NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

1 2 3 > 
Don’t have Cyberneticist SCI for D.2 A Tale of Forgotten Lore? I have a workaround.
Posted: 15 February 2016 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  774
Joined  2016-02-06

Location: Distress Calls, Delphic Expanse, Mission 2: A Tale of Forgotten Lore

Problem: One rare reward node requires a Cyberneticist with SCI (2* Lt Cm Data or 5* Alternate Future Bashir only). Can’t 3-star the mission without one of those characters…or can you?

Yes you can. I did.

There have been a few threads about how high-level characters eventually gain minimal levels of skills that aren’t listed for them, such as this one:
https://www.disruptorbeam.com/forums/stt/viewthread/48696/

I leveled CMO Crusher (or as I call her, Dr. Beverly) to 41 and her unlisted SCI skill was enough to get it done!

Does anyone think this will work for any other difficult requirements like that, or maybe even the broken ones with no known character? Looking through the wiki I don’t see any other missions with that sort of problem with a skill requirement of 25…the next one I see is Ep2.2 The Vedek’s Trail which requires a Cardassian with SCI—but its requirement is 44. My guess is no, this won’t work elsewhere, unless you manage to max out a Cardassian to level 99.

Signature 

100% F2P, finished Episode 6 on Mar 24.

I play on both platforms: Android - Amazon Fire 2015 KFFOWI rooted and iOS - iPad2.

Fleet = Unimatrix B4 - Zero, Rank = 11* FC

Posted: 15 February 2016 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2656
Joined  2014-09-09

That’s cool.  It won’t likely work for Elite or Epic, but at least it gets the basic stuff done.  Good catch.

Signature 

Althea Biermont
Fleet:  Quark’s Holosuite

Ulmos Phree Tu’Plae
Fleet:  Where No Main Has Joined Before

Posted: 15 February 2016 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2016-01-28

I wonder what level 1* ‘Chief Engineer’ Torres needs to be before she can do this? Anyone know?

Posted: 15 February 2016 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  144
Joined  2016-01-18

I cant say its really a work around, since its a trait she gets normally. My level 30 CMO Crusher has it. Its just a way to do it without the “standard” people. But still a luck of the draw from purchases.

Posted: 15 February 2016 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  431
Joined  2016-01-18

A 1/5* Level 40 Tempted Data only has a 14 (+5-14) science skill for that particular mission with every equipment other than his uniform.  Also I’ve found out that the skill bonus is NOT based on the equipment you have.

Data’s level 40 equipment item is a Positronic brain, which says it gives +30 science and +20 engineering.  My level 37 Data had the exact same 14 (5-14) science skill for that mission, in spite of the fact that I equipped that positronic brain at level 40.

Signature 

“Diplomacy! (Derisive snort.) The best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank!” -Montgomery Scott

Posted: 15 February 2016 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1292
Joined  2016-01-11

Yea the stats items give are basically made up.

I think they are based on the first character they designed them for.
So that brain is probably for 2* data.

Then the stat bonus is auto calculated based on your characters level/slot/rarity - but this is super busted and almost never accurate.

I just loaded shirtless sulu lvl50, 3/4 up with a item it tooks me a week to make (3* tactical alert iirc - tons of sec 31 + uncommon aut coes to make) it listed like +0-10 command, but he got +25 command, +30 security, security prof and a ship bonus.. pretty sweet deal.

also: The server just crashed after I did that, before I could set my shuttles up, f*#%.

re: op nice find. Yea i thought characters untrained skills were probably just a simple formula, but this may prove that wrong. As even tho its only a 25 req, to crit it would still be 35-40. I’m guessing it gives a +perk bonus? It seems uncommon that the nodes that require a trait, get a bonus from said trait (which is stupid design imo).

Elite.. yea not with crusher, but perhaps in some rare cases. My lvl60 3/4* janeway I think gets 40-60ish in untrained skills.

Posted: 15 February 2016 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  271
Joined  2016-01-19

would this work for commando crusher?

