it into the coat, will the newly made item (coat) remain permanent?

2) If I attach a seal to the item I’ll use in crafting (filigried outfit again), will the seal remain on the item once he item is evolved (will the seal that was attached to the outfit remain attached to the coat evolved from it)?

Posted: 03 January 2015 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4185
Joined  2014-01-17
WitchWolf - 02 January 2015 11:36 PM

1) If I make that item (say, filigried outfit) permanent and then manage to evolve it into the coat, will the newly made item (coat) remain permanent?

Yes.

WitchWolf - 02 January 2015 11:36 PM

2) If I attach a seal to the item I’ll use in crafting (filigried outfit again), will the seal remain on the item once he item is evolved (will the seal that was attached to the outfit remain attached to the coat evolved from it)?

Yes.

Signature 

Retired Lady Commander of the Gold Cloaks

Let me go? Do you humans consider conversation a form of imprisonment? I suppose that might explain why so few are willing to sit and talk.—Lorik Qui’in

Posted: 03 January 2015 12:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2014-08-26

Thank you for the quick reply! smile

Posted: 03 January 2015 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2014-12-28

I have 2 follow up questions…
#1 How does that work if you rename the pre-evolve item? (since it becomes something with a new name anyway)
#2 Somewhere I saw someone say that you can save gold by opening a slot before you evolve. Does that kind of mean that you are opening the second slot on the pre-evolve but it becomes the third slot on the post-evolve?

Also, if you have seals on more than one item, which one is kept?

Thanks

Posted: 03 January 2015 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Gold Cloaks
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1232
Joined  2013-07-11
guest_440184441602048 - 03 January 2015 02:58 AM

I have 2 follow up questions…
#1 How does that work if you rename the pre-evolve item? (since it becomes something with a new name anyway)
#2 Somewhere I saw someone say that you can save gold by opening a slot before you evolve. Does that kind of mean that you are opening the second slot on the pre-evolve but it becomes the third slot on the post-evolve?

Also, if you have seals on more than one item, which one is kept?

Thanks

If you perm an item by unlocking a seal slot, and you successfully upgrade the item, then yes you have a 3rd slot open.

The only permed item you can use in the enhanced crafting is the main item being upgraded.  So if you are upgrading the Elite Cavalry to Cavalry Commander, you can use a permed EC and any seals on him will persist through the upgrade.  If you have seals on the Grand Barred Helm or a Pack Horse those items (and seals) would be consumed.

Signature 

My dragons: Stjarnia,    Tyr Hel Ullr Mani   Dagr Lofn Buri Elli    Nott Vali   Joro   Sif

Posted: 24 June 2017 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2015-10-20

If you rename an item (e.g. Master Crafter Warhammer) can it still be used for future crafting? It does not seem to recognize that I already have two of them as both were renamed? If so, can they be renamed back to the original and then be used?

Posted: 25 June 2017 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Knight
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  377
Joined  2015-07-26
guest_352774633603072 - 24 June 2017 10:50 AM

If you rename an item (e.g. Master Crafter Warhammer) can it still be used for future crafting? It does not seem to recognize that I already have two of them as both were renamed? If so, can they be renamed back to the original and then be used?

No, it can’t be used. And renaming back doesn’t help.

General rules:
- Permanent item can be used in the luck recipe if it’s the item being evolved. (Nice example is the whatever Commander mentioned in this thread.)
- Permanent item can not be used in the luck recipe if it’s the item that is being consumed by the recipe. (Like the three Master Crafted Hammers in your epic item recipe.)

EDIT: You might try sending a ticket to DB (the Support link down below on this page), I’ve heard some people had success asking for their permanent items being replaced by plain ones. Or you can simply craft new Warhammers. wink

Signature 

GoT:A: Life no. XX and counting; Dragons Giria, Akiir, Drirr, Wrinn, Plattax and a baby dragon.
ST:T: quit

Posted: 26 June 2017 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2015-10-20

Thanks.  Not the answer I hoped for, of course, but at least I know how to proceed.

‹‹ SS don’t add up      Forging Bonds??? ››