Game of Thrones

NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/gota/

‹ First  < 2 3 4
Bronn vs The Hound
Posted: 24 March 2013 12:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  651
Joined  2013-02-21

I believe we only see his actions through Tyrion’s eyes—namely, the raising of the chain that destroys Stannis’s fleet and traps the sailors in the burning waters (and, in a sense, contributes to Davos’s near-death).

Signature 

Rykkard Mormont, Leader, Brotherhood Without Banners
Formerly Jurevicus Galilee
Add as GoTA Friend || GoTA Community Guide (Under Development)

Posted: 11 April 2013 11:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]  
Stablehand
RankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2013-02-28
Jurevicus - 23 March 2013 11:11 PM

It is worth noting that during Tyrion’s second trial by combat—the one in which Oberyn and Gregor Clegane fight—Bronn previously refuses to champion Tyrion because the cost wasn’t sweet enough. This implies that Bronn understands when he might be outmatched or defeated.

I think that Bronn refused not only because it was the Mountain, but because he had not much to win from Tyrion anymore. Let’s not forget that Bronn is an opportunist. In the Eyrie, he was a common sellsword. He saw Tyrion Lannister in needs of help. In his mind it’s like “Lannister = Money, Power” and helping Tyrion (and surviving of course) is a game-changer in his modest life. It means gold, power, women, life in KL…

More than the difficulty of the opposition, what makes him refuse is the lack of incentives. He is now a knight, with all the gold and women that the title implies, so why would he ris his life for Tyrion ? Friendship ? Come on…

He might not mean that Bronn thinks he would lose againt Gregor, his arrogance could well make him think the opposite.

Posted: 11 April 2013 11:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]  
Hodor
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5121
Joined  2013-03-04
Rhaegar Starkaryen - 11 April 2013 11:36 PM
Jurevicus - 23 March 2013 11:11 PM

It is worth noting that during Tyrion’s second trial by combat—the one in which Oberyn and Gregor Clegane fight—Bronn previously refuses to champion Tyrion because the cost wasn’t sweet enough. This implies that Bronn understands when he might be outmatched or defeated.

I think that Bronn refused not only because it was the Mountain, but because he had not much to win from Tyrion anymore. Let’s not forget that Bronn is an opportunist. In the Eyrie, he was a common sellsword. He saw Tyrion Lannister in needs of help. In his mind it’s like “Lannister = Money, Power” and helping Tyrion (and surviving of course) is a game-changer in his modest life. It means gold, power, women, life in KL…

More than the difficulty of the opposition, what makes him refuse is the lack of incentives. He is now a knight, with all the gold and women that the title implies, so why would he ris his life for Tyrion ? Friendship ? Come on…

He might not mean that Bronn thinks he would lose againt Gregor, his arrogance could well make him think the opposite.

I could agree with this.  I feel Bronn is a man who hasn’t truly found his limits yet.  He can be shrewd, cunning, and pragmatic, but he does have a touch of arrogance.  Arrogance tends to be born of a lack of failure.  However, even an arrogant man may weigh risks and rewards when choosing a course of action.

That said, Bronn does like Tyrion, and does regard him as a friend.  But Bronn always comes first in Bronn’s mind.  That’s where their two paths diverge.

Signature 

Wiki Blog:  Shared Files and Docs

Marchon Ward, House Lannister
Currently in 5th life

I do not accept random anonymous friend requests. 
Such ‘friends’ tend to end up in the boneyard of lost players.

Posted: 10 January 2017 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]  
Smallfolk
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2014-12-09

In Blackwater, when the Hound enters the pub he and Bronn almost throw down in, he walks in with another guy…like, they were tight or something…tight enough to go get a drink together before a war.
So…who the hell was that guy?
Did the Hound actually have a friend?

Posted: 10 January 2017 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]  
Warden
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4026
Joined  2013-09-24

Sandor Clegane and Bronn Blackwater. Two of my favorite personalities of the series. TY for reviving this thread!

<3

Signature 

‹ First  < 2 3 4
4 of 4

‹‹ Question for the Ladies      Other games ››