NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

USS Voyager in Star Trek Timelines
Posted: 07 October 2015 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2014-06-10

When Star Trek Timelines launches this Fall 2015, you can build and captain both the Intrepid-class and the USS Voyager. In our latest video, Executive Producer Rich Gallup and Lead Game Designer Tim Crosby delve into both ships and what makes them unique in Star Trek Timelines.

http://www.disruptorbeam.com/blog/entry/uss-voyager-in-star-trek-timelines

Signature 

Shields at 87%.

Visit the Star Trek Timelines Wiki - more information than the Enterprise’s memory banks.
Join the community at the Star Trek Timelines Subreddit.

Posted: 07 October 2015 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2015-08-04

Looks good. I don’t know if they’re confirmed before but we also see Holosuite Spy Bashir and what looks like Vash as crew.

Signature 

“That is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.”

Posted: 07 October 2015 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1927
Joined  2014-04-18

Love the video… and Kyle’s “Am I though?”  Everything looks great, can’t wait to settle in this “fall”... or definitely by the holidays to play the tribble out of Timelines.

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 07 October 2015 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1103
Joined  2014-04-09
Stardrifter - 07 October 2015 12:01 PM

Looks good. I don’t know if they’re confirmed before but we also see Holosuite Spy Bashir and what looks like Vash as crew.

Also saw Beverly Crusher later in the video who had not previously been revealed.
http://startrektimelineswiki.com/wiki/Crew

Signature 

Peace, Love and Fuzy Wuzy Tribbles.

Posted: 09 October 2015 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2014-11-24
MilkN2Sugars - 07 October 2015 11:18 AM

When Star Trek Timelines launches this Fall 2015, you can build and captain both the Intrepid-class and the USS Voyager. In our latest video, Executive Producer Rich Gallup and Lead Game Designer Tim Crosby delve into both ships and what makes them unique in Star Trek Timelines.

Just saying, USS Voyager is an Intrepid class starship, not to be mistaken with Intrepid type vessels from the 22nd century.

Posted: 09 October 2015 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-04-09
guest_377490059800576 - 09 October 2015 08:08 AM

Just saying, USS Voyager is an Intrepid class starship, not to be mistaken with Intrepid type vessels from the 22nd century.

There are going to be “Hero” vessels for several class starships that will be better than the normal, run of the mill starships.  From the video, one advantage that Voyager will have over other Intrepid class starships will be her astrometrics lab.  This doesn’t mean that Voyager is no longer an Intrepid Class ship

Signature 

Posted: 09 October 2015 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  576
Joined  2014-04-08

Looking great so far. A lot of ships I want for sure I have seen and some I am looking forward to seeing soon hopefully soon in reveals.

Signature 

“Live long and prosper.”-Spock

Posted: 16 October 2015 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2014-11-24
HTower - 09 October 2015 09:21 AM
guest_377490059800576 - 09 October 2015 08:08 AM

There are going to be “Hero” vessels for several class starships that will be better than the normal, run of the mill starships.  From the video, one advantage that Voyager will have over other Intrepid class starships will be her astrometrics lab.  This doesn’t mean that Voyager is no longer an Intrepid Class ship

Still, what I meant is the writting was confusing, almost sounding as if they were different starships. It would have been clearer stating something like “build and captain Intrepid class starships, with a chance to fly the Voyager”.

On a side note, I don’t think it is a good idea to have “hero” ships. It defeats their uniqueness, it’s like “meh, what’s special about my Enterprise E if every other player around has her Enterprise E?”. I’d prefer an approach as in STO, where you can pick a ship from a class you like and turn it into your hero ship.

Posted: 16 October 2015 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-04-09

I’m not part of the Beta so I couldn’t tell you how available the hero ships are going to be.  However, my guess is that most players will have to grind for a very long time or pay out real money to acquire a “Hero” ship.  You’re right, if everyone gets the Enterprise-E, that would be silly.  Having a few Heroes out there amongst the overall galaxy of non heroes makes the most sense.  (And earns DB some money to recoup the cost of making the game.)

Signature 

Posted: 16 October 2015 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2015-08-04

I’m kinda torn on the Hero ships. I personally would rather have a ship I can name myself, but if the Hero ships are better than I’ll feel like I have to use them if I get one. Unless we can change the Hero ship names, but I doubt it.

Of course I don’t even know if we can name our own ships. If we can than I would want the chance to get a name-able ship with Hero ship stats.

Signature 

“That is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.”

Posted: 24 October 2015 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2015-10-12
Stardrifter - 16 October 2015 02:45 PM

I’m kinda torn on the Hero ships. I personally would rather have a ship I can name myself, but if the Hero ships are better than I’ll feel like I have to use them if I get one. Unless we can change the Hero ship names, but I doubt it.

Of course I don’t even know if we can name our own ships. If we can than I would want the chance to get a name-able ship with Hero ship stats.

My feelings exactly. I’ve got several names picked out, but it sounds like none of these ships can ever be a match for the hero ships. Voyager has 1) better stats; 2) an extra room; and 3) an extra combat ability.

It makes sense that a hero ship would be better than a ship fresh off the line, or no one would really want one. I do think that generic ships should have some extra customization options that give them the potential to match, or even exceed, their hero variants, though. It should take a lot of work, but it should be possible.

Signature 

“The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.”

‹‹ Is there an EMH in the house?      delete me ››