NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

Constellation Class & Hero Starships in Timelines
Posted: 15 July 2015 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2332
Joined  2012-08-25

Starships and crew members both play a big role in how players advance through Star Trek Timelines. This week, lead 3D artist Allen White and lead gameplay designer Tim Crosby reveal the Constellation class while talking about Hero Ships, such as the USS Stargazer and Enterprise NCC-1701-D. They also discuss ship stats and even give a little tease about what players can expect with ship upgrades. We’ll be revealing more details and new features in the coming weeks.

Watch the video, here:

https://youtu.be/H7ECIKvDkQQ?list=PLZhmmpCest4rGuhpZahr6-ZqRO1r9HcGq

Signature 

Khatie McKeeper
Former Community Director, Disruptor Beam

I’ve worked with you through tough times and fun.
Play on now, make me proud of what you’ll become.

Posted: 15 July 2015 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1927
Joined  2014-04-18

Really enjoyed seeing this earlier today on StarTrek.com and later on Facebook.

The DB team is spot on with what you are building and is going to be great to ENGAGE!

The Stargazer is beautiful.

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 15 July 2015 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  576
Joined  2014-04-08

Loving the USS Stargazer constellation class vessel. Practically had me at words “battle stations” as well. Looking forward to hearing about how combat works in this game during those situations when all else fails. Nice work!

Signature 

“Live long and prosper.”-Spock

Posted: 15 July 2015 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2332
Joined  2012-08-25

Woohoo! Thanks, guys. cheese

Signature 

Khatie McKeeper
Former Community Director, Disruptor Beam

I’ve worked with you through tough times and fun.
Play on now, make me proud of what you’ll become.

Posted: 15 July 2015 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2015-06-13

Interesting.

Posted: 15 July 2015 07:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Joined  2015-06-13

Will we be having hero starbases and spacedocks too?

Posted: 15 July 2015 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2014-10-04

Awesome - looking good methinks.

Signature 

Stark: 1x — Lannister: 1x — Greyjoy: 2x — Baratheon: 1x — Targaryen: 1x — Tyrell: 2x — Tulley: 2x — Martell: 7x — Young Dragon: 2— Baby Dragon: 1

Feel free to add me as a friend

Timelines DBID - 438924088438784

Posted: 16 July 2015 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
STT Command
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3840
Joined  2013-05-15
tyrion2016 - 15 July 2015 07:02 PM

Will we be having hero starbases and spacedocks too?

This is an interesting question. Right now, we don’t have plans allowing you to own a starbase or spacedock. THose things exist in the game, but they’re not “yours.” We’re focusing on starships right now, but maybe you’ll be able to build a starbase in a future expansion!

Signature 

Nod
Product Manager, Star Trek Timelines

Posted: 16 July 2015 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Joined  2015-06-13

Will we be able to assign some of the crew quarters?

Posted: 17 July 2015 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
STT Command
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3840
Joined  2013-05-15
tyrion2016 - 16 July 2015 09:53 PM

Oh yes! You’re absolutely able to slow crew into different places - like Locutus into the bar at Ten Forward.

Signature 

Nod
Product Manager, Star Trek Timelines

Posted: 17 July 2015 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-04-08

By the way I love new background with the Captain Kirk’s 1701 Enterprise in orbit of a planet on STT-Disruptor Beam main page. That is so cool looking.

Signature 

Posted: 17 July 2015 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1927
Joined  2014-04-18
Nod - 17 July 2015 04:07 PM
tyrion2016 - 16 July 2015 09:53 PM

Oh yes! You’re absolutely able to slow crew into different places - like Locutus into the bar at Ten Forward.

How about spider Barclay as ship’s counselor?

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 25 July 2015 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2015-02-23

Thanks so much for this juicy reveal! In the vid, the game screen shows way more than just the Con class ship.

It shows 3 types of ‘currency’ on top - gonna guess one is a dilithium/energy thing you need to get from one place to another, one an in-game regular currency (e.g., Federation ‘credits’) and a third is premium cash-bought currency (e.g., ‘latinum’).

I also see a PvP button (YAY!)

and a ‘chat’ button. hrrrrrm…. not to be a buzzkill, but I sure hope & pray that DB has realized the chat in GoTA is utterly fubar and has designed this chat ground-up to be more functional (i.e., some version of a 3/type chat such as other games have: private, world, and alliance, with action logs that can be activated and DEACTIVATED by the player as needed).

I see what looks like a galaxy map, which we’ve already had a reveal for

I see what looks like a wormhole…. very intriguing! Any comments, Shan, Khatie, or Nod?

And I see a ‘list’ which could be crew, or friends, or both.

Great vid overall, and it’s looking like things are shaping up well for a BETA RELEASE sometime soon after VEGAS?? <fingers crossed> <holding my breath>

ready to ENGAGE!!

Signature 

There’s no place like home… but the stars…

Posted: 26 July 2015 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-04-08
El-Auria - 25 July 2015 10:32 AM

Thanks so much for this juicy reveal! In the vid, the game screen shows way more than just the Con class ship.

It shows 3 types of ‘currency’ on top - gonna guess one is a dilithium/energy thing you need to get from one place to another, one an in-game regular currency (e.g., Federation ‘credits’) and a third is premium cash-bought currency (e.g., ‘latinum’).

I also see a PvP button (YAY!)

and a ‘chat’ button. hrrrrrm…. not to be a buzzkill, but I sure hope & pray that DB has realized the chat in GoTA is utterly fubar and has designed this chat ground-up to be more functional (i.e., some version of a 3/type chat such as other games have: private, world, and alliance, with action logs that can be activated and DEACTIVATED by the player as needed).

I see what looks like a galaxy map, which we’ve already had a reveal for

I see what looks like a wormhole…. very intriguing! Any comments, Shan, Khatie, or Nod?

And I see a ‘list’ which could be crew, or friends, or both.

Great vid overall, and it’s looking like things are shaping up well for a BETA RELEASE sometime soon after VEGAS?? <fingers crossed> <holding my breath>

ready to ENGAGE!!

Yes I am wondering about all that myself. I am curious about the combat system and especially the alliances which Shan gave a tip we won’t be using our own ships which hope to learn more soon on that.

Signature 

Posted: 27 July 2015 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2015-02-23

I’m also grateful for the sneak peak of the ‘battle stations’ screen, with a few of the forthcoming crewmembers on display.

I’m guessing that we’ll need to make some tough choices about buffs/bonuses - if we place a crewperson in ‘battle stations’ for a challenge, they’ll need to be removed from a part of the ship that could confer a buff we’d like to have on that challenge. Just so y’know, I saw what you did there…

Signature 

There’s no place like home… but the stars…

Posted: 16 October 2015 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2015-08-18

I would definitely go with Enterprise D.