NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

1 2 > 
Security Chief Tuvok and Ensign Tuvok Revealed
Posted: 15 September 2015 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1103
Joined  2014-04-09

https://disruptorbeam.com/blog/entry/security-chief-tuvok-in-timelines

By KyleH. September 15, 2015, 8:43 AM

To quote Captain Janeway, Security Chief Tuvok is a Vulcan who can be relied upon for his “insightful and unfailingly logical advice”. It’s this impeccable logic that make him such a strong choice for many Away Missions and Starship Battles in Star Trek Timelines.

Janeway trusted more than Tuvok’s logic, given her appointment of Tuvok as both the security officer and second officer aboard the USS Voyager. Tuvok would face many challenges in his time aboard the science vessel flung 70,000 light years from home, from having to confront and then follow his former Maquis captain, Chakotay, to training the Maquis crew and convincing them to serve aboard a Federation vessel.

It’s for those reasons that Security Chief Tuvok’s skills are Command, Security, and Science. As fans of Voyager might expect, his traits are Vulcan, Federation, Starfleet, and Telepath. These skills and traits make Tuvok incredibly useful and versatile from one Away Mission to another.

EDIT:  Wow, that posted huge

Signature 

Peace, Love and Fuzy Wuzy Tribbles.

Posted: 15 September 2015 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-04-09

Our first security chief to be officially revealed (we’ve seen Worf already in demos, but not a full write up).

I’m nitpicking here now, but something seems..  “off” about the image of Tuvok to me that I can’ quite put my finger on.  Is his face too much like a real picture of Tim Russ in comparison to the uniform?  Maybe his face is too elongated and not square jawed enough?  Seeing the picture in the blog post it seems worse than the full size image.

Compare for yourself and tell me if I’m off base.

Signature 

Posted: 15 September 2015 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  348
Joined  2013-04-18

Maybe it is the size of the picture but the photo his face looks a little softer. Then again I have never cared for the comic/cartoon versions of characters or actors. It never looks right for me.

But I will have to give props to the artists at db at least the pictures actually look like the actors from the show.

Signature 

River Song/Donna Noble
WELL I MIGHT JUST HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THAT SPACEMAN!
Well I was on my way to a gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I suddenly thought ‘gosh the third Reich’s bit rubbish I think I’ll kill the Fuhrer’ who’s with me?

Posted: 15 September 2015 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  576
Joined  2014-04-08

Two thumbs way up for Tuvok.

Signature 

“Live long and prosper.”-Spock

Posted: 15 September 2015 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1927
Joined  2014-04-18

Waiting for the Tuvok with bow and arrows for the lolz.  More likely Tuvok playing Kal-toh.

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 15 September 2015 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2015-08-04
River Song - 15 September 2015 03:15 PM

Maybe it is the size of the picture but the photo his face looks a little softer. Then again I have never cared for the comic/cartoon versions of characters or actors. It never looks right for me.

But I will have to give props to the artists at db at least the pictures actually look like the actors from the show.

It looks like a drawing of Tuvok with his face Photoshopped on.

Signature 

“That is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.”

Posted: 15 September 2015 11:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2014-07-02
Stardrifter - 15 September 2015 05:00 PM
River Song - 15 September 2015 03:15 PM

It looks like a drawing of Tuvok with his face Photoshopped on.

Thats what I was thinking

Posted: 16 September 2015 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2014-06-10
Papinka - 15 September 2015 03:47 PM

Waiting for the Tuvok with bow and arrows.

Yes please! LOL

Signature 

Shields at 87%.

Visit the Star Trek Timelines Wiki - more information than the Enterprise’s memory banks.
Join the community at the Star Trek Timelines Subreddit.

Posted: 16 September 2015 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  576
Joined  2014-04-08
MilkN2Sugars - 16 September 2015 04:47 AM

Yes please! LOL

Tuvok with bow and arrows? If you don’t mind Robin Hood Picard and his band of Merry Men like to attend this friendly archery competition.

Signature 

“Live long and prosper.”-Spock

Posted: 16 September 2015 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-04-09

Give Spock and Kirk 10 minutes to make their own bows, and then they will enter as well.

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2015 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-04-09
VulcanDude - 16 September 2015 01:00 PM
MilkN2Sugars - 16 September 2015 04:47 AM

Yes please! LOL

Tuvok with bow and arrows? If you don’t mind Robin Hood Picard and his band of Merry Men like to attend this friendly archery competition.

Picard may want to be careful though, or he might take another arrow to the chest

Image Attachments
he_took_one_to_the_chest.png
 Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2015 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Joined  2015-08-04

Picard doesn’t have to worry. He’d just bring a lever action crossbow.

Signature 

“That is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.”

Posted: 17 September 2015 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2014-06-10

Another version. smile https://disruptorbeam.com/blog/entry/ensign-tuvok-in-timelines

Signature 

Shields at 87%.

Visit the Star Trek Timelines Wiki - more information than the Enterprise’s memory banks.
Join the community at the Star Trek Timelines Subreddit.

Posted: 17 September 2015 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-04-09

Added him to the Wiki.  I kind of blundered my way through, because I forgot what a CAPTCHA was, and kept thinking that my formatting was wrong.  Finally figured it out though

Signature 

Posted: 17 September 2015 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1927
Joined  2014-04-18

Hahahaha… his pic looks more like Yeoman Tuvok than Ensign Tuvok

Sorry… Disruptor Beam team… I luv’s the cheekiness!

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 17 September 2015 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Joined  2015-08-04

Assign Ensign Tuvok to Ten Forward. I hear he makes a great cup of tea.

Signature 

1 2 > 
1 of 2