Posted: 15 February 2016 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  431
Joined  2016-01-18
Snakeyees - 15 February 2016 02:20 PM

Commando Crusher isn’t a cyberneticist

Signature 

“Diplomacy! (Derisive snort.) The best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank!” -Montgomery Scott

Posted: 15 February 2016 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-01-11

No. not a cyberneticist.

4* crusher is though, and i got her at a high lvl. I’ll probably give her a go as i dont ave data/bashir.

Posted: 15 February 2016 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  271
Joined  2016-01-19
Axer - 15 February 2016 02:24 PM

No. not a cyberneticist.

thanks

Posted: 15 February 2016 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  660
Joined  2016-02-01

I just tried this with my 1/4* Dr. Crusher (MED: 223-275). She is lvl 51.

She did not pass.

If someone else passes, please post.

Posted: 15 February 2016 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-02-06
Hassinator - 15 February 2016 05:30 PM

She did not pass.

How close was she?

She has multiple skills. In my experience, the unlisted latent skill thing happens earlier on single-skill crew than 2-skill or 3-skill crew. You may need to level her a bunch more. On the other hand, my 1/4* Coffee Janeway has displayed some unlisted latent skills and is only level 48…I haven’t noticed what level those skills are though.

Signature 

I play on both platforms: Android - Amazon Fire 2015 KFFOWI rooted and iOS - iPad2.

Posted: 15 February 2016 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  660
Joined  2016-02-01

I should have taken a screenshot, but not even close. She only got half way there and the skill bonus was a pitiful 3-6.

I’d try again after level 60.

Posted: 15 February 2016 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-01-11
Hassinator - 15 February 2016 05:30 PM

She did not pass.

Yea just tried on mine, 58 2/4*.
skill: 19
prof 2-6
Actually rolled a 6, so I did succeed (req 25)
But prolly needs 35-40 to crit.

Pretty odd a vastly higher lvl, rarity, skilled, etc char has a weaker untrained skill, but yea I guess it’s pretty random like a lot of stuff in this game. Perhaps all characters have all skills, but just at low/unlisted values for most stats, but some are higher.

(and to answer my previous question: Yea no perk bonus.

So may be CMO Crusher, lt cm data, alt future bashir or bust.

(Luckily I do have cmo crusher at 2/2, glad I didnt delete her. But shes lvl10 , ill give her a go at 10, maybe her skill doest scale.)

Edit: lv10 fails. 11+1

So seeming like ur lvl41 may be the bare minimum or close.

Useful tip tho, cuz I just recalled, elite on this mission has a 2* auth code as a 1 shot, and those while avail in several missions, arent easy to come by.

Maybe ill lvl her. Sucks she needs science experiments tho, i guess we know why now.

I see why i didn’t dismiss her: Has a unique trait: Caregiver. (only shared with keiko, but she’s 2* vs 1)

Posted: 15 February 2016 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-02-06
Axer - 15 February 2016 07:10 PM

Pretty odd a vastly higher lvl, rarity, skilled, etc char has a weaker untrained skill, but yea I guess it’s pretty random like a lot of stuff in this game. Perhaps all characters have all skills, but just at low/unlisted values for most stats, but some are higher.

The characters with only ONE listed skill get their higher unlisted skills sooner. Those with multiple skills may never get them, or may have to be leveled way way WAY up. I have observed one exception, Coffee Janeway.

So seeming like ur lvl41 may be the bare minimum or close.

It is absolutely the bare minimum. I probably should have made that more clear. I tested her after each level and she only worked after level 41, and it may have been affected by the uniform that I equipped on her too. She had a good dice roll, 8 out of a possible 8; I suspect she wouldn’t have crit’d for that rare reward without that good roll. I expected to have to run it a dozen times before getting that good roll but it happened on the first try after she turned 41.

Signature 

Posted: 16 February 2016 03:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2016-01-28

I tried this with 1* Torres at L41… she only has 8 science skill so no luck there :-(

Was wondering if these secondary skills weren’t so much character based, but due to the skills that come from equipment that don’t buff the characters primary skill, but still get added on in the ‘background’?

1 2 3 > 
1 of 3

‹‹ Warp 1      Drop Rate Theory ››