NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

1 2 > 
Lt. Tasha Yar in Timelines
Posted: 22 September 2015 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2014-06-10

Lt. Natasha Yar is a survivor. After growing up on the failed colony world of Turkana IV, a world of rampant crime, Tasha escaped at fifteen years old to join Starfleet and pursue an interest in security.

http://disruptorbeam.com/blog/entry/lt.-tasha-yar-in-timelines

Signature 

Shields at 87%.

Visit the Star Trek Timelines Wiki - more information than the Enterprise’s memory banks.
Join the community at the Star Trek Timelines Subreddit.

Posted: 22 September 2015 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2015-02-23

Lotsa Tasha fan-boys and -grrrrlz out there drooling. I’m more a Worf grrrrl but variety is what makes it fun. smile

Sweet reveal on gameplay: “She can make up for any Tired penalty effect when bolstered by trait boosts and a naturally higher Security score.”

This clues me in that there’s a similar mechanic to the GoTV ‘Tales’ going on - at least as far as crew-members becoming ‘tired’ (I’m guessing that also means they can become ‘exhausted’).

I know those who are playing the beta aren’t allowed to say anything. That’s making me a little (more) crazy.

Signature 

There’s no place like home… but the stars…

Posted: 22 September 2015 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2015-08-04

Interesting to get Tasha right off the bat. I wonder if each character will have the same number of alternate versions or not. Because besides Yesterday’s Enterprise, the only other version I could think of for her would be in her dress from Naked Now. Maybe a karate gi version too but that would be pushing it.

Signature 

“That is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.”

Posted: 23 September 2015 12:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1103
Joined  2014-04-09

Never been a fan of Tasha Yar.  Can’t we just leave her in Q’s penalty box permanently?

Signature 

Peace, Love and Fuzy Wuzy Tribbles.

Posted: 23 September 2015 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  348
Joined  2013-04-18
HTower - 23 September 2015 12:00 AM

Never been a fan of Tasha Yar.  Can’t we just leave her in Q’s penalty box permanently?

Ditto smile Can we leave Q in there to.

Signature 

River Song/Donna Noble
WELL I MIGHT JUST HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THAT SPACEMAN!
Well I was on my way to a gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I suddenly thought ‘gosh the third Reich’s bit rubbish I think I’ll kill the Fuhrer’ who’s with me?

Posted: 23 September 2015 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Joined  2015-08-04

You gotta keep in mind that all we really got from Tasha was with season 1 level writing. Season 1 wasn’t really good for anyone.

Signature 

“That is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.”

Posted: 23 September 2015 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  576
Joined  2014-04-08

I enjoyed Tasha Yar for the short time she was on TNG. As far season 1 goes there were couple of episodes there I actually liked.

Signature 

“Live long and prosper.”-Spock

Posted: 23 September 2015 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  576
Joined  2014-04-08
El-Auria - 22 September 2015 06:18 PM

Lotsa Tasha fan-boys and -grrrrlz out there drooling. I’m more a Worf grrrrl but variety is what makes it fun. smile

Sweet reveal on gameplay: “She can make up for any Tired penalty effect when bolstered by trait boosts and a naturally higher Security score.”

This clues me in that there’s a similar mechanic to the GoTV ‘Tales’ going on - at least as far as crew-members becoming ‘tired’ (I’m guessing that also means they can become ‘exhausted’).

I know those who are playing the beta aren’t allowed to say anything. That’s making me a little (more) crazy.

Big Worf fan right here after Mister Spock and Data after my favorite Klingon. Plus I need Guinan and Quark in my bar area. Of course a little bit of Q to spice up the evening. Just don’t bring any of that cellular peptide cake.

Signature 

“Live long and prosper.”-Spock

Posted: 23 September 2015 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Joined  2015-08-04

But it has mint frosting!

Signature 

Posted: 23 September 2015 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2015-08-20
Stardrifter - 22 September 2015 06:49 PM

Interesting to get Tasha right off the bat. I wonder if each character will have the same number of alternate versions or not. Because besides Yesterday’s Enterprise, the only other version I could think of for her would be in her dress from Naked Now. Maybe a karate gi version too but that would be pushing it.

Rather than more versions of Tasha, I’d hope to see her daughter Sela.

Posted: 23 September 2015 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Joined  2015-08-04
gilligan - 23 September 2015 03:25 PM

That feels to me not to fit in with the theme of multiple versions of a character. I mean they could introduce Sela as her own character, but she’s not a version of Tasha.

Signature 

Posted: 23 September 2015 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2015-09-23

i always liked Tasha.  i think it is just because we don’t get much of her since she was killed so early in the series.  and as someone implied above…  some of those early episodes just… don’t work for me, i’ll say.  so it’s even less of Tasha than someone else might have enjoyed.  smile

Posted: 23 September 2015 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2015-08-20
Stardrifter - 23 September 2015 04:46 PM
gilligan - 23 September 2015 03:25 PM

That feels to me not to fit in with the theme of multiple versions of a character. I mean they could introduce Sela as her own character, but she’s not a version of Tasha.

I do agree with that, I just don’t think there there is much point to having multiple versions of Tasha, considering that we only see her for a year. Aside from corpse Tasha and funeral hologram Tasha, there isn’t really much to work with (I really hope we don’t have either of those versions).

Multiple links to the character, through the inclusion of characters like her sister Ishara or her daughter Sela, would seem more meaningful than putting the same season 1 Tasha in a different costume. We never saw any of those characters interact in cannon, but the game’s premise allows for them to work together. I think that is exactly the sort of thing they’re going for in Timelines.

Thomas Riker isn’t technically the same character as Will Riker either, but people will link them. I could see them having Thomas Riker, Commander Riker, and Captain Riker all as characters. That’d let you do silly things like have an entire away team of Rikers, all with a different rank.

Posted: 23 September 2015 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Joined  2015-08-04

Hey, now that you mention it, I’m for the inclusion of Zombie Tasha. Especially with Halloween coming up.

Thomas Riker would fit as an alternate to Will better than Sela or Tasha’s sister. Thomas really is an alternate version or Will. It really comes down to how important it is to them to have multiple versions of characters. If they’re fine with certain characters having many while others have one or even none than its not a big deal.

Signature 

Posted: 24 September 2015 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2015-09-23
Stardrifter - 23 September 2015 05:20 PM

Hey, now that you mention it, I’m for the inclusion of Zombie Tasha. Especially with Halloween coming up.

Thomas Riker would fit as an alternate to Will better than Sela or Tasha’s sister. Thomas really is an alternate version or Will. It really comes down to how important it is to them to have multiple versions of characters. If they’re fine with certain characters having many while others have one or even none than its not a big deal.

i’m in for Zombie Tasha.

Posted: 24 September 2015 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2014-06-10

Second version smile http://www.disruptorbeam.com/blog/entry/warship-yar-in-timelines

Signature 

Shields at 87%.

Visit the Star Trek Timelines Wiki - more information than the Enterprise’s memory banks.
Join the community at the Star Trek Timelines Subreddit.

1 2 > 
1 of 2