NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

Lt. Uhura in Timelines
Posted: 08 September 2015 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2014-06-10

A communications officer aboard the USS Enterprise, Lieutenant Uhura is an incredible diplomacist and fluent in multiple languages, giving her the edge as the first point of contact with unknown alien species.

http://disruptorbeam.com/blog/entry/uhura-in-timelines

Signature 

Shields at 87%.

Visit the Star Trek Timelines Wiki - more information than the Enterprise’s memory banks.
Join the community at the Star Trek Timelines Subreddit.

Posted: 08 September 2015 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2014-04-10

The TOS is crew is filling out nicely! Keep up the great work Disruptor Beam!

Posted: 08 September 2015 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1103
Joined  2014-04-09

Strange that we haven’t seen a single JJ Trek character or ship yet.

Signature 

Peace, Love and Fuzy Wuzy Tribbles.

Posted: 08 September 2015 11:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2015-08-04
HTower - 08 September 2015 10:27 PM

Hopefully it stays that way. Well…I’d take a Bruce Greenwood Pike.

Signature 

“That is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.”

Posted: 10 September 2015 01:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2014-07-02

I hope they keep t that way as jjtrek is more star wars than trek and bad reboot of existing movies. Would love to see some mirror universe characters in this as well i.e Empress Sato or Mirror Uhura

Posted: 10 September 2015 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2014-06-10

Another version!

There’s been many reveals of crew from The Original Series here on the Star Trek Timelines blog, including Sulu, Kirk, and Spock. However, we’ve only begun to reveal the plethora of movie era stories and crew going into the game.

https://disruptorbeam.com/blog/entry/commander-uhura-in-timelines

Signature 

Shields at 87%.

Visit the Star Trek Timelines Wiki - more information than the Enterprise’s memory banks.
Join the community at the Star Trek Timelines Subreddit.

Posted: 11 September 2015 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2015-02-23

I love Uhuru. Glad to see she’s one of the first characters ‘on board’! Her skills will definitely be part of my build.

One semi-pedantic quibble: The blog for this reveal reads, “Lieutenant Uhura is an incredible diplomacist and fluent in multiple languages….” A quick google tells me there is a corporation called The Diplomacist, but ‘diplomacist’ is not actually a word (which is why there’s a little red squiggle under each instance while I type this response). The better, clearer, and more proper choice in English is ‘diplomat’. Easy edit.

btw, if y’all need a proof-reader, I’m totally up for that. I’m not a pedant irl, but I know how both Standard American and standard British English ought to be written and spelled. If I can be of service to STT it would give me great joy.

Signature 

There’s no place like home… but the stars…

Posted: 16 October 2015 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2015-08-18
Stardrifter - 08 September 2015 11:51 PM
HTower - 08 September 2015 10:27 PM

Hopefully it stays that way. Well…I’d take a Bruce Greenwood Pike.

I agree.