NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

1 2 3 >  Last ›
Obvious cheating
Posted: 02 February 2017 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2017-02-02

Can you guys please do something about the guys who are so obviously cheating?  Within 5 minutes of the shuttle event today a few guys had 5000 pts.  Even with boosts they shouldn’t be anywhere close to that.  These same guys win every single event.  It’s getting tiresome.

Posted: 02 February 2017 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2763
Joined  2015-12-05

You misunderstand. It’s not boosts. It’s speedups.

If you have enough plats, you can complete several shuttles per minute. In five minutes you can easily send out twenty shuttles, which can give you several thousands points.

It’s not “obvious cheating”, and DB isn’t going to do a thing about it. Why should they? They’re making buckets of money.

Signature 

Minor contributor to the STT Wiki

Posted: 02 February 2017 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2017-02-02

I have my doubts.  The same guy wins every event.  At the rate they charge for dilithium he’d have to spend thousands per event.

Posted: 02 February 2017 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1103
Joined  2014-04-09

Not cheating, just choosing to invest in winning. 

That investing started a long time ago.  Buying packs to get FF/FE 5* crew, purchasing the dilithium shuttle boost packs, speeding up shuttles for dilithium, etc. 

“Winning” is a relative term now in the microtransaction online gaming world.  If you want be #1, be prepared to $PEND.  If you want to define winning as earning a 4/4 from the event, you need to plan ahead, save up shuttle boosts, level up your best crew, etc.  If you didn’t start playing on launch day, it is going to be harder to catch up to those who have.  Some are able to do it as F2P, others like myself have paid money into the game to be able to do it.

Signature 

Peace, Love and Fuzy Wuzy Tribbles.

Posted: 02 February 2017 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2016-06-14
Tyreal - 02 February 2017 12:28 PM

Can you guys please do something about the guys who are so obviously cheating?  Within 5 minutes of the shuttle event today a few guys had 5000 pts.  Even with boosts they shouldn’t be anywhere close to that.  These same guys win every single event.  It’s getting tiresome.

There is a huge differene between cheating and using systems within the game effectively.

Posted: 02 February 2017 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  710
Joined  2016-08-05
Tyreal - 02 February 2017 12:37 PM

I have my doubts.  The same guy wins every event.  At the rate they charge for dilithium he’d have to spend thousands per event.

And he probably does.

Signature 

This is NOT spam!

Posted: 02 February 2017 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2016-04-15

Posted: 02 February 2017 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2763
Joined  2015-12-05

At the rate they charge for dilithium he’d have to spend thousands per event.

You’re probably correct.

Just to give you an example of what sort of money people spend: BL Frank, here, admits he has spend enough to buy a car. And he doesn’t even consider himself to be a whale, and knows many people who spend much more.

Signature 

Minor contributor to the STT Wiki

Posted: 02 February 2017 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1927
Joined  2014-04-18

Not true.  BL used to have a different captain in the top spot.  I don’t even pay attention to the silly spender top slots anymore so that could have changed.

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 02 February 2017 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1180
Joined  2015-05-03

one thing that is impressive is how fast they are able to get it to work.  i guess if they dont open multiple missions it’s reasonably fast but if theyre opening 4 at a time to complete?  I guess maybe a super padd works better.

Posted: 02 February 2017 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2016-12-22

I might, if I had, like lottery money. In my yacht or penthouse.

Signature 

“You couldn’t just be any old stone, you had to be a mystic stone!”

- Bernice Summerfield to Braxiatel - Bernice Summerfield: The Empire State.

Posted: 02 February 2017 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1087
Joined  2016-04-13

I got up to 25 within a few minutes, but I’m back down to 500 now. I had about 40 3* time boosts saved up, so I was able to run up to the 3 hour missions pretty quick. I opened the first four transmissions together so I could jump straight from 1 minute to 20 minutes upon completion of all four (or maybe it was 10 minutes?). Then I opened one transmission at a time after that and completed it instantly with the 3* time reduction. Two successes bumps up to the next time interval. Once I got up to 2 hours, I used my 4* time reductions to get up to the three hour missions. At that point, I was at rank 25 and it took a few minutes.

Of course now that I’m running them normally with boosts (3 hour missions, running through my various reductions from highest to lowest), I’ve dropped hundreds of places. Obviously the rich people are using dilithium instead, so they stay at the top. I imagine they do the same thing I did, just open one at a time. Since they complete instantly (via either dilithium or the right time reducer), it just doesn’t make sense to open more than one at a time.

Signature 

My crew spreadsheet
226 Level 100 FE
192 Immortal

Posted: 02 February 2017 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  747
Joined  2016-07-18

I’m in Canada, so hypothetically I could buy 8200 dilithium crystals for $130. I can fork out an extra $130 and land 2x 5* Uhura + 10 event packs + 1000 chrons + more boosts. So, for $260 CAD, I have an x/5 Uhura and probably two other 4/4 event characters and 1000 chrons to fuse them. Then I have enough crystals to buy 320 premium boosts.

Add this to my already loaded roster (I’m a spender, after all) and I can jump out to the kind of early lead that a monthly card player could never even dream of.

Posted: 02 February 2017 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  712
Joined  2016-07-13

You are aware people have spent $1k-30k+ On this game by cheating you mean spent money on Dilithium to speed up shuttles. This crying foul when someone does better than someone else grows thin after 13months of playing the game

Signature 

Posted: 02 February 2017 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  356
Joined  2016-06-26
{nWo} Q <Uni-Zero> - 02 February 2017 01:04 PM

You are aware people have spent $1k-30k+ On this game by cheating you mean spent money on Dilithium to speed up shuttles. This crying foul when someone does better than someone else grows thin after 13months of playing the game

Q, quit cheating!:D

Posted: 02 February 2017 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  712
Joined  2016-07-13
Brother Captain Archangel - 02 February 2017 01:09 PM
{nWo} Q <Uni-Zero> - 02 February 2017 01:04 PM

Q, quit cheating!:D

I don’t make cheating obvious Arch that’s why I stay outside the top 100 I don’t want to get banned I’m not stupid;)

Signature 

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 5