NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

Comments on Galaxy Map, Story Lines and Factions
Posted: 20 May 2015 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  703
Joined  2014-04-09

On its Join the Federation Page Disruptorbeam has posted links to an article and video of the map from Timelines.

Read the article and see the link on the Federation page but all I can say at this point is

W.O.W. ..........  cool smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRcp5Fm-11g

I think it was a signal from Disruptorbeam that a new future in Star Trek video gaming is upon us.

Image Attachments
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
 Signature 

Cap Denslog ....out

“Beam me up to the UNIMATRIX B4 - ZERO fleet”

Posted: 20 May 2015 10:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  576
Joined  2014-04-08

I am quite impressed as my first response was WOW! Also I will give the Maquis a second chance at forming an independent nation. The Ferengi will retain their new ways. The Xindi will get my support against the Terran Empire to keep violence reigned in check. As far as Cardassia goes I am not sure they will get any aid from me but I am sure I will be selling only Victoria’s Secret to the Romulans before Captain Kirk gets his hands on it, HeHe! Even still I find the Romulans quite awesome so I could make an alliance with them. Then there is the Borg and Khan waiting to pounce while the Augments like a piece of the action wanting some galactic territory. In the end I find this interesting dealing with this temporal anomaly and how it has affected everyone in the galaxy. So ready for the fun to begin.

Signature 

“Live long and prosper.”-Spock

Posted: 21 May 2015 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2014-04-29

I love the idea of affecting the balance of power with what I do. I definitely want to screw over various factions for petty reasons.

Posted: 21 May 2015 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1103
Joined  2014-04-09

When I watched the video, I saw 3 different currencies.  White was probably Federation Credits.  Dark Purple might be dilithium?  And the green most likely Latinum.

Based upon what so many other micro transaction games have done previously we can probably deduce that the Federation Credits will be the standard in game money, used for buying phasers, equipment, some personnel, etc.  Latinum of course is the premium currency that is carefully doled out by leveling up and purchased with Real World Money, used for all of the ships, people, whatever that you can’t get with Federation Credits. The dilithium, could that be a special currency needed for building ships, making upgrades to ships? 

Having 3 currencies (I’m presuming) adds an extra wrinkle to the game that we don’t normally have in many games.  (Yes, STO does this)

Signature 

Peace, Love and Fuzy Wuzy Tribbles.

Posted: 22 May 2015 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2014-06-23
HTower - 21 May 2015 11:03 AM

When I watched the video, I saw 3 different currencies.  White was probably Federation Credits.  Dark Purple might be dilithium?  And the green most likely Latinum.

*snip*

The dilithium, could that be a special currency needed for building ships, making upgrades to ships?

I think dilithium is more likely to be an “energy” supply to limit how many missions you can go on at a time, as is done in many mobile games and the like.

Signature 

“We’re out here to explore, to make contact with other lifeforms, to establish peaceful relations but not to interfere… and absolutely not to destroy.” -Jean-Luc Picard

Posted: 26 May 2015 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2015-02-23

good guess on Dilithium. I’d say that’s bankable.

The vid is sweet. Really looking forward to playing around in that map. Gonna listen to my gut about how I work w/each faction. Just keep asking myself, “What Would Guinan Do?”  wink

Signature 

There’s no place like home… but the stars…

Posted: 27 May 2015 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-04-09
El-Auria - 26 May 2015 07:48 PM

“What Would Guinan Do?”  wink

Hide on Earth?  (Time’s Arrow)
Run Away and leave your people to be assimilated?  (Generations, TNG:Q Who)

Sure she has fantastic bartender skills and can give sage advice, but she seems a bit of a pacifist. (unless she’s punching a “human” Q, which was hilarious)

Signature 

Posted: 27 May 2015 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1927
Joined  2014-04-18

I thought it was pretty awesome how Guinan could outshoot Worf in the practice range.  I think there is a bit more to Guinan that hides behind her patience and smile.  You don’t learn how to shoot like that unless you have a reason. grin

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 27 May 2015 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-04-09
Papinka - 27 May 2015 10:18 AM

I thought it was pretty awesome how Guinan could outshoot Worf in the practice range.  I think there is a bit more to Guinan that hides behind her patience and smile.  You don’t learn how to shoot like that unless you have a reason. grin

Which episode was that?  I need to see Worf’s face after being beaten

Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2015 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2015-02-23

[quote author=“HTower” date=“1432735266
Sure she has fantastic bartender skills and can give sage advice, but she seems a bit of a pacifist. (unless she’s punching a “human” Q, which was hilarious)

um… you say ‘pacifist’ like that’s a bad thing? You must be from the ‘Merkin Empire wink

Signature 

There’s no place like home… but the stars…

Posted: 28 May 2015 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1927
Joined  2014-04-18
HTower - 27 May 2015 12:35 PM
Papinka - 27 May 2015 10:18 AM

Which episode was that?  I need to see Worf’s face after being beaten

“Redemption” and his face was classic!

There is an image of it on memory alpha… just tough to share it.  http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Guinan

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 29 May 2015 04:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  857
Joined  2013-07-08

I am amazed, this game is really turning into something unique, I’m excited to see the final product. Well the beta product, well hopefully.

Signature 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnaZQWmjuUY

“You accomplish exactly as much as the people who serve you decide you’ll accomplish, and nothing more.”

Funny joke about guides

I have 3 threads sticked in 3 different forum sections. You saying you don’t know me?

Posted: 24 June 2015 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-10-29

The galaxy map look awesome

‹‹ Please help me.      MOAR VIDEOZ!!! ››