NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

Captain Kirk is on the Bridge!
Posted: 29 July 2015 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2332
Joined  2012-08-25

From our latest blog post, here:

https://disruptorbeam.com/blog/entry/captain-kirk-on-the-bridge

We’re proud to announce our first variant of Captain James Tiberius Kirk in Star Trek Timelines! While we’ll have three versions of Kirk at launch, this week we’ve chosen the iconic (and quite handsomely heroic) original series Captain Kirk.

Everything here is pre-beta, and that means there will be lots of change—which can be driven by you, the player community! It’s why we’re sharing it now. So please leave feedback here and help us shape the thing we all love: making and playing Star Trek Timelines!

Signature 

Khatie McKeeper
Former Community Director, Disruptor Beam

I’ve worked with you through tough times and fun.
Play on now, make me proud of what you’ll become.

Posted: 29 July 2015 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1927
Joined  2014-04-18

Hmmmm I wonder if something is still wrong with his chair (ie Generations)

A LOT of great info in that blog.  Will take some time to process.  Janeway vs Kirk stats are quite interesting!

Will be fun to learn more!

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 29 July 2015 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  576
Joined  2014-04-08

This is sweet. I was pretty much right that classic TOS Kirk would be a pretty flexible character between Command, Security and Diplomacy. Plus younger too which is why. As to the older Kirk in the 6 TOS movies those skills may have diminished or maybe he has new skills. Looking forward to hearing about the other versions of Kirk in STT.

Kudos your way for Kruge. I am a huge fan of Christopher Lloyd for his roles of Kruge in Star Trek 3 and Doc Brown in “Back to the Future” trilogy. So where I will go I will not need roads! Just the damn open space and my starship!

Signature 

“Live long and prosper.”-Spock

Posted: 29 July 2015 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1103
Joined  2014-04-09

Depending on how detailed you want to get with the game, I think some additional traits are needed.

Era:  Kirk has quite a bit of knowledge dealing with the Klingons, Khan, and others that he successfully encountered on his 5 year mission and the events of his own time.  If a mission comes up that involves Klingons of the TOS series, he should get a bonus.  Where if he encountered Klingons of the TNG or DS9 variety, he would almost think them a completely different species and suffer a negative modifier.  It works in reverse too, Picard would have a history of Kirk’s time period, but not a comfortable familiarty with the Fesarius for example.

Because TNG/DS9 and Voyager overlapped so much, it would be unfair to lump all of those missions, first contacts, battle tactics into one era.  Picard shouldn’t get a bonus for the Jem Hedar for example.  Call the trait, “Rival Race” or “Favored Enemy”.  Shouldn’t DS9 Worf get a bonus against the Jem Hadar when TNG Worf would more likely get a bonus against the Romulans or Borg?

Signature 

Peace, Love and Fuzy Wuzy Tribbles.

Posted: 16 October 2015 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2015-08-18

One of two most favorite Captians in Star Trek. The other one of course being Picard.

Posted: 09 November 2015 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2015-06-08

What would be the Trek with out Kirk… smile