NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

Timelines are of Bajor
Posted: 10 June 2015 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1927
Joined  2014-04-18

Enjoyed the discussion posted on StarTrek.com about the role of Bajor and the characters and situations we’ll get to explore.

http://www.startrek.com/article/bajorans-allies-and-enemies

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 10 June 2015 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  703
Joined  2014-04-09

Cap Denslog .......... Supplemental

Your Mission Bridge Crew

….......if you choose to accept it….......is to learn everything you can about the Bajorans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap7v7CNNiLA

Sharpen your diplomatic skills, sharpen your tongue, and sharpen your weapons.

In Timelines, the choice will be yours as to which path you will take. Examine and explore your Pah….. 
before the game begins.

Additional info from the “dossier” image attached can be found in ‘Star Trek: Visual Dictionary”

Image Attachments
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
 Signature 

Cap Denslog ....out

“Beam me up to the UNIMATRIX B4 - ZERO fleet”

Posted: 10 June 2015 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1927
Joined  2014-04-18

Easiest crew member to opt out of ever: Kai Winn

I still feel queasy when I even start to think about the things she and a surgically altered (to seem Bajoran) Gul Dukat engaged in.

Changing the mental channel now…

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 10 June 2015 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  576
Joined  2014-04-08

Kai Winn was a good character but I somewhat hate her. Even more I couldn’t trust the Cardassians either. Then there is the Maquis who are a terrorist organization. If Sisko would supported them I might have staved off the Dominion War but then again maybe not so much. I guess that is for me to find out to let Maquis live without having the Jem Hadr from the Dominion run them over again. Lastly when you factor in the Dominion that just factors more interesting stuff in a situation between all these folks in this one corner of galaxy near the wormhole. Of course the Cardassians and Breen sold their souls to support the Dominion during the war. Things could get more interesting than it was on the DS9 show….like there is a Borg cube coming straight toward the DS9 station! Run! Let’s say I like to do some payback on Kai Winn and Gul Dukat. I thought Vedak Bareil was a good guy that should have been the Kai but he wussed out.

Signature 

“Live long and prosper.”-Spock

Posted: 11 June 2015 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2015-02-23

Kai Winn was a beautifully written and acted character, whose purpose was to exemplify the danger of all forms of fundamentalism. This kind of social commentary is the meat and bones of trek’s virtue.

I believe that, as portrayed by Louise Fletcher, she (like most fundamentalists) is a sincere and devoted adherent, whose religion has been twisted by her own human weaknesses (in Winn’s case, ambition and envy) into a destructive and amoral force. Winn’s mental gymnastics are all too familiar to viewers - the recognize them from tv personalities and famous politicians. Her fall took too long to suit us, but was predictable - its seed was in her entire worldview.

Signature 

There’s no place like home… but the stars